PDA

View Full Version : Stella Sale

Liteliner
01-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Just a heads up if your in the market for a stella fa or fb. Longfin has them on sale for 380. About 150 bucks off. :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: I wish i had the money for it. :Sad::Sad:

sesgia
01-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Just a heads up if your in the market for a stella fa or fb. Longfin has them on sale for 380. About 150 bucks off. :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop: I wish i had the money for it. :Sad::Sad:

that price sound like the 07 or 08 1000 model
if they can drop the price lower i'll take it
and i know they can go lower than that and still make some$$$

Ricky-Ray
01-10-2009, 12:17 AM
hmmmmmmm.............tempting

sonarbp
01-13-2009, 10:18 AM
that price sound like the 07 or 08 1000 model
if they can drop the price lower i'll take it
and i know they can go lower than that and still make some$$$

I am sure they can drop the price and still make money....but the prices are set by Shimano and Longfin had to get approval to offer them at this price!!!! It is all part of the agreement in order to be a Shimano dealer.

Koshaw
01-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I just picked up the Stradic 1000FI 2009 model for 130 including tax/shipping etc...

Ebay baby...

sonarbp
01-15-2009, 07:21 AM
Hey guys stopped by Jimmy's Outdoors in Orange last night and noticed that they have the new stella "FD" models for the lowest price I have seen anywhere!! They had the Stella 3000 FD, which retails for $699, for $480.......thats like 200 bucks off!!!!!

Thought I would let you guys know if you are in the market for a Stella you might consider Jimmy's in Orange.

sonarbp

sesgia
01-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I am sure they can drop the price and still make money....but the prices are set by Shimano and Longfin had to get approval to offer them at this price!!!! It is all part of the agreement in order to be a Shimano dealer.

Hey guys stopped by Jimmy's Outdoors in Orange last night and noticed that they have the new stella "FD" models for the lowest price I have seen anywhere!! They had the Stella 3000 FD, which retails for $699, for $480.......thats like 200 bucks off!!!!!

Thought I would let you guys know if you are in the market for a Stella you might consider Jimmy's in Orange.

sonarbp

see if the price is set by shimano it should not go that low. as for the stella 1000 i have seen it in many place and the lowest price i have seen is under 350:Wink:

sonarbp
01-15-2009, 11:51 AM
I know...that is what I said to the guys at the shop. They insisted that the price was right!!!! They told me even though it was listed higher in the book they are willing to move the reels thay have at this price.

Nessie Hunter
01-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Any one remember the charkbait/Shimano fiasco a few years back???

http://www.charkbait.com/

Charkbait quit selling Shimano cus they wouldnt come down on their price fixing...
Nothing good said about Shimano at Charkbait now, kinda funny..
Charkbait is a very high volume dealer and wanted a price edge...

Shimano sets their retail prices via contract to retailers.. They say every one sells at the same "fair" price that way???? :ROFL::ROFL:

Unless a retailer is going to stop selling Shimano or Shimano drops the price to blow out old models...
All Shimano prices will be pretty close to the same... Only thing retailers have to work with is "their" profit margin....