PDA

View Full Version : Keepin' up with the Jones...

SteveH
01-06-2009, 03:22 AM
It finally happened.
Not to be out done by their competion at SARL. The Vine has finally jacked up their prices also.
Now you can spend $22 to get in just like the sand trap.
With boat launch up 2 bucks now and admission up 2 bucks also, it's getting rather expensive to come out and catch 5 little trout.
How about spending some of this new found income to fix that crappy boat dock by the ramp.
I'm surprised nobody has yet broken a leg on that crappy dock with all the holes and gaps under that green astro turf.
Oh well, it might be time to find a less expensive hobby.
Tight lines... if you can afford it !

Sue
01-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Bugger, I'll just have to drink one less beer a week :ROFL:

Mondo21
01-06-2009, 08:59 AM
For me it's about the nice peeps you get to meet and socialize with and the fishing tips and knowledge these season Angelers can teach me. I drive a long ways to get to Orange County,and guess who I get to see when I get there... The Vine finest peeps you ever want to meet(Smiling Faces:Big Smile:).Patrick-Fisherman65, Mitz - "The MagicMan", Art- Dr. Hook, Aaron-Troutdog, Chrissy-Dirty Girl , her son Garrett- Fisherbrat, FishStix,Bing Jr.,Sue, 2-quik, Hitts0n,Timster,etc. I can go on and on. They could go up 2 dollars more and it wouldn't matter to me. As a matter of fact I hope to be there on Sunday. Hope to see you there also. Cindy:Big Grin:

Rooster
01-06-2009, 09:20 AM
I don't mind the additional fees, But i must admit last Saturday I did trip on the boat dock. I beleive it was a hole about 1/4 way down but was to embarassed to look back :Secret: :whistle:

Mondo21
01-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't mind the additional fees, But i must admit last Saturday I did trip on the boat dock. I beleive it was a hole about 1/4 way down but was to embarassed to look back :Secret: :whistle:

I'm sure now that you mentioned it,they will address the problem. I don't think they want a lawsuit. Then you could own the lake and let us fish for 1/2 price.:ROFL: Just a joke. Cindy:Big Grin:

SteveH
01-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I'll still be there, not just as much as I'd like to.
It used to be that I could go whenever I wanted to, to get away for a little while, a sort of mini vacation.
Now-a-days, after paying admission, boat launch fees, gas for the truck and boat, bait, food and drinks, I'm usually out about 60 bucks.
That's quite a bit for a limit of fish that would cost about $7 in the market.
Don't get all upset, I know there's alot more to the Vine then the market price of trout (I've been fishin' it for about 35 years).
The cost of living as increased EVERYWHERE now, too bad my wages won't this year.
So, as I earlier said,
Tight lines... if you can afford it :(

Mondo21
01-06-2009, 10:36 AM
I'll still be there, not just as much as I'd like to.
It used to be that I could go whenever I wanted to, to get away for a little while, a sort of mini vacation.
Now-a-days, after paying admission, boat launch fees, gas for the truck and boat, bait, food and drinks, I'm usually out about 60 bucks.
That's quite a bit for a limit of fish that would cost about $7 in the market.
Don't get all upset, I know there's alot more to the Vine then the market price of trout (I've been fishin' it for about 35 years).
The cost of living as increased EVERYWHERE now, too bad my wages won't this year.
So, as I earlier said,
Tight lines... if you can afford it :(

Shore fish sometimes,you get to meet more people and save money at the same time. Even Rooster says he will shore fish and I understand that's unheard of for him.:Big Smile: Try it sometimes... Cindy:Razz:

SteveH
01-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Shore fish sometimes,you get to meet more people and save money at the same time. Even Rooster says he will shore fish and I understand that's unheard of for him.:Big Smile: Try it sometimes... Cindy:Razz:

I did shore fish for years and years at the vine. I spent thousands of dollars renting boats.
Now, I prefer to bring my own boat to avoid the crowds (I hate crowds while fishing).
Now, though, since the price is the same, my shore fishing will be at the sand trap.
Yeah, it's usually dirty and noisy and full of people.
So if I have to put up with that, I'll put up with it somewhere where I may get one of those monster trout (my biggest is an 18 pounder).
I love to hang at the Vine but if they want us to pay the other lakes prices then I'll need to start looking at what the other guys offer, the Vine doesn't. 2, I can think of right off hand are LOTS of really big fish and second, year round night fishing. I've caught many of my biggest bows at night as well as the whiskerfish bite.
peace,

Mondo21
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I did shore fish for years and years at the vine. I spent thousands of dollars renting boats.
Now, I prefer to bring my own boat to avoid the crowds (I hate crowds while fishing).
Now, though, since the price is the same, my shore fishing will be at the sand trap.
Yeah, it's usually dirty and noisy and full of people.
So if I have to put up with that, I'll put up with it somewhere where I may get one of those monster trout (my biggest is an 18 pounder).
I love to hang at the Vine but if they want us to pay the other lakes prices then I'll need to start looking at what the other guys offer, the Vine doesn't. 2, I can think of right off hand are LOTS of really big fish and second, year round night fishing. I've caught many of biggest bows at night as well as the whiskerfish bite.

I would love to get some of the wiskerfish also!

olfishergal
01-06-2009, 12:40 PM
I will agree that the Courtesy dock is in sad need of repair or replacement. Almost busted my arse more than once on that thing. It's an accident waiting to happen. IMHO, best way to avoid someone getting hurt would be to replace that thing. Of course, like everything else, it gets expensive replacing things, but then again, regular repair and maintenance will save you in the end.