PDA

View Full Version : 01-07-09FishStix-1st-SwimBait Fish/Pics.

JSAUCE818
01-07-2009, 07:36 PM
ill be posting up this report per Fishstix cause he told me he was to busy and didnt have time to post it up today....

Fishstix(james) and i are usually partners in crime frome time to time. We havnt really hit the water together in a while ,...I been a great guide service to this guy,..lol..One of the last time we fished together i take him out and introduce him to drop shotting for hali's one of his 1st times and he nails a 30in. and a 32in. halibut in one day,."bastard!"...lol.its all him though, this guy got skills..:Cool:
So we talked earlier in the day during work and tells me he just bought a new swimbait reel and he wants to break it in, so i said...
"screw it lets do this":Twisted: I took him to this Ninja spot i go to for LMB. We did the old SanDiego mexican style technique and hopped the fence:Envious: and started walking to the spot, we are rigging at the same time and we are quite a ways already i open my WFO Waist pack to get my Hudd and there was nothing but my freakin trout gear!!:Angry: i could have sworn i brought it with me when we got out of the car,..i guess it was that hard short right hook to the head during yesterdays sparring session that still was affecting me:Confused::LOL: anyways, so we werent about to walk back...
I had an "L.A. SLIDER" swimbait but i had let james slap that on his rod....ehhh, didnt want to walk back to the car plus we were short on time. So i just kept walking pissed cause i had swimbait rod with trout gear in my waist pack:LOL:. Anyways get to the 1st pocket, james throws a couple of cast and nothing,....We walked over to another pocket by some reeds thats usually productive and on his 2nd cast.....BAM!!!....i hear his line peeling and rod bending...this thing is fighting him crazy! fish starts heading towards the reeds and im over here being jame's cheerleader/hypeman at the same time in the back ground telling him to watch out and not get wrapped up in the reeds,..and yep....damn fish wrapped him up....damnit....fight paused.....james did some wierd tugging in different angles and all of a sudden the fight began again!....finally he was able to land this beast.....thought he had a record LMB and it ended up being a freaking CARP on a swimbait!!....and im not swirling the pic because of a freaking carp, this place hold nice LMB as well and i never post up on this location, but since its Fishstix 1st swimbait fish...i just had to so "no drama please":LOL: about swirling the pics.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00330-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00329-1-1.jpg
i ended up letting james keep the swimbait as a present, it was a must since it was his 1st swimbait fish:Cool: Congrats on the nice fish brutha, and mark my words that i will brainwash you into bass fishing:LOL: thats my goal even though it was a carp today..lol...

lalo56
01-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Where is the report? Reads more as a story. Thanks for sharing though.

JSAUCE818
01-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Where is the report? Reads more as a story. Thanks for sharing though.
:LOL: and it begins,...just cause i didnt give the location, doesnt mean its not a report,...i reported what it was caught on,.. which was a LA SLIDER SWIMBAIT, with a SWIMBAIT ROD, i also reported the amazing fight,..lol. i mentioned as much as i could except the location, do you want to know what color was the dirt to?...lol..im just saying..

lalo56
01-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Wish i could but work schedule doesnt allow it.

SpawnX14
01-07-2009, 08:42 PM
What program do you use to swirl your pics like that?

lalo56
01-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Photoshop does that.

cappo
01-07-2009, 08:45 PM
cool fish man. Jesse your getting too fancy on your sidekick homie. LOL.

Im gonna use my de-swirler tool in photoshop.

trail blazer
01-07-2009, 08:46 PM
carp pull HARD!!!!!!!!!!!
Must of been a blast

SkipperDick
01-07-2009, 08:51 PM
You are ultimate Ninja, very strong Kung Fu! How do you Ninja during the day? Just curious. And I totally respect you not revealing your "Ninja spot". I am an active Ninja also and don't reveal my spots either. WTG on the first swimbait fish also!! :Thumbs Up:

SkipperDick

sesgia
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
OMG that is one big carp and i'm still shock on a swimbait very strange

Sea Legs
01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
holy CARP thats a big fish:EyePop: nice catch!

smitty99
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Caught a 12 lb carb on a beetle-spin once fishing a stocktank on my uncle's ranch in Texas. Stock tanks are man-made ponds that the cattle drink from. Alot of people stock them with Crappie, Bass, and Catfish so they have their own personal fishing hole.

In Texas, many people view carp as a pest; they will catch and throw away. Very few people I ever knew actually eat them. Been out many times and seen people catching and throwing them up on the rocks for buzzard lunch. They are thought to eat the eggs of the "good gamefish" like Bass, Crappie, Catfish etc. I imagine its true because Carp will eat just about anything on the bottom.

We used to catch them off our dock for fun with a molasses/cottonseed meal & grain dough-bait. They suck that stuff up like crazy. Wonder how the Cali carp would like it. The big ones will tear your gear up, we never used our bass gear for Carp catching.

