PDA

View Full Version : Chargers at Pittsburgh!

Hitts0n
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Who will win? I'm nervous that Big Ben got hurt and I dont understand why dont the Steelers let Byron Leftwich play.Well,our defense is still number one and San Diego will come to our territory! Steelers will score in the first 4 minutes with a very good drive !:ROFL:
I love Chargers.but Steelers 4 life! Good luck to both Teams !

samgann93
01-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Steelers!!!!!!!!

fishermanwife
01-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm going to go with the Steelers on this one.. :Confused: They will be losing the first half and then come back in second half and come back to barely win it. That is only if Worthlessburger does not play the whole game. They gotta let that other QB play in order for them to win this game. Ben first half... Second half new QB to win it for the Steelers is my thoughts. :Secret:

troutdog
01-05-2009, 10:00 PM
This is going to be a great game...Steeler D is tough to bet against though. I say Steelers by 6. I am going to have some very happy and some very bummed friends either way.

TD

crappiemike
01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
well i think were'r going to dominate this one from the get go!!!
steelers going to the AFC championship!!!

CM

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/crappiemike/Pittsburgh_Steelers.jpg

Brian_GSC
01-05-2009, 10:55 PM
I think it depends on whether Big Jen plays....

I will be rooting for Pitt because I HATE the chargers. The "classy" LT is showing his age this year. We'll see if he puts in a manpon and plays, unlike last year.

troutdog
01-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Terry Bradshaw just picked SD over Pitt on Leno :Secret:

TD

hughpam
01-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Ben is fine. He's been practicing just fine. He left the field on a stretcher because he couldn't feel the pin pricks in his arm that the trainers were administering. It was their decision. It was diagnosed as a mild concussion.

Forecast is for snow and 9 degrees. Advantage Pittsburgh.

Now off to Tampa!

troutdog
01-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Ben is fine. He's been practicing just fine. He left the field on a stretcher because he couldn't feel the pin pricks in his arm that the trainers were administering. It was their decision. It was diagnosed as a mild concussion.

Now off to Tampa!

Aside from being a Steeler fan what makes you say that? SD has the better running game with or without LT at this point. Sproles was very impressive running the ball. What do you think hughpam?

TD

Seng90806
01-06-2009, 04:58 AM
well i think were'r going to dominate this one from the get go!!!
steelers going to the AFC championship!!!

CM

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/crappiemike/Pittsburgh_Steelers.jpg

Steelers are going home after this weekend is over with :LOL: CHARGERS IS ON FIRE and cant be stop right now

Seng90806
01-06-2009, 05:02 AM

Now off to Tampa!

BIG BEN will never be the same anymore...Crappiemike's homeboy Willie McGinest laid a hit on him that will affect him the rest of his career :LOL:

wellbilldancesays
01-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Chargers will be out of their comfort zone and will have there tails placed deeply between there legs by halftime thanks to the Steelers fans and defense. Maybe if it was in San Diego they could pull it off.

sweetfish
01-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I think the Bolts have a very good chance to pull this off. I am happy to see that the weather is going to be really miserable. This way the Bolts can play the short game (run off tackle, draws, screens, misdirections, and let Sproles get in the open field and do his magic). With the cold and snow, both teams are going to be more one dimesional giving advantage to the Bolts because we all know that their pass defense is horrible. Their run defense is a whole different story, especially with the way that Jamal Williams has been playing all year. So Hitts, Hugh, and CM I think you are in for a good fought game.

Good luck to your team.

Go Bolts.

HBJapo
01-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Chargers all the way. We already alomost won in Pittsburgh, we only lost by one and we weren't very hot at that time. With or without L.T., S.D. comes out on top.

Japo :Envious:

sweetfish
01-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Chargers all the way. We already alomost won in Pittsburgh, we only lost by one and we weren't very hot at that time. With or without L.T., S.D. comes out on top.

Hey Japo,

If the Chargers do pull this off like I think they will, I am personally going to drive down to the Chargers facility in Murphy Canyon to greet them when they come back. Ron Rivera will have an answer for the Steelers' offense. I just hope that Norv will have a solution to the Steelers' Powerful Defense.

Go Bolts.

deanhall32
01-06-2009, 09:27 AM
The Chargers are on a roll!! Pittsburgh is boring as hell to watch. I think the Steelers puckered when they found out they were playing the Chargers!!

Chargers by 2 touchdowns!!

fisherbabe
01-06-2009, 09:49 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/xo6xo9/charger1.jpg

Stormcrow
01-06-2009, 10:25 AM
There are some goodies you should all take into consideration here before you hop on the Steeler's bandwagon simply because they are home in January.

The Chargers have the number two ranked defense, second only to Baltimore, over the last four weeks (including wildcard weekend)
The Chargers have the number 3 ranked offense over the last four weeks as well (number one and two are in the NFC)
The Chargers have a top three quarterback that did NOT make the