PDA

View Full Version : Legg lake 1-08-09

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 07:10 PM
well wasn't going to make this report so that the trout could have a couple more days to live, but since Sesgia already told about the stocking today might as well

truck rolled up, stocked 1000 pounds of trout from LITERALLY 1 OZ to about 1/3 lb in the north lake

almost instamatically (instant + automatically together) the shore was packed like a zoo including people with no licenses, people loading up buckets with trout
trout weren't hungry for the first 30 minutes or so but the snaggers were getting them.
The water was so dense with fish it was almost not possible to make a cast without your lure "hitting" a trout or two, thats how he got a couple trout with that big ole lure

after half hour or so they were hungry, then it was WIDE on plastics. Fish every 3rd cast or so. For me it was a dropshotted power worm in orange that was the hot ticket. Got bored after about 1/2 hour and just chilled with buddy Monkeerow, came back after about an hour or so and the trout had dispersed a bit, but they were still there taking bait now.

anyways, trout are there, get there before the birds and poachers

All fish C&R not even picture worthy except for one

http://media6.dropshots.com/photos/163581/20090108/190146.jpg

http://media6.dropshots.com/photos/163581/20090108/190200.jpg

10 pounds lloyd!
http://media6.dropshots.com/photos/163581/20090108/190209.jpg
There were quite a few his size and smaller too!

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
The next time ANYONE witnesses people doing illegal practices like snagging or scooping stocked trout, please call the DFG immediately and chase those idiots away!

jbassc
01-08-2009, 07:31 PM
The next time ANYONE witnesses people doing illegal practices like snagging or scooping stocked trout, please call the DFG immediately and chase those idiots away!

DFG aint gonna do a darn thing they dont give a dam about legg lake they rather be patrolling castaic and pyramid.

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 07:31 PM
you'd be doing that all day at legg... alll day.....

jbassc
01-08-2009, 07:35 PM
you'd be doing that all day at legg... Alll day.....

doing what?

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Take a wrist rocket and shoot those fools in the butt or take a public address radio and make an announcement that the DFG is here or take a fire hydrant and spray anyone breaking the law or take an automatic weapon and empty a few dozen clips...well, I guess you get the point!

fish4keep
01-08-2009, 07:38 PM
well wasn't going to make this report so that the trout could have a couple more days to live, but since Sesgia already told about the stocking today might as well

truck rolled up, stocked 1000 pounds of trout from LITERALLY 1 OZ to about 1/3 lb in the north lake

almost instamatically (instant + automatically together) the shore was packed like a zoo including people with no licenses, asian people loading up their soy sauce buckets with trout (its cool I'm asian too, some people mess up our image i tell you)
trout weren't hungry for the first 30 minutes or so but the snaggers were getting them.
The water was so dense with fish it was almost not possible to make a cast without your lure "hitting" a trout or two, thats how he got a couple trout with that big ole lure

after half hour or so they were hungry, then it was WIDE on plastics. Fish every 3rd cast or so. For me it was a dropshotted power worm in orange that was the hot ticket. Got bored after about 1/2 hour and just chilled with buddy Monkeerow, came back after about an hour or so and the trout had dispersed a bit, but they were still there taking bait now.

anyways, trout are there, get there before the birds and poachers

All fish C&R not even picture worthy except for one

http://media6.dropshots.com/photos/163581/20090108/190146.jpg

http://media6.dropshots.com/photos/163581/20090108/190200.jpg

10 pounds lloyd!
http://media6.dropshots.com/photos/163581/20090108/190209.jpg
There were quite a few his size and smaller too!

Just cause you're asian doesn't make it right to put asian down. Maybe you should open you eye and see if there were any other race there. Just saying......

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:39 PM
DFG aint gonna do a darn thing they dont give a dam about legg lake they rather be patrolling castaic and pyramid.

I know what you mean but if you call them and tell them that somebody said that they don't care if anybody breaks the law at Legg lake and then explained to them exactly what the poachers were doing, I GUARANTEE you that truck loads of wardens would be there within one hour!

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 07:39 PM
doing what?

chasing idiots away

jbassc
01-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Take a wrist rocket and shoot those fools in the butt or take a public address radio and make an announcement that the DFG is here or take a fire hydrant and spray anyone breaking the law or take an automatic weapon and empty a few dozen clips...well, I guess you get the point!

Not even the cops patrolling the park give a dam,but trust me ive gotten into it before with fools poaching people that fish legg know that but i aint trying to get busted for a dumb fish.If im gonna do something its not gonna be chasing its gonna be punching.

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Just cause you're asian doesn't make it right to put asian down. Maybe you should open you eye and see if there were any other race there. Just saying......

sorry fish4keep, didn't mean to offend anybody
Guess i came off the wrong way

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Not even the cops patrolling the park give a dam,but trust me ive gotten into it before with fools poaching people that fish legg know that but i aint trying to get busted for a dumb fish.

