PDA

View Full Version : 3 way swivels

bigblue
01-07-2009, 08:09 PM
First of all happy new yr to everyone! Im a new angler and this website is the best i get all of my knowledge from this site. I love reading all ur postings. Quick ? I got some 3 way swivels but im not sure how to use them it seems to me that if i put 2 leaders the lines will get tangled! Any tips would be truly helpful! I got them just to fill up my tackle box!

sesgia
01-07-2009, 08:19 PM
3 way swivels is good for ocean but it can be use for lake like drop shot and reviser drop loop like

l
l
8o-------J
l
J
or you can just switch with weight and hook
well good luck out there ok :Wink:

bsp
01-07-2009, 08:22 PM
One swivel eye goes to the leader, the other goes to a weight, and the last goes to your mainline. What you described is actually a little known bass fishing technique. You take a bottom bouncing lure like a jig and use it in place of the lead weight. Basicallu, no weight on mainline, floating plastic on one leader, and bottom bouncing lure on the other. Some people also use two leaders with swimbaits and soft plastic jerkbaits to make it look like a school of fish.

lurk 182
01-07-2009, 10:09 PM
tie the line that goes to your rod to one end, a length of line that will go to your sinker on one, and a line that will go to your bait on the third. its kinda in between a drop shot and a carolina rig i guess. i've heard of people using a very light line for the one that goes to your sinker. this way, if your sinker gets lodged in something that line will snap and you'll get the rest of your rig back.