PDA

View Full Version : Little help please!

LEE BOY3
01-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey guy's was looking at Shimano TR200G pared with 6'6"MHeavy Fast action Shimano convergence rod,do you think thats a good leadcore setup for fishing trout&striper?Price was $140 18lb leadcore line included.:Confused:

one_leg
01-08-2009, 04:01 PM
You would be getting ripped off at that price. Keep searching. That is not really a trolling rod anyways.

LEE BOY3
01-08-2009, 04:11 PM
You would be getting ripped off at that price. Keep searching. That is not really a trolling rod anyways.

Thanks for the heads up! what type of rod would recomend for trolling leadcore?

one_leg
01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
A 7 foot or 8 foot Medium action trolling rod rated for 15 to 30 lb. Do yourself a real big favor and get a reel with a decent linecounter.

MAVERICK27
01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Depends on what you are trolling for...a striper rig would be totally different than a trout rig. I troll lead core at the Vine for trout...but anything above 12lb leadcore is way way overkill for trout!! Mine is strong as hell...never had any snap for any reason...even when it gets snagged....I use a 6lb mono leader. I use a medium action 6'6 rod..stiff enough to slack up the load core to set the fish. I also use Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs for reels...I think I have 6300 and 6500's I set the drag light with the clicker on and wait for the loud ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

WaterBound
01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey guy's was looking at Shimano TR200G pared with 6'6"MHeavy Fast action Shimano convergence rod,do you think thats a good leadcore setup for fishing trout&striper?Price was $140 18lb leadcore line included.:Confused:

A little too expensive for me. I paid something like $90 for my whole setup. I use the same reel but a different rod. As Maverick27 said as long as your rod action is fast enough for quick hooksets you should be OK. Also 18lb leadcore is way overkill for trout. I actually use a much cheaper setup for my heavy leadcore rig. Just a simple $40 Shakespeare outfit from walmart. Tidewater reel with an ugly stick rod. For the price of your one outfit you could have two trolling setups and my outfits work fine. Good Luck.

LEE BOY3
01-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Thank's for all your time and info everyone i really appreciate it.This will really help me out in finding a good setup.