PDA

View Full Version : Eisenhower Poacher 01/07/2009

JD1174
01-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I went to Eisenhower today, during my lunch break, to relax and take walk around the lake. Looking accross the lake, I saw this guy with a big bendo. I 've seen this man fishing here several times before.

He landed a largemouth bass about 4 lbs and proceed to put it in his cooler. I walked over and pretended that I didn't see the whole thing. I asked him if he has caught anything. He lied, saying: " a small catfish". So I said: " I saw you put that bass in the cooler, let him go man. Do the right thing, you can't keep a bass here."

He just stared accross the lake and ignored me so I said: " You don't even have a license, I am calling DFG right now".

He then picked up his stuff and started leaving, pulling his cart with the cooler that contains the bass. I followed him all the way to the parking lot, telling him to let the bass go. He tried to bullshit about let's just get along. There was another fisherman there throwing crankbait for bass, he helped me stayed cool.

Anyway, this poacher is a black man in his late sixties or seventies. He's about 6'2 or a little taller. He usually pull his stuff in a two wheel cart. He pulled out of the parking lot in a small black GMC truck with a black shell. If you fish Eisenhower often, you probadly have seen him. It you see him out there, let him know what an ******* he is.

richaaron
01-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Did you happen to see what he caught it on...?

DKCbassman
01-07-2009, 02:51 PM
He uses Live Trout. Goldfish and BlueGill during the off season. He's been dealt with before and that's probably why he left. He was FORCED to release a fish last year. Just get plates and turn him in. DFG Dave will love it. (That's the DFG guy in that area).

DCCTrouserTrout
01-07-2009, 03:27 PM
His knee caps need to be shot at while he is blind-folded... ha ha But seriously, that does suck. Should of threw his whole cooler in the water

gavin310
01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Nice job getting all the pertinent info and keeping your cool. Hopefully that bass will cost him a lot of money in the near future.

ronniek524
01-07-2009, 04:40 PM
JUST call Next time, don't ask :)... if he tries to leave, get his license plate number and give it to dfg :)

shy_boxer
01-07-2009, 04:59 PM
WTG JD1174! Next time just call DFG. Don't warn the guy...so he doesn't leave until DFG gets there. Or like the others say get his license plate number and give it to DFG. Good job mang.

HBJapo
01-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Greaty job, thanks for being our eyes and ears. Karma will get him!

Japo :Envious:

calico killer kevin
01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Yep, seen him before.
He was throwing a big popper last time I saw him.
Good thing he didn't catch anything.

Sierra_Smitty
01-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Next time call DFG first and then screw with the guy so the warden has time to get there and regulate. Also, if he bails make sure to get his license plate number, description of clothing etc. and give it to the DFG - they will look for the guy and pull him over on the road if they find him.

smokinflies
01-07-2009, 05:23 PM
JUST call Next time, don't ask :)... if he tries to leave, get his license plate number and give it to dfg :)

Your better off calling the local police then the DFG. The cops will respond faster then the DFG.

Good job on protecting your local fishing hole.:Envious::Cool:

GET DA NET
01-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Next time call DFG first and then screw with the guy so the warden has time to get there and regulate. Also, if he bails make sure to get his license plate number, description of clothing etc. and give it to the DFG - they will look for the guy and pull him over on the road if they find him.

I think thats the best approach for the situation.

one_leg
01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Where is Stormcrow when you really need him?

I heard that Stormcrow has taken poachers fishing gear, pushed them in the lake, and then sold the gear he confiscated to a local pawn shop!!!

Stormcrow is about 6'7" tall and weighs about 275 and he can really kick butt on poachers.

Ifishtoolittle
01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Did you check to see if he had a license?

jbassc
01-07-2009, 06:28 PM
You should be happy you only have one poacher not like legg lake were you have hundreds of poachers.

jbassc
01-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Your better off calling the local police then the DFG. The cops will respond faster then the DFG.

Good job on protecting your local fishing hole.:Envious::Cool:

The local police are ignorant they dont know nothing when it comes to any dfg laws for example the cops from legg lake you tell them that people are using trout for bait and they say QUOTE;is that illegal i really cant do anything as longest he has a license i cant do anything.I cant even count how many times we talked to the cops at legg about poachers during the years and they only did something about it once.

smokinflies
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
You should be happy you only have one poacher not like legg lake were you have hundreds of poachers.

:ROFL::Angry::Angry::Angry::Crying:

So true!!!

mx4life
01-08-2009, 01:12 AM
I know that guy! Never seen him catch a bass before, interisting! Just another eisenhower poacher. As of the past couple years that lake is just on a downward spiral! DFG has been screwing it on plants too.

WJC71
01-08-2009, 04:49 AM
So, you can't keep Bass at this lake?

fish4keep
01-08-2009, 11:25 AM
So, you can't keep Bass at this lake?

It's not really the keeping. Well in a way it is too but he had no 09 license (if he does, it wasn't visible to my understanding of the original post)......

JaSerio Bait
01-08-2009, 12:15 PM
as for the local cops at legg thats to bad but I live within walking dist. to the BIG easy and I have seen a # of cops checking license' and even writing tickets so I would defintly recommend call orange pd # 1714-744-7444 tell them the sit. and include the facts ......i.e no license, description .......and Im sure he will get busted ........either way with all the eyes on this board and out at our local fishing holes Im sure this guy gets put someone else' cooler!
Fish ON! x>~JaSerio

Frenchy
01-08-2009, 06:13 PM
tht douche was dropshottin on the rocks by the water fall and i gave him a rash of sh*t and no he did not have a fishing liscence caught two ryte in front of him

jerryG
01-08-2009, 11:51 PM

Last season was a poacher convention at Legg.. At least the local cops stepped it up a little bit towards the end. Too bad the enforcement effort was too little too late to save the bass fishery. JbassC, Porkchop, myself, and several others were calling Caltip everyday to report the problem. Providing descriptions, locations, license plate numbers, and vehicle information. If we would have waited for the DFG to get there we would still be out there waiting right now 8 months later. I'm not saying it's a bad idea to Call Caltip to report the issue but local police should be the first call you make. They will usually have a unit out there with in 10 to 15 minutes.

JerryG