PDA

View Full Version : dvl asap

socal_jeff
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
i am going to be at the lake tomorrow and well be fishing from shore i want to know how is the swimbait fishing and if the topwater action is still good.

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
topwater no love been super slow...swimbait is rough and slow also in a boat would better your chances by 90% of hooking atleast one or hits.. its hard out there right now man..cold fronts and now sunny days has ruined it.Good luck though.

ZBA

dodoman
01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
its been mostly l.m.b. all week.
heres my sunday report.

had socal 7 and rambo boy with us , along with my nephew.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7teZwXauOxA&feature=channel_page

addict2fishing
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
We had a boat and we were on the east dam pretty much all day hooked up with 1 lmb and almost had a big stripper. There was no wind so the fishin was tough and there was not a lack of casting the swim baits all day. Good luck and hope for wind!

killerInstinct
01-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Very tough day on the water today.We threw swimbaits all day for 2 followers and that was it.They stocked trout at the east dam but they were the jumbo trout so no boils on the Mr. striper .

RamboBoy
01-08-2009, 08:34 PM
There is mostly L.M.B. biting at this time.

Striper go deep in the water because of due to water low level. In the back, back, and back time it was good fishing striper those people who reports and caught big stripers in the past years ago. I have not catch one striper in a long ago and I didn't know stripers are still there d.v.l., skinner, silverwood, pyramid and castiac and especially the Duct before I moved back to California from Massachusett 36lber striper I caught in Cape Cod, East Chatham. I grew up Sol Cal, btw.

So We need to change fishing technique instead of swim bait or zplug.

Good luck out there!

here is another one video
dodo, dodo's nephew, socalguy7 and I went fishing trip last week Saturday. Check out video have your popcorn and soda, enjoying watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amMRCAe0gYg&feature=channel_page

socal_jeff
01-08-2009, 08:40 PM
thanks for the heads up i hope i at least get a some followers hopefully something would hit the swimbait

fishnfrk05
01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Fished for two hours with swimbaits yesterday on the right side of the marina with zero love, no followers or trout to be seen, So go to the left to increase your chances and i would probably fish deep. peace

MAVERICK27
01-09-2009, 09:22 AM
A little off topic, but anyone trolling leadcore or downriggers to find the deep suspended stripers??

RamboBoy
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
I have done tandem drop line, and etc.. NONE suspended stripers. But I am working on it fishing technique due to the water low level.

fishtacosmmm
01-10-2009, 08:37 PM
kids your swimbaits r just too big,
go down in size, maybe a spro 1 shad in 4 inch
or smaller, kastmaster..they are still on top as of today
my buddy reported 4 med size stripers on kastmater silver today at DVL

go get em

MAVERICK27
01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I was referring to the big boys down deep....they are there, was curious if anyone has been targetng them with deeper gear????? Anyone???

fishtacosmmm
01-16-2009, 12:07 AM
We used mid and deep water trolling
but no love, they're on top..
we saw them and ignored all lures, except...

Guys,the stripers eat at night, at moon rise
they chew trout and anything else
but during the day the just snack on small baits
leave the big swimbait home
bring the scroungers and small plastic swimbaits
they are on top but you'll see no boils
due to the size of the shad they're after during the day

u can try nightcrawlers... snacks...

-or skunk-

DVL marina pic

MAVERICK27
01-16-2009, 09:40 AM