PDA

View Full Version : LNL 1-7-09 Slow but nabbed a few

violenthelm
01-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Had to take a day off and hit LNL. I haven't fished in a few weeks and I had the itch. I took the float tube and two of my favorite rods (bubbas hotrods if you were wondering) and headed to my favorite tubing lake. I got there about 6:45. There were four other tubers, no boats and a few people on shore. Very light pressure. I jumped in at the launch ramp and paddled out in the flats for a bit. Very slow all around. I saw less than ten fish pulled up all day. I paddled out to the dam and back before I got my first one at 10:30 in the flats on a white and pink power mouse. I got another nice one at 11 on an inflated crawler. Some guy at the launch ramp had a big one about the same time but it came off right before they got the net on it. Bummer! I came in at 12:30 with two for the day. A 1 3/4 and a 2 3/4 lb. Got some pics after I got home with them. One was a pinky! They fought great and had full tails. Very fun fighting fish. Too bad there weren't more of them today.

Bradakas
01-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Nice, I always wanted to see a comparison of the pink to the white meat. By chance, do you remember what bait the pinky fish ate?

PureAle
01-07-2009, 07:31 PM
kool thanx for the report.

violenthelm
01-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Nice, I always wanted to see a comparison of the pink to the white meat. By chance, do you remember what bait the pinky fish ate?

Yes I do, it was a pink power worm with white Gulp PB. Powermouse. I soaked it in home made garlic/olive oil as always. The water was stained. I figured the stink oil would help. Some other guy used a orange power worm and hooked up. Its all about bright colors there, like I said, water isn't too clear.