PDA

View Full Version : Camping on the 16th and/or 17th

troutdog
01-06-2009, 01:46 AM
With a Master's qualifying tournament on the line and another awesome FNN event to look forward to, the Vine is sure to be bumping MLK weekend.

I plan on camping out Friday and Saturday night to enjoy the weekend festivities to the fullest. So if you care to join in bring a bundle a wood, your favorite "cold remedy" and a fishing story to share! This is going to be a fun filled weekend for all!

See you at the Vine,

TD

bruce watson
01-06-2009, 07:08 AM
Fish stories? Did someone say they wanted fish stories? Back in my trapping days..........

Sue
01-06-2009, 07:33 AM
LOL! Good to see ya Bruce.

Rooster
01-07-2009, 12:24 PM
How does the camping work as far as finding a spot to fish or boat launching? Is there someone with a flag that says go? I noticed for years the Phenix guys always get the ramp area for tourneys. Do they run faster then other campers or what? Whats the scoop Guru?

troutdog
01-07-2009, 01:02 PM
How does the camping work as far as finding a spot to fish or boat launching? Is there someone with a flag that says go? I noticed for years the Phenix guys always get the ramp area for tourneys. Do they run faster then other campers or what? Whats the scoop Guru?

Last year when we camped out on a tourney day the vehicles inside had to form a line and when the front gate opened they let the cars inside go do their thing. Vine security does not allow people to set up their rods prior to 6am, so it is fair for everyone....although for the price of camping you do get first crack at your favorite spot and/or launching your boat before the rest of the crowd comes through the gate. So yeah camping the night before does have some benefits. As far as the TeamPhenix boys the truth needs to be let out of the bag....they are all avid sprinters and have been training to compete in the next olympics so they are a force to reckon with! :LOL:

Hopefully the Vine learned from the x-mas tourney debacle of 2008 and the fish will not be stocked at the ramp on the night before the event. I have no problem with where they stock the fish, but it needs to be done AT LEAST two days before the event. Last tourney the ramp was the spot to be on Saturday and basically dead on Sunday so an extra day or so would avoid what happend before.... "oh Lords of the Vine hear my cries"! :LOL:

See you soon Roberto,

TD

deanhall32
01-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow!! You guys take this stuff serious!!! Have there been any brawls over terriorial trouting spots??

I will definitely be there later on to witness the weigh-in and witness the great buffet line!!

troutdog
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
[quote=deanhall32;291183]Have there been any brawls over terriorial trouting spots??

quote]

No but I almost saw a grown man cry when they said the launch ramp might be closed to fishing for the first 4 hours of the tourney :ROFL:

TD

Mondo21
01-07-2009, 01:39 PM
[quote=deanhall32;291183]Wow!! You guys take this stuff serious!!! Have there been any brawls over terriorial trouting spots??

I heard that there were very loud arguments on territorial grounds:Shocked::Rolls Eyes: Like TD said "hopefully it will be better this time around" Cindy:Big Grin:

Hitts0n
01-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I might camp.Then get a hotel after for that night from being so drunk and full of great food. 1 pack of wood I will bring.:Cool: And a blanket my grandmother made for me to keep warm !

MAN VS WILD
01-08-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm waiting to find out what time my son's game is at. I would love to camp out and share some laughs and get a great spot. Personally, if they are going to stock the launch ramp Irvine should close off that whole section for the day. It wasn't fair that the guys fishing the ramp area ended up placing i belive it was 8 out of the 10 in the X-mas tourney. I'll be getting back to you TD on the camping.

NoHo ART
01-08-2009, 01:57 AM
i might camp out on the 17th after eating and drinking i hate to cruise 15mph up the 5 north :Tired:

Granny Fish
01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
I'm planning to camp out on the 17th.

Mondo21
01-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I would love to camp out. The people without a camper,don't it get really cold? I get cold in my bed at night. How do you stay warm in the car? I can see myself as an icicle in the morning:ROFL: Cindy

troutdog
01-08-2009, 02:36 PM
I might camp.Then get a hotel after for that night from being so drunk and full of great food. 1 pack of wood I will bring.:Cool: And a blanket my grandmother made for me to keep warm !

You getting soft on us Hitts? If you make it down to the lake you're not going anywhere....:Twisted:

I'm waiting to find out what time my son's game is at. I would love to camp out and share some laughs and get a great spot. I'll be getting back to you TD on the camping.

Sounds good Tony hopefully you will be able to partake in all the fun!

i might camp out on the 17th after eating and drinking i hate to cruise 15mph up the 5 north :Tired:

Would love for you to join us Art, campfire sessions with team57 members cannot be beat!

I'm planning to camp out on the 17th.

Excellent....you gonna wear that cool Indian/trapper outfit? It may get a little brisk out there! :LOL:

If you Team57 guys would quit camping out in space #1 you might be able to run down and stake out the ramp area like all the others have done in the past. Just park your cars near your campsight with the running lights on so it looks like you are waiting to drive down to the shore once they flash the lights at you indicating that the gate has been opened. Then have someone walk down in the dark while they are busy keeping people from speeding and parking in the wrong spots and place a rodholder every 2 or 3 feet. It works every time. Besides, it is a lot quiter when you camp down at the other end. Try it sometime, you will be glad you did.

Space #1 is my spot of choice as it gives the group more visability to others passing by that might want to join in on the festivities or stop by just to say "wassup". To me that is more of priority than taking "the alpha snagging spot". As far as actually fishing the launch ramp it has never really appealed to me...tourney or not I would say I fished that area from shore maybe twice, and only briefly from a boat during the last tourney as it was the only spot producing much of anything and I got skunked there anyway! :LOL: Also keep in mind the ramp was "the spot" for one day and one day only(Saturday)...and that was out of at least 3 tourneys that have already taken place....so it is by no means has become the holy grail of fishing spots, it is just getting all the attention because of what recently transpired.

If you want "the spot" O_L I will all but assure you that you get it Saturday morning as I know all the tricks the other guys do, just be at our campsite by 5:40am gear in hand....I have a really funny feeling you're going to be out trolling, but figured I'd offer anyway. :Wink:

See you at the Vine,

TD