I hear ya...that's why we need to get our tax paying dollars to work and get the DFG interested in places like Legg where they could fill 10 ticket books in one hour.

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
those cops go by every like 20 minutes too
they dont care though

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:44 PM
those cops go by every like 20 minutes too
they dont care though

Right, no cops are gonna care about poachers but if DFG saw it, they'd be scratching out cites!

jbassc
01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
I know what you mean but if you call them and tell them that somebody said that they don't care if anybody breaks the law at Legg lake and then explained to them exactly what the poachers were doing, I GUARANTEE you that truck loads of wardens would be there within one hour!

Been there done that every time i talk to a dfg officer he tells me that there gonna look into but they never do or another excuse is (well we only have 4 officers for the whole county we cant be everywere at once)this issue at legg is old news we been dealing with it for a long time thats why all the bass are gone (COOKED AND FRYED).

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
funny thing,
dude next to me caught a trout, and asked the people fishing next to us if they wanted the trout, they said no we can't take it we don't have a license. but they were fishing! haha

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:48 PM
funny thing,
dude next to me caught a trout, and asked the people fishing next to us if they wanted the trout, they said no we can't take it we don't have a license. but they were fishing! haha

You shoulda pushed that fool w/o a license into the water and then broke his pole over your knee and thrown into the lake!

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:50 PM
Been there done that every time i talk to a dfg officer he tells me that there gonna look into but they never do or another excuse is (well we only have 4 officers for the whole county we cant be everywere at once)this issue at legg is old news we been dealing with it for a long time thats why all the bass are gone (COOKED AND FRYED).

We could patition to have stocking at city lakes discontinued? Maybe that would help the Governator solved the budget problem???

Did you feel that shaker???

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
dont warden costs pay for themselves? you figure a non license ticket is like 600 bucks.. 1 citation a day is money for warden plus extra for state isnt it?
somebody want to give me insight on this?

Ambassadorhawg
01-08-2009, 07:58 PM
dont warden costs pay for themselves? you figure a non license ticket is like 600 bucks.. 1 citation a day is money for warden plus extra for state isnt it?
somebody want to give me insight on this?

When I looked into becoming a warden a few years back, they were payed a fixed salary...which wasn't enough for me, so I went self employed.

Ifishtoolittle
01-08-2009, 07:59 PM
You think the trout will still be there by Sunday, also which lake?

E.A.R.G.
01-08-2009, 08:11 PM
You think the trout will still be there by Sunday, also which lake?

you know, BEFORE the truck showed up some dude caught one, and that was 3 weeks since the last plant so they'll be there sunday for sure. The north lake
good luck go get em buddy

sesgia
01-08-2009, 08:15 PM
funny thing,

hey the trout did go back in the water :LOL:

Ifishtoolittle
01-08-2009, 09:49 PM
you know, BEFORE the truck showed up some dude caught one, and that was 3 weeks since the last plant so they'll be there sunday for sure. The north lake
good luck go get em buddy

Thanks EyeAmRealGhetto!

BingJr
01-08-2009, 11:22 PM
WTH is the point of stocking fish that size? Unless your puttin em in pyramid or castaic to feed mr stripey!

shy_boxer
01-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Sounds to me that there was a bunch of poaching savages at the Legg. I wish I was there to call DFG or the local police. I am sure the state needs money.

I think every fishing license paying angler should be upset at this type of conduct. It's your money that allows them to poach. We need to do something about it?

Ambassadorhawg
01-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Sounds to me that there was a bunch of poaching savages at the Legg. I wish I was there to call DFG or the local police. I am sure the state needs money.

I think every fishing license paying angler should be upset at this type of conduct. It's your money that allows them to poach. We need to do something about it?

Exactly what I was saying earlier in the thread! Let's have a group meeting at Legg. We will all carry crack whips and have a little fun with the law breakers! That should scatter the masses!

smokinflies
01-09-2009, 07:22 AM

I agree, jbassc. The DFG isn't gonna do any thing. You're better off calling the local police. They'll at least confront the snaggers and drive them away.

smokinflies
01-09-2009, 07:28 AM

I seriously doubt it! :Sad:

Ambassadorhawg
01-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I see room for an FNN expansion...

Darius
01-09-2009, 08:44 AM
they call me sea bass, and i'll kick some poaching *** along with you members.

E.A.R.G.
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
they call me sea bass, and i'll kick some poaching *** along with you members.

kick his *** sea bass!

PureAle
01-09-2009, 09:24 PM
kick his *** sea bass!

lol:rofl:........

The Angler
01-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Hahahaha:Envious:

LIZARDKING1
01-11-2009, 10:13 PM
I used to fish the legg many years ago when the poachers would jump the fence to the wildlife sanctuary.This poacher problem did not seem to exist on such a grand scale.But then again,fishing licenses only cost about ten bucks.Every time I read about these illegal events and the DFG's inability to respond,It just adds another reason no to go back to a place I enjoyed so much as a teen.Tragic.