PDA

View Full Version : Huh?

fishndrinknsmokin
01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I just got back from a quick trip to the Vine and something happened that I didn't understand......didn't happen to me but I did see it happen so I'm hoping that someone can help me understand. It was a short day there for me and as I was cleaning up, a truck that was coming back from the flats stopped and said he was told by someone in a boat (patrol boat, I assume) that he couldn't shore fish from the Flats and only boats were allowed in the area. He was told if he didn't leave that the cops would be called and they would be arrested for trespassing. I told him that I shore fished the flats before and had never heard that and suggested he go to the front to clear it up....and that is exactly where he was going. 200 yards down the road his path was suddenly blocked by a Police SUV and they were being "detained". I tried to get a little info and told the cops that I had fished the flats before and was never told that the section was closed off (not to mention the road was open) but they were not interested in anything I had to say since I wasn't a party to the complaint so I left.

Now I don't know if this guy mouthed off to security to make them call the cops but calling the cops did seem a bit extreme but my real question and confusion is.........is Santiago Flats closed to shore fishermen now and if so, how are we supposed to know that as no information was provided when I bought my pass? This isn't a complaint but rather an open question because I do like to follow the rules but it's difficult if you don't know what they are. Not looking to point fingers at who was right or wrong but just looking to get the information needed to fish peacefully.

GET DA NET
01-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I just got back from a quick trip to the Vine and something happened that I didn't understand......didn't happen to me but I did see it happen so I'm hoping that someone can help me understand. It was a short day there for me and as I was cleaning up, a truck that was coming back from the flats stopped and said he was told by someone in a boat (patrol boat, I assume) that he couldn't shore fish from the Flats and only boats were allowed in the area. He was told if he didn't leave that the cops would be called and they would be arrested for trespassing. I told him that I shore fished the flats before and had never heard that and suggested he go to the front to clear it up....and that is exactly where he was going. 200 yards down the road his path was suddenly blocked by a Police SUV and they were being "detained". I tried to get a little info and told the cops that I had fished the flats before and was never told that the section was closed off (not to mention the road was open) but they were not interested in anything I had to say since I wasn't a party to the complaint so I left.

Now I don't know if this guy mouthed off to security to make them call the cops but calling the cops did seem a bit extreme but my real question and confusion is.........is Santiago Flats closed to shore fishermen now and if so, how are we supposed to know that as no information was provided when I bought my pass? This isn't a complaint but rather an open question because I do like to follow the rules but it's difficult if you don't know what they are. Not looking to point fingers at who was right or wrong but just looking to get the information needed to fish peacefully.

Am sure theres a lot more to this story..........

MAVERICK27
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Great question and great way to ask it. You are very tactful. I can tell you from experience that nobody is calling the cops unless there is a serious problem. I can also tell you that no Police Agency will respond for something that simple. There is much more to this story. My guess is that guy was way way unruly. I have seen people mouth off before and still not get the cops called. He must have left the staff with no choice...OR maybe it wasn't the staff that called....hmmmm

Thanks for sharing and I eagerly await the Vine's response. Mayber you should bring this thread to Vineline or Vineassist's attention via PM

HEMAN
01-07-2009, 02:30 PM
did they guy have his pass? maybe he was trespassing? bad ninja skills?

fishndrinknsmokin
01-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Good suggestion Mav and PM sent to Vineline.

And yes, I'm sure there is much more to it then the short story I got from the guy's in the truck. I did suspect at first that it may have been someone a bit jealous and not Irvine staff since they had hooked up a few nice fish on what seemed like a slow day (5 fish, one looking close to being a DD) but when the cops did show I assumed that it was staff and that maybe there had been a bit of trouble.

I'm sure it will all get cleared up by Vineline and should have sent a PM before posting the thread.

Tight Lines!!

FISHSTIX
01-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Am sure theres a lot more to this story..........

:Confused:...there has to be

goodguy
01-07-2009, 02:35 PM
There's more to this story... Maybe he was smoking something or doing something he wasn't supposed to etc??? I can't imagine he was just chillin minding his own fishing business and was detained...

fishndrinknsmokin
01-07-2009, 02:35 PM
did they guy have his pass? maybe he was trespassing? bad ninja skills?

:LOL: No I'm pretty sure that I saw both guy's with passes. I thought I saw them showing them to the police as I was leaving.

GET DA NET
01-07-2009, 02:37 PM
There's more to this story... Maybe he was smoking something or doing something he wasn't supposed to etc??? I can't imagine he was just chillin minding his own fishing business and was detained...

thats the first thing that came to my mind............

