PDA

View Full Version : DVL Plug testing....Not WFO!

SoCalGuy7
01-07-2009, 06:03 PM
I went to DVL this morning with my Father in Law, got there at 5:00 am, First car in line can you believe it!

It was about 39 degrees, and the gate opener sat in front of the gate for 10 minutes, to open exactly at 7:00 am, seriously he couldn't have opened it so we were paying at 7:00 am ?

We rented a toon and met FishTacosmmm and started out trolling, it was already sunny. Not even 5 minutes into the troll, Taco hooks up, 2 lb LMB....Good sign?

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/SoCalGuy7/Diamond%20Valley%20Lake%201-7-09/DSC09118.jpg

Well we trolled around and it was beginning to look like a slow day, a few hours later Taco hooks up again on the troll. Nice 5-6lb LMB....

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/SoCalGuy7/Diamond%20Valley%20Lake%201-7-09/DSC09119.jpg

Well, the sun was out in full force and the fish went deep. We spent the rest of the day Testing our new Plug. It was working great even on the troll.

Fishtacosmmm, how did you like the plug?

Dropped Taco off at around noon so he could sleep. And most of the rest of the day was spent testing the plug!

Great weather, fishing was very slow. We talked to alot of people at the marina and they said the same thing, one guy said they metered lots of fish but nothing would bite..... Full moon ? Too Sunny? DVL opens too late? Probably all three!

Pictures of the crew!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/SoCalGuy7/Diamond%20Valley%20Lake%201-7-09/DSC09120.jpg

Team Monster

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/SoCalGuy7/Diamond%20Valley%20Lake%201-7-09/DSC09123.jpg

And low water pic, rock quarry channel!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/SoCalGuy7/Diamond%20Valley%20Lake%201-7-09/DSC09125.jpg

Thank you Jim and Fishtacosmmm for a great day out!
Taco PM me your number!

Oh yeah, I met a guy named Charlie (really cool guy)that was behind us in line....He looks on here...some and he needs to become a member...Yeah buddy, I'm callin you out...:ROFL:

SCG7

one_leg
01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
You mean you can still get boats into the BOWL at the Borrows area?

I figured it would be high and dry a long time ago!!!

Nice pics, but your report could use a lot more trout photos.

:Angry:

:Wink:

:ROFL:

SoCalGuy7
01-07-2009, 06:24 PM
You mean you can still get boats into the BOWL at the Borrows area?

I figured it would be high and dry a long time ago!!!

Nice pics, but your report could use a lot more trout photos.

:Angry:

:Wink:

:ROFL:

You'll have to just look at the avatar....:ROFL:

The bowl is still deep and so is the channel to get to it!

one_leg
01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
I know some people that found the high spots in that channel last year and they were about 17' deep. Did those fish come on the troll using the plugs that you and your father-in-law manufactured?

snag
01-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah it's kind of funny about the gate getting opened.

Let me guess...He drove out the gate, down the road, turned the corner, then came back traveling at idle speed, waited for his buddy to come and allowed him to enter first, then opened the gate for everyone else.

Happens almost everytime...LOL.

Thanks for the report and glad you you beat the skunk.

RamboBoy
01-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Nice report, SoCalGuy7! It was good to have your father-in-law enjoyed fishing!

That is the most Large Mouth Bass are biting now in d.v.l. Hope the striper will be back in March 2009. My goal is to catch 36lb striper, lol.

fishindude420
01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
hey i thought that was you i saw at the tackleshop there today. glad to see someone caught some fish. fishin SUCKED today. me and my 2 buddys got skunked. i only got 1 hit in the morning on my hud and hooked one fish at the end of the day pushing 7 pounds on the hud but it spit it out :(

SoCalGuy7
01-07-2009, 07:20 PM
I know some people that found the high spots in that channel last year and they were about 17' deep. Did those fish come on the troll using the plugs that you and your father-in-law manufactured?

Nah, but soon, my brother......:Wink:

fishntime
01-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Great pics! Nothing like enjoying a great day on the lake.

matt duarte
01-08-2009, 02:26 PM
nice dude at least you guys found some fish! Good to see you testing you baits dude! Im still in dire need for a airbrush setup...so my baits are just sitting:( i want to get them on the water so bad.. Keep tossin it dude youll get bit sooner than later!

SoCalGuy7
01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
nice dude at least you guys found some fish! Good to see you testing you baits dude! Im still in dire need for a airbrush setup...so my baits are just sitting:( i want to get them on the water so bad.. Keep tossin it dude youll get bit sooner than later!

Thanks Matt, I'm on a mission....:Wink:

dodoman
01-08-2009, 07:43 PM
cool pics and report socal.

your plug swims great, i see a future d.v.l. record with your plug.
good luck out there.

fishtacosmmm
01-10-2009, 08:33 PM
It was a cool day to be at the lake
my buddy Lee reports stripers on the surface, but not big
a school around 4 punders chase small shad around
were's my small castmasters?

BingJr
01-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Schooling 4lbrs on the surface can be the most fun day you can have on a lake. Reminds me of days of yore on Lake Mead!