PDA

View Full Version : Rush creek

RUSS13X
01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Will as many people as possible please help me settle a bet with a buddy at work. The question is, does Rush Creek between Silver Lake and Grant Lake run from Silver downstream to Grant, or From Grant downstream to Silver.

Thanks for your help
Russ

tacklejunkie
01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I don't know the area myself,
but using google earth to determine the elevation of both bodies of water may lead to a logical answer.

deanhall32
01-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Silver to Grant and runs under the 395

JusStartnOut
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
I second deanhall. From silver to grant

billy b
01-06-2009, 12:30 PM
But, I can only say that for the last 58 years...

sb fishing
01-06-2009, 01:10 PM
Rush Creek runs from above Silver lake starting at Agnew Lake into Silver Lake then into Grant then under Hwy 395 to Mono Lake.

What did we win??

seal
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Well use to be Silver to Grant like all have responded but of course their is a Reverse creek in the same area that runs opposite so who knows something could have changed:LOL:????

Big Country
01-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Reverse Creek still runs in that same general direction as well - towards Silver.

seal
01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Reverse Creek still runs in that same general direction as well - towards Silver.

I kind of get confused at times about where Reverse runs but I thought it was the other direction, thanks.

JusStartnOut
01-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Now im confused. is that the creek that runs near the store by silver lake?

jakebeck
01-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Rush creek runs down into Grant from Silver, as there is a watershed about 1 mile up Rush from the Grant inlet.

gwjones00
01-07-2009, 07:31 PM
So - here's the skinny.....

Reverse Creek runs from Gull Lake to Rush Creek. It is called Reverse Creek because it appears to run toward Carson Peak, instead of away from it. Rush Creek actually starts up in the high country beyond Agnew and Gem and Waugh Lakes. It runs over the waterfalls and through the Rush Creek powerhouse into Silver Lake. It then exits Silver Lake and runs to Grant Lake. Beyond the dam at Grant Lake, it runs past 395 into Mono Lake. This last piece of Rush Creek was dry up until maybe 10 years ago. It is now catch and release artifical fly water.

The little creek that runs past the Silver Lake store is actually Alger Creek, which starts up in the Alger Lakes Basin - about a 9 to 10 mile hike from the Silver Lake Store. Alger Creek runs down the waterfall that can be seen from Silver Lake campground and into Silver Lake right by the marina.

seal
01-09-2009, 08:57 PM
So - here's the skinny.....

Reverse Creek runs from Gull Lake to Rush Creek. It is called Reverse Creek because it appears to run toward Carson Peak, instead of away from it. Rush Creek actually starts up in the high country beyond Agnew and Gem and Waugh Lakes. It runs over the waterfalls and through the Rush Creek powerhouse into Silver Lake. It then exits Silver Lake and runs to Grant Lake. Beyond the dam at Grant Lake, it runs past 395 into Mono Lake. This last piece of Rush Creek was dry up until maybe 10 years ago. It is now catch and release artifical fly water.

The little creek that runs past the Silver Lake store is actually Alger Creek, which starts up in the Alger Lakes Basin - about a 9 to 10 mile hike from the Silver Lake Store. Alger Creek runs down the waterfall that can be seen from Silver Lake campground and into Silver Lake right by the marina.

Ok thanks. And I thought I was a Sierra fishing junkie!

gwjones00
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Ha ha! Thanks for the compliment. I'm turning 52 tomorrow. The first time I went up there (Silver Lake) I was 6. So it's been a few years. I remember 50 and 60 fish days from Rush Creek over near Silver Lake.....

JusStartnOut
01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks gw!