Mondo21
01-07-2009, 02:42 PM
Great question and great way to ask it. You are very tactful. I can tell you from experience that nobody is calling the cops unless there is a serious problem. I can also tell you that no Police Agency will respond for something that simple. There is much more to this story. My guess is that guy was way way unruly. I have seen people mouth off before and still not get the cops called. He must have left the staff with no choice...OR maybe it wasn't the staff that called....hmmmm

Thanks for sharing and I eagerly await the Vine's response. Mayber you should bring this thread to Vineline or Vineassist's attention via PM

if he does a PM we won't get the scoop:Shocked: I want the scoop!!!:Confused::Razz: Cindy

SiouxK
01-07-2009, 02:48 PM
if he does a PM we won't get the scoop:Shocked: I want the scoop!!!:Confused::Razz: Cindy

We all want the scoop now.

Sue
01-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Daniela and Jimmy are out of town until tonight. Maybe Patrick knows?

FISHSTIX
01-07-2009, 02:51 PM
............:whistle:

Mondo21
01-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Daniela and Jimmy are out of town until tonight. Maybe Patrick knows?

Patrick maybe off today, I hope not! I want the scoop!!!:Angry::ROFL: Cindy:Big Grin:

Mondo21
01-07-2009, 03:04 PM
............:whistle:

You know you want the scoop too FishStix!:ROFL:

gavin310
01-07-2009, 03:43 PM
I bet nobody called them, they probably just wanted some free fishing :Twisted: "Alright boys we got the flats to ourselves!"

Rooster
01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
http://www.ottiesdesigns.com/payback%20fish.jpg

olfishergal
01-07-2009, 04:56 PM
If he drove his truck to the back side where the trees are then he was tresspassing and the cops could and would be called by the property owners........That would be my guess......

troutdog
01-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Whatever those guys were doing to push it to the point that the police had to be called, would definitely fall into the "not cool bro" category!

"move along folks, nothing to see here..."

:LOL:

Hope to see you on the 17th,

TD

Rooster
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I found out what happend. PM Troutdog for the scoop >
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/private.php?do=newpm&u=20587

troutdog
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I found out what happend. PM Troutdog for the scoop >
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/private.php?do=newpm&u=20587

:ROFL:I was wondering why I had so many PMs about this :ROFL:

I seriously have no idea what happend, I've been dealing with the drama of my daughter's cracked tooth this afternoon.....sorry guys.

TD

SiouxK
01-07-2009, 08:42 PM
:ROFL:I was wondering why I had so many PMs about this :ROFL:

I seriously have no idea what happend, I've been dealing with the drama of my daughter's cracked tooth this afternoon.....sorry guys.

TD

You have been punked Bro :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

troutdog
01-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Revenge is oh so sweet my dear SiouxK :Wink:

TD

SiouxK
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Revenge is oh so sweet my dear SiouxK :Wink:

TD

Why yes it is :Dancing Banana:

BaseBallBat
01-07-2009, 09:53 PM
PM sent ! lmaoo !

saintarv
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey FDS how did you do anyway?

Another questions is why is Patrick staying away from the thread:???::Secret:

Rooster
01-07-2009, 10:38 PM
OMG i can't stop laughin.. TD .. Your a great sport bro.. I owe ya bro :ROFL:

trollmiester
01-08-2009, 07:22 AM
see everybody on the 17th its going to be a blast

fishndrinknsmokin
01-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Hey FDS how did you do anyway?

Another questions is why is Patrick staying away from the thread:???::Secret:

I got skunked but came late and left early so didn't expect to much. By the time I got in Trout Island was packed and I had hurt my knee so I wasn't doing any hiking to the west shore where there was plenty of room to fish. Talked to a few people and not many people catching fish on the shore.....except the guy's that the po-po stopped.

Ladyfish
01-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Maybe it was the cricket police!!! :ROFL:

vineline
01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone,

So let me tell you what happened in the Flats so that there is no confusion.
At the end of the Flats there is a cable that runs across the road. In case you don't know, that cable means there are no vehicles allowed beyond that point. We have posted signs many times but people tear them down or sometimes heavy winds blow the signs down. We are putting new ones up as I type this.

Fishing that East shoreline and hiking back is absolutely okay to do. Driving your car back there is a no, no.

