PDA

View Full Version : Legg 1-6-09

shy_boxer
01-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I was curious to see if DFG actually stocked this lake this week. So I grabbed my two trout rods and my daughter for a quick morning session at el Legg.

Didn't see too many anglers today. So I thought to myself "dayam they didnt stock yet". Oh well time on the water with my kid was rewarding enough.

My daughter threw out some bubblegum powerbait...she really liked the color. I stuck to old faithful an inflated N/C. Some 20 minutes later my bobber starts to get jiggy wid it. I grabbed the rod and set the hook....fish on...baby! Called my daughter and gave her the rod to play a little tug of war with the fish. To my amazement in comes a 12" rainbow trout. I gently catch and release the trout and informed my daughter the ethics of catch and release. She understood and waved good bye to her catch.
Rebaited and 20 minutes later...my bobber slowly moves again. I set the hook...fish on...gave my rod to my daughter and she reels in another trout. This one was tiny probably about 6" or so my daughter turns to me and says "daddy this one is a baby we need to let it go." My heart sank as I was proud of my lil one.

After another 20 minutes grandma calls and tells us she wanted to have lunch. We packed it up and drove home for our luncheon with grandma and grandpa. Thanks for the read. Tight lines.

DFG stocked so go get'em!

lilmystery246
01-06-2009, 07:56 PM
I was curious to see if DFG actually stocked this lake this week. So I grabbed my two trout rods and my daughter for a quick morning session at el Legg.

Didn't see too many anglers today. So I thought to myself "dayam they didnt stock yet". Oh well time on the water with my kid was rewarding enough.

My daughter threw out some bubblegum powerbait...she really liked the color. I stuck to old faithful an inflated N/C. Some 20 minutes later my bobber starts to get jiggy wid it. I grabbed the rod and set the hook....fish on...baby! Called my daughter and gave her the rod to play a little tug of war with the fish. To my amazement in comes a 12" rainbow trout. I gently catch and release the trout and informed my daughter the ethics of catch and release. She understood and waved good bye to her catch.
Rebaited and 20 minutes later...my bobber slowly moves again. I set the hook...fish on...gave my rod to my daughter and she reels in another trout. This one was tiny probably about 6" or so my daughter turns to me and says "daddy this one is a baby we need to let it go." My heart sank as I was proud of my lil one.

After another 20 minutes grandma calls and tells us she wanted to have lunch. We packed it up and drove home for our luncheon with grandma and grandpa. Thanks for the read. Tight lines.

DFG stocked so go get'em!

thanks for the advice im going tommorow =]

smokinflies
01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Great job out at the leggs. :Envious::Envious:

Ifishtoolittle
01-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Way go man! :Thumbs Up:

troutdog
01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
That is a great post right there, thanks for sharing the moment Shy Boxer. Keep up the good work.

TD

old pudd fisher
01-06-2009, 09:27 PM
It sounds like a good one to me.

E.A.R.G.
01-07-2009, 08:55 AM
hmmmmmmm
are you sure you just weren't super lucky to catch last stockings trout?

shy_boxer
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all the kind replies..

I dunno if I caught last stockings trout or this weeks stocking. All I know we caught 2 in 40 minutes. The trout were perfect size for a lmbass to swallow.

Try fishing the big lake..I believe lake #1.

JSAUCE818
01-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for all the kind replies..

I dunno if I caught last stockings trout or this weeks stocking. All I know we caught 2 in 40 minutes. The trout were perfect size for a lmbass to swallow.

Try fishing the big lake..I believe lake #1.
sweet! way to get the lil one on some fishing!....damn i was wondering what the hell happend to you?...i was about to post your pic behind milk carton boxes...good to see your still breathing mang..lol...lets hit the water one of these days./

ronniek524
01-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Thnx Shy... WTG on the trout! I can't wait to start taking my daughters to fish too. Too bad they are too young still. I really apreciatte for sharring the info :)... now where is my swimbait lures :P!

Manny
01-07-2009, 03:53 PM
thanks for the advice im going tommorow =]
Watch out....here comes another post with pics of trout on the tile :ROFL:

smokinflies
01-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Watch out....here comes another post with pics of trout on the tile :ROFL:

:ROFL:

I can't wait!!!

Troutman65
01-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Nice going Steve. WTG on getting your little one onto some trout.

shy_boxer
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Wazzzzzup Jsauce....oral้ homie. Yeah...I was m.i.a for awhile but I'm back. You need to hit a brotha up and take me out on your boat? Lol..

TM65 - yeah spending with my angel was great.

SOSO
01-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Steve, good to see you out fishing. Get your Prowler out of the box already. Jim and I are planning a tube trip tomorrow.

MAVERICK27
01-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Awesome story Brother! Can't beat the time with the kids...prescious!

one_leg
01-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Doesn't Grandma like fresh fried trout for lunch?

Nice job on the bass snacks.

shy_boxer
01-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Yoooo Soso....I know brotha I want to tube the goon too, but I think I will be m.i.a...I caught the flu..give me the scoop if you roll.

Thanks Maverick...kids are precious.

O_L you can have all the trout I catch....I am more of a seafood person myself...only eat feesh out of the ocean. Grandma no like....lol

pasadenafishin
01-09-2009, 07:40 AM
awesome report, ill be there after school today

JSAUCE818
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Wazzzzzup Jsauce....oral้ homie. Yeah...I was m.i.a for awhile but I'm back. You need to hit a brotha up and take me out on your boat? Lol..
for sure brotha, that sounds like plan to me. I havnt tooken out my boat since last summer...lol...i need to take her out asap so ill keep you posted.