PDA

View Full Version : parks with trouts

castaguey
01-07-2009, 04:55 PM
in the DFG page it says that that in the week of 1/04/09 these lakes will be stocked:castaic,el dorado,hansen,legg lake, peck road,puddingstone and santa fe dam. ive called all of these places and the people that work there dont know when it was stocked. does anybody know if or when they will be stocked? i hope SOMEBODY knows i keep trying the DFG but i always get a busy signal!

fish4keep
01-07-2009, 05:30 PM
If you don't already know by now, DFG wont give specific date when they stock them but if you keep trying those stocked offices, they will tell you if they stock the lake or not. If they don't know, then that usually mean they haven't or they weren't there when DFG stocked it........

smokinflies
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
in the DFG page it says that that in the week of 1/04/09 these lakes will be stocked:castaic,el dorado,hansen,legg lake, peck road,puddingstone and santa fe dam. ive called all of these places and the people that work there dont know when it was stocked. does anybody know if or when they will be stocked? i hope SOMEBODY knows i keep trying the DFG but i always get a busy signal!

DFG won't tell you the exact day, only the week of the stocking. Your best bet is to hit the lakes up on Fridays.

I'll be hitting up Legg Lake early tomorrow morning to check it out, and then head out to SFD and/or Peck Pit if anyone wants to join in on the fun. :Cool:

P.S. Be sure to bring your fishing license.

GET DA NET
01-07-2009, 05:48 PM

the people that answer the phone at Santa fe dam are always up to date with stocking dates.

old pudd fisher
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Good luck with the DFG. Still waiting for the Pudd to be stocked they said this week. I still need to catch my first trout this season, but I should hit some other fishin holes and not just the Pudd.

sgtskunk
01-07-2009, 05:55 PM
yes take your license, I was at Santa fe dam on Monday just to try out my new rod and got checked 1st time in my life wardens were cool and had not seen the new license yet so they were checking it out. theres a lot of floating grass right now so every cast I pulled some in no fish but they were going to stock today I think. I was there the last time they stocked and killed it with panther martins and rooster tails the guy next to me was not happy because I was not keeping the fish he was using pb and it was not working I offered to let him use my stuff but he was in a bad mood. oh well good luck I'll be at santa fe dam around 1:00pm tomarrow just to check it out.

Bradakas
01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
I'll be at my usual spot at el dorado on friday with another buddy of mine. Then I'll prob be there sat and sunday too. Anyone else gonna check it out?

I usually go for cats at el dorado and do pretty well. This will be my first time in couple of years going for trout.

smokinflies
01-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I was there the last time they stocked and killed it with panther martins and rooster tails the guy next to me was not happy because I was not keeping the fish

I love when that happens.:Cool:

Maybe I'll see you there.

karlow
01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I was at Santa fey Dam on Sunday.
No sign of anyone catching anything!
I was riding my bike. I'm not sure people catch fish in that hole, but it's a nice ride!

Kp

Dan_the_Man
01-07-2009, 10:56 PM
but I should hit some other fishin holes and not just the Pudd.

Go To Prado and they will come !