PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please

KaliDawgFan
01-06-2009, 05:01 AM
I'll be going out on the Native Sun this Saturday. I haven't been out on cattle boat in over a decade, and I'm not positive what I need to bring. I have a Shakespeare bigwater combo loaded with 25# that I think should be OK. I just don't know what size weights and hooks and other gear I will need.

ghetto dad
01-06-2009, 06:40 AM
I'll be going out on the Native Sun this Saturday. I haven't been out on cattle boat in over a decade, and I'm not positive what I need to bring. I have a Shakespeare bigwater combo loaded with 25# that I think should be OK. I just don't know what size weights and hooks and other gear I will need.

dude...wth KD...why didnt you just pm me????? lmfao

GD

ghetto dad
01-06-2009, 07:00 AM

Lol..I still cant understand why you didnt PM me...:Big Grin:

Ok, the 25 lb is perfect......I would recommend 1 1/2 - 2 oz leadheads, #2-2/0 Hooks, and 4-6 oz torpedo sinkers. You also might want to bring some smaller hooks, in case you get into a WFO perch bite!!! They did really well last sunday, with 10 anglers connecting with 43 Sand Bass, limits of perch, and 1 nice halibut!!!

GD

KaliDawgFan
01-06-2009, 07:35 PM
How many hooks can I have on the line?

troutdog
01-06-2009, 09:06 PM
I would just call down to the office at LBSF, here is the link I found on FNN.

http://longbeachsportfishing.com/

I heard the manager is very helpful......sorta fruity, but very helpful. :ROFL:

Good luck Saturday Kalidawg,

TD

KaliDawgFan
01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I heard the manager is very helpful......sorta fruity, but very helpful. :ROFL:

That guy scares me more than you!

cappo
01-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Call the landing and ask them about their half day boats, then call back again a minute later. He loves it.

troutdog
01-06-2009, 09:31 PM
That guy scares me more than you!

Don't be scared....

Oh btw I have extra tackle/gear. If you need something gimme a ring.

TD

sesgia
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
How many hooks can I have on the line?

on the line you can have no more than 2 hook unless you go sandab witch is 10 hooks. on a lure no more than 3 hooks