PDA

View Full Version : tips at vine

fishinfanatic03
01-07-2009, 08:48 PM
hey guys

My brother is going to head out to the vine with some newbies tomorrow and was wondering if you guys can offer any tips on whats been working and where to fish! thank you very much!!

Kenny

shy_boxer
01-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Location....location...location...just like Donald Trump would say. I would tell them to find a good location that produces fish such as trout island and the west shore.

In terms of baits...I would stick to all the Berkley Gulp products and old faithful an inflated nightcrawler. You can also read all the recent FNN reports to give you an idea on what baits to use. Good luck.

troutdog
01-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Shy Boxer's advice sounds right on the money to me...

I'd also suggest to tell your brother to go into the cafe and talk to the staff....ask for Nick or Whitney, I'm pretty sure Patrick will be there too. I'm not sure if your bro is new to the fishing game, but I would suggest he ask the staff to show all the newbies what their rig should look like and ensure they have all the needed gear. I see that being the biggest mistake when I'm out there, I'll see someone out there mid-afternoon and not rigged up correctly with an empty stringer. Had they asked someone from the staff it may have been a different story....that is what they are there for hence "the lake that wants you to catch fish!". The Team57 members I fish with will try to help those who need it, the earlier in the day the better though!

Good luck to your bro, let us know how they fared!

TD