PDA

View Full Version : 91 & 15 fwy

LunkerLover
01-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Weird question I know ...

Here's the deal ... I'm a dude lookin for an "after work" spot to fish. I'm a teacher and get off around 3:30 daily. I AVIDLY do a mix of shore fishing and float tubing... Skinner, DVL, Jenks, Perris, NPH, yadda yadda yadda.

I live close to 91/15 interchange and would LOVE some advice on the closest place/s to hit-up after-work for LMB, trout, striper ... I am 100% C & R and would gladly supply some chilly brews to a dude that could help me.

Just a local spot to chill for an hour or so on the way home ... ya feel me?

--Ryan:Cool:

HEMAN
01-07-2009, 12:22 AM
you live by thee 91/15, but where do you work at? i think that would give a good reference.

LunkerLover
01-07-2009, 07:34 AM
you live by thee 91/15, but where do you work at? i think that would give a good reference. I work in Norco, off of the 15 fwy and 6th street ... live off of the 91 and McKinley ... ANY lake ... body of water ... park, etc. ...from ANYone ... would be appreciated ... :Envious:

FISHNFOOL9
01-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Somewhere that is free or a pay lake?

Pay lakes, Prado, Corona. Both of these are going to be the closest.

Free, good luck with anywhere "close". You can always Ninja the local golf course's after dark.

There are others but you will have to drive 1/2 hour or so(traffic)

matt duarte
01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
theres some kind of navy base in norco off of 2nd street i think... On google earth i saw theres a big pond or small lake by it... Havent checked it out yet but ive wanted to for a while...might be worth it to check out..

sonarbp
01-07-2009, 09:02 AM
theres some kind of navy base in norco off of 2nd street i think... On google earth i saw theres a big pond or small lake by it... Havent checked it out yet but ive wanted to for a while...might be worth it to check out..

That Navy base does have a nice lake on it with tons of fat LMB......the only problem is you have to have an invite to fish it!!! If you try and ninja that spot don't be suprised to greeted by the MP's!

HEMAN
01-07-2009, 09:50 AM
I work in Norco, off of the 15 fwy and 6th street ... live off of the 91 and McKinley ... ANY lake ... body of water ... park, etc. ...from ANYone ... would be appreciated ... :Envious:

not sure if i'm taking it out of context.. but
wtf dude? just asking where you worked at, so it would be easier to find a lake on your way home, instead of just near home. Not everyone has the luxury of working close to home.

personally i cant think of any lakes that are close and free... guasti? fairmount? perris? not quite free but cheaper than Corona.

FISHNFOOL9
01-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey Matt, here is the answer i got back from the people that run the lake you are talking about. It is called LAKE NARCONIAN.

"Sorry Brian, no fishing except for those who work on the Naval Base. Fishing, horseback
riding and picnic areas are just a few of the benefits that could be shared by all Norconians
if the property was returned to Norco. And that is just for starters!
We need for people to get involved in the process......so take a look at our web site.
www.lakenorconianclub.org

Thank you for the inquiry and I hope to see you soon at one of the activities or meetings.

Su Bacon"

Ninja time on a Naval base? :ROFL: NOT ME!!!
Ok guys, who knows someone, who knows someone's bother, whos sister is dating someone who works there and can get us in?

matt duarte
01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
hahaha damn that sux... Well i dont think id be to afraid to ninja it... I ninja fish lake matthews sometimes and getting caught there can be 500$fine or up to 6months in jail...so far so good haha... It would defently be a lil scary at the navy base but im sure it can be done... Or u can always join the navy lol

Nessie Hunter
01-07-2009, 12:31 PM
That Norco base is a Naval **Weapons Center**
Dont know for sure, but think they work on guidance systems?? Could be way off on that???

Night time, dressed in Ninja dark clothing, slinking around a High Security Naval Weapons Base...
Rod could easily be mistaken for a Rifle!!!!

Not me, no way..................

LunkerLover; Shoot Stormcrow (Jason) a PM... He teaches also, and lives right there to.....................

Tell him his Daddy said it was OK..... :ROFL:

Manny
01-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Lunker, shoot me a pm and I will HOOK U UP!!!! I get you in to the private lake and you school me a bit on catching LMB. Fair deal? You and I are neighbors.

LunkerLover
01-07-2009, 03:24 PM
not sure if i'm taking it out of context.. but
wtf dude? just asking where you worked at, so it would be easier to find a lake on your way home, instead of just near home. Not everyone has the luxury of working close to home.

personally i cant think of any lakes that are close and free... guasti? fairmount? perris? not quite free but cheaper than Corona. DUDE. I WAS IN NO WAY BEING AN ***. I READ AND RE-READ MY COMMENT OVER AND OVER AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW I CAME OFF AS AN ***. WAS IT THE :Envious: FACE? I THOUGHT IT WAS A BIG SMILE. I WAS HONESTLY ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION. I LIVE OFF OF MCKINLEY AND WORK OFF OF 6TH STREET. SORRY BOUT THE MISUNDERSTANDING ...

Fisher-Fly
01-07-2009, 04:36 PM
No! Not Mathews. My brother ninja fished it a few time and finally got caught. He said, he thought about running for it when they finally caught him because the security guy looked out of shape and probably could not out run him. He use to run track at school so he was going to sprint out of there. He changed his mind when they got out the rotty k-9
They took all his gear and gave him a fine of $750.00 This is probably getting of the subject.
91 &15 fwy is probably perfect place to go to all the lake. You pretty much have all the lakes covered already.

bigblant
01-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Not sure how far ya wanna drive but there is a quarry at the NE corner of the 15 and 60 (google it and you'll see). I think the name of the street I park on is Philadelphia, just off of Milliken. There are nice LMB and cats in there. The fence around it is fallen down on the E side at the train tracks.
If anyone in the area is going to be hitting anyplace up let me know, I am always looking for new places or those with access to private lakes.

ThemBastards
01-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Elsinore is pretty close

dropshot
01-09-2009, 04:59 AM
do u know were corona dump is ......dawson cayon.....there was a little lake and a big lake....there is not much left of the big one.... but little one has goten bigger lmb , catfish, trout, carp, and so no...the land is owned by southwest or somthing like that...i have said to much already...just followthe stream up....good luck.....dont tell anybody..ha ha ha

dropshot
01-09-2009, 05:04 AM
o I forgot to tell u, I'm the fat mexican in the white van

basssturd
01-09-2009, 05:28 AM
heyjackass!!! what r u doing givin out that info? just kiddin let go to perris call me at home

LunkerLover
01-09-2009, 07:51 AM
o I forgot to tell u, I'm the fat mexican in the white van

I'm there ... ALL C&R of course ... I'll have come CHILLY tall-boys sittin on ice for your gullet....

thanks!!