There were a few cars that went beyond the cable. The patrolman on duty asked the owners to please park their vehicles on the Irvine Lake side of the cable. All of them cooperated except one guy that refused to move his car. He not only refused, he dared us to call the police, so we obliged him.

Thats the story.

So, please remember that fishing the East shore is fine as long as you hike in. Vehicles are strictly prohibited.

Thank you,
Vineline

Sue
01-08-2009, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Daniela!

We're a nosy bunch and like a bit of gossip :ROFL:

fishndrinknsmokin
01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Thank you Vineline! I'm glad to know that I can fish that area since there is a lot of shore area there and things can get tight at the Vine at times. I was confused as I had fished there several times and never had a problem but also had never explored that far back in the flats. Good info to know and shows why you never listen to just one side of the story.

Weekend is here so let's all get tight and wet this weekend!! Lines, people, lines......I'm talking about lines!

CASTAWAY
01-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for sharing FDS. Maybe a full stringer next time for you..... Try N/C...... or orange powerbait with garlic dips...... :Thumbs Up:

MAVERICK27
01-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Awesome!!! Well played!!! Thanks for the update!!! You guys rock..This weekend, I'm gonna HALO in with my face painted and ten rods to fish with while I camouflage it ALL with Camo netting.....or i'll launch my boat and troll :)

Mondo21
01-08-2009, 12:55 PM
I was hoping it juicer... Maybe like a fugitive.:Shocked::Death2Above::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Thanks Vineline! Cindy:Big Grin:

saintarv
01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for sharing FDS. Maybe a full stringer next time for you..... Try N/C...... or orange powerbait with garlic dips...... :Thumbs Up:

Listen to Casty. He's an expert when it comes to fishing at the Vine.:ROFL:

Sue
01-08-2009, 03:22 PM

That just made me snort a little bit of soda out of my nose :ROFL:

olfishergal
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
That just made me snort a little bit of soda out of my nose :ROFL:

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: seeeeeeee I told u someone was tresspassing........no cars back there allowed.....hike, boat those shores...no cars. A hole got what he deserved.......OFG

Love yah Casty!!!

sgtskunk
01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I was hoping it juicer... Maybe like a fugitive.:Shocked::Death2Above::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Thanks Vineline! Cindy:Big Grin:

I'm with mondo21, I was hoping to see it on unsolved mysteries as an update to a 20 year old crime oh well. maybe next time I did see bigfoot back there last week sorry no pic the UFO's took my camera

CASTAWAY
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM

Laughing out loud! Saint, you know I'm the MASTER!http://mail.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif

Luv ya Chrissy!!!
You 2 Sue!!!

Troutman65
01-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Awesome!!! Well played!!! Thanks for the update!!! You guys rock..This weekend, I'm gonna HALO in with my face painted and ten rods to fish with while I camouflage it ALL with Camo netting.....or i'll launch my boat and troll :)

Hey Mav., When you pop your chute I'll be there waiting.:LOL::Wink::Envious::Cool:

fishincrave
01-08-2009, 10:26 PM
hey mav., when you pop your chute i'll be there waiting.:lol::wink::envious::cool:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Mondo21
01-08-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm with mondo21, I was hoping to see it on unsolved mysteries as an update to a 20 year old crime oh well. maybe next time I did see bigfoot back there last week sorry no pic the UFO's took my camera

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: Funny stuff. Cindy

Mondo21
01-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Hey Mav., When you pop your chute I'll be there waiting.:LOL::Wink::Envious::Cool:

Get um Patrick!!! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

WARRIORMIKE
01-08-2009, 11:48 PM
bad boys,bad boys,watcha gonna dooo, watcha gonna do when they come for you

MAVERICK27
01-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Damn it Patrick!!! Now I have to low-crawl the whole way with a drag-bag full of rods ;) See ya this weekend!

Troutman65
01-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Damn it Patrick!!! Now I have to low-crawl the whole way with a drag-bag full of rods ;) See ya this weekend!

Marine Snipers are the best. :Big Grin: See you at the lake.

Hitts0n
01-10-2009, 10:24 AM

LMA000 !! :EyePop::EyePop: :ROFL::ROFL: :Sissy Fight::Sissy Fight:

WTF !!

Troutman65
01-10-2009, 07:48 PM
hittsON, You have no clue about the US. Armed Forces. I come from a long line of US. Marine Corps. I take pride in my brothers in arms & my country.:mad:

NOT COOL BRO !!!!!

one_leg
01-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Chute Poppers...........:ROFL: