PDA

View Full Version : Short report Nice Day at the Vine' 01/08/09

KEL40
01-08-2009, 07:46 PM

9635Well got to the my favorite lake this cold and glorious morning around 545am. I had my own boat so I wasn't in a rush. I am new to trolling for fish. Started the morning out trolling a Rapala CD-03 in a fire tiger pattern along the west shore and Trout Island with no takers. I stopped trolling around 930am to do some dropshotting at my favorite cove in the West Shore. Caught these two fishes and that was it for me. I farmed liked three of them nothing big though. Seems like the bigger fish are being caught by trollers these days. I went out Tuesday and overheard and 11 pound fish caught by a guy trolling a N/C at Trout Island and some other couple also caught and but farmed a double digit fish trolling a CD03blue and silver Kinda of a tough bite for me today. I'm used to limiting out in two hours. Still a day fishing beats any day at work. Here are some pics as well. [

Jbro
01-08-2009, 09:06 PM
two trout, all their fins....better than some of the deformed triploids i see from other lakes. That is why the pull nice and hard.

SteveH
01-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Hardly no boats on the lake?
My favorite time to hit the lake, fish or no fish.
Having the lake all to yourself is the best.
Good times....

troutdog
01-09-2009, 01:41 AM
I'm liking the tails on those fish right there, thanks for the post and welcome to the board!

You should sign up for a free photobucket account to store and post your pictures, I think you'll like it check it out.

Once again welcome!

TD

KEL40
01-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Thanks guys for the welcome being one of my first post in all Jbro, Troutdog, SteveH!

troutdog: Thanks bro for the welcome! Yeah I'll look into the photobucket account to store my pics!

Steve H: Heck yeah:Envious: fishing the lake during the week is sweet if you can get out there. Weekends are cool too if you have no other choice. Thanks for the response!!

Jbro: Yeah the bigger one pulled hard! I thought it was a bigger fish it fought so hard. Can't wait for those silver bullets Jimmy wrote about last week!!

Until next time
tight lines everyone!!!

MAVERICK27
01-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Ahhh, no secret on these forums, that is my favorite lake too :) Welcom and thanks for the report! Try th elarger lures...easier for the fish to see and come up and hit them...move up to CD-05's and use scent. That should bring the fish for you on the troll!! Good luck and don't give up!!!

Rooster
01-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Nicely done Kel,, How did the water look? Is it clearing up at all?

shy_boxer
01-09-2009, 02:36 PM
Good job punking the skunk. Thanks for the report.