FISHSTIX
01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
ill be posting up this report per Fishstix cause he told me he was to busy and didnt have time to post it up today....

Fishstix(james) and i are usually partners in crime frome time to time. We havnt really hit the water together in a while ,...I been a great guide service to this guy,..lol..One of the last time we fished together i take him out and introduce him to drop shotting for hali's one of his 1st times and he nails a 30in. and a 32in. halibut in one day,."bastard!"...lol.its all him though, this guy got skills..:Cool:
So we talked earlier in the day during work and tells me he just bought a new swimbait reel and he wants to break it in, so i said...
"screw it lets do this":Twisted: I took him to this Ninja spot i go to for LMB. We did the old SanDiego mexican style technique and hopped the fence:Envious: and started walking to the spot, we are rigging at the same time and we are quite a ways already i open my WFO Waist pack to get my Hudd and there was nothing but my freakin trout gear!!:Angry: i could have sworn i brought it with me when we got out of the car,..i guess it was that hard short right hook to the head during yesterdays sparring session that still was affecting me:Confused::LOL: anyways, so we werent about to walk back...
I had an "L.A. SLIDER" swimbait but i had let james slap that on his rod....ehhh, didnt want to walk back to the car plus we were short on time. So i just kept walking pissed cause i had swimbait rod with trout gear in my waist pack:LOL:. Anyways get to the 1st pocket, james throws a couple of cast and nothing,....We walked over to another pocket by some reeds thats usually productive and on his 2nd cast.....BAM!!!....i hear his line peeling and rod bending...this thing is fighting him crazy! fish starts heading towards the reeds and im over here being jame's cheerleader/hypeman at the same time in the back ground telling him to watch out and not get wrapped up in the reeds,..and yep....damn fish wrapped him up....damnit....fight paused.....james did some wierd tugging in different angles and all of a sudden the fight began again!....finally he was able to land this beast.....thought he had a record LMB and it ended up being a freaking CARP on a swimbait!!....and im not swirling the pic because of a freaking carp, this place hold nice LMB as well and i never post up on this location, but since its Fishstix 1st swimbait fish...i just had to so "no drama please":LOL: about swirling the pics.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00330-1.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l165/jsauce818/IMG00329-1-1.jpg
i ended up letting james keep the swimbait as a present, it was a must since it was his 1st swimbait fish:Cool: Congrats on the nice fish brutha, and mark my words that i will brainwash you into bass fishing:LOL: thats my goal even though it was a carp today..lol...

....MY DAWG!!!,,that was some crazy ish huh?...the way that fish crashed the swimmie and took off, i would have bet the house that it was a huge lmb...and to our surprise:LOL:. It was funny how on the phone while driving there I was telling you what happend to me at another lake fishing for carp and then this..:ROFL::Cool: I think you got knocked around pretty good sparring the other day cuz you were too involed in that pack of gum you found in your car and forgot all about your hudd...lol...thanks for making the post homie and i'll see ya..looking forward to great times in '09:Beer Toast:

hippi
01-09-2009, 02:32 PM
wow nice fish!!!!!! too bad it wasnt a bass, but who cares big fish, nice fight, and first swimmy fish!

DarkShadow
01-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Nice fish! Must have been a hellavu fight.

What program do you use to swirl your pics like that?

The real question is what program you use to "unswirl" the pic.

In Photoshop, make a round marquee centered on the centerpoint of the twirled image, then full negative setting on the twirl filter.

Not that I'd blow up anybody's spot or anything. :Secret:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Carp or not...thats a freakin pig....congrats...those carp put up one helluva fight, Id say it probably goes 17-20 lbs hard to say for sure though...did ya weigh it ?

Congrats on that golden beast !

If all the carp ran that big I'd target those...

Salute !

P.S.
watch out for those guys using that malto meal decoder ring...they might start hitting your spot at night with corn and masa mix..

Gary

BIGRED KILLA
01-09-2009, 04:31 PM
WTG James thats a big *** carp that must have been a good fight.WTG Jesse for leaving the tackle at home we can always depend on you.lol Thanks for the pics and report

Bigred

Ifishtoolittle
01-09-2009, 11:45 PM
WOW! that's one big Carp, nice job!

Santa Fe Eric
01-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Nice Fish!
:Thumbs Up:

jim532
01-10-2009, 02:08 AM
After un-swirling the photo, I went to his ninja spot, no signs of life in the water, but I did find this huge cardboard cutout of a carp in the bushes.

crappiemike
01-10-2009, 09:16 AM
those are some thugs you got there!!
nice fish!!

cm

Senor Rambone
01-12-2009, 12:23 AM
HOly cRAP!!!! I meant carp

Lechuga
01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Oh WOW MAN! That picture is FAR OUT !

one_leg