PDA

View Full Version : Da Vine 1/05/09

shy_boxer
01-05-2009, 11:43 PM
First of all, I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! It’s been a while since I actually got to go out and fish. So last night…I decided to go try my luck at the Vine. Set my alarm at 4:30 AM and hit the sack by 11:30PM. I woke up at 5:40AM…WTF!!! I always do that…DOH!!! Grabbed my fishing gear and loaded up the car. I was on the road by 5:50AM.

It took me a cool 20 minutes to get to the Vine. Paid my dues and ran into the tackle shop for some necessities (powerbait, nightcrawlers, and a breakfast burrito). You know how we do it!

I ran into TM65 and he assisted me on my arsenal for the day. He also chaperoned me to trout island being an Irvine Lake noob and informed me that this was the place to be. Thanks for hooking a broddah up!!! Literally!!! Good seeing you Patrick! LOL

Well...by 6:35AM...I set up both of my rods…one with a powermouse and the other with an inflated N/C! Now it’s time to enjoy my breakfast burrito and relax. Well let’s just say my relaxation didn’t last long. It took about 5.5 hours to get even a nibble! During this time I must of change baits every 10 minutes with every color and combination of Gulp/poweregg/powerworm/powerbait and N/C you can think of! While the whole time my neighbors were nailing trout with the greatest of ease.

Then my break came at around noon I was on the phone with a client and my rod starts dancing. I wasn’t even paying attention my neighbor hand signals me to look at my rod. I looked over at my rod and it was in full bendo mode. I ran over and reeled in a solid 1lber. At 12:45ish…my neighbors limited out and decided to leave. I quickly moved spots and on my very first cast…on the sink…bam feeesh on! ZZZZzzzzZZZZZ in she comes a solid 2.0lber. Not bad! Number 3 fish comes in at around 2:00PM and it was about a 1.5lber. Number 4 fish makes its appearance at around 3:00PM a whopping 2.7lber. And finally my limit fish was caught at exactly at 3:44PM it was a dink. Whhoooo Hooooooo! I had my limit! Just in the nick of time.

I know some of y’all gonna say it’s not a post without pics but you all know what trout looks like. Plus...I was in a hurry in the morning. I forgot to bring the digi! Thanks for the read. Tight lines!

Feesh#1 – N/C and pink poweregg combo
Feesh#2 – Green poweregg
Feesh#3 – N/C
Feesh#4 - N/C
Feesh#5 - N/C and green poweregg combo

P.S. TM65 has this place on lockdown! I think he needs a raise!!! Poachers and rule violaters beware!!

SteveH
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I was there too.
Real nice day but the fish seemed to disappear.
Last Monday, the bite was pretty much wide open.
This Monday, it was gone. Managed to scratch up 2 fish in the flats but that was it.
Trolling was pointless today for some reason.
Oh well, that's why it's called fishing and not catching.
Tight lines....

troutdog
01-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Nice report Shy Boxer, funny how 10-15 feet can be all the difference in getting in on the bite or not. Glad to see you get a limit for sticking it out, I like how you listed your fish and the bait used....nice touch.

Thanks for the report and details....

TD

Mondo21
01-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the nice vivid report! I had to laugh. :ROFL:It's been slow lately on the bites,hopefully it will improve soon. Cindy:Big Grin:

MAVERICK27
01-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Great report...I wish we could see the bottom of the lake and why the neighbor catches fish and we don't haha.

Very cool listing baits used on each fish...Keep up the good work!

shy_boxer
01-06-2009, 06:57 PM
Thank you for all the kind replies. I like to share my knowledge and give a full report not to just brag that I caught feesh. I use to be called the carolina yoda...lol.

I know there may be lurkers and such but hey everyone was a lurker at one point. Right? Lets share the knowledge and maybe that lurker...may one day become inspired and join FNN as a new member who posts great accurate reports. If you teach a man to fish and you've just taught him to feed himself for life......

SteveH - yeah the bite was really sporadic all day long

TD - pretty scary you knew the distance...lol...but I guess that the point is some sort of underwater freeway the trout run along

Mondo21 - have you ever set your alarm and didnt hear it to go fishing? Or got so frustrated that the fish weren't biting you've changed baits every ten minutes, too...lol

Maverick27 - yeah it would be nice to know all the underwater structure...

Good Luck and tight lines.

Mondo21
01-07-2009, 07:17 AM
I'm not making this up! I get so excited the night before, I have a hard time going to sleep!:Shocked: I'll lay there and my brain is running full speed,and I'm thinking if I'll get that DD tomorrow or will I get my limit? So I end up finally falling to sleep very late. I have never not hear the alarm,because I end up waking way before the alarm goes off!:Big Grin:
I'm like an excited kid:Dancing Banana:,can't wait to get to the Vine. Take care. Cindy:Big Grin:

dbae23
01-07-2009, 07:41 AM
sweet report and congrats on your limit... I wish I could have made it out there with you. Let me know when the next time you can go. let's go hit it up!

zZaNg
01-07-2009, 01:53 PM
lol i was supposed to be there but i wasnt gonna be up at that time haha, atleast u got to feeeeeeeesh yoda!

shy_boxer
01-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Mondo21 - Lmao....I know me too...but the next day I pay for it due to sleep deprivation.

Dbae - Foooooo sheeeezy...

Zzang - You need to get out and FEEEEESH!

KEL40
01-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Nice report Shy Boxer!! Yeah I used to be a lurker but now I try to post some kind of fishing report everytime I go out!! Gotta give a in order to receive LOL! Tightlines everyone!!:Envious:

Troutman65
01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I thought I already replyed to this report. I guess I did not. Sorry about that Steve. It was nice seeing you at the lake after so long. Nice that you were able to hook up onto some trout. ZzAnG Should of made it out w/ you. Next time . Thanks for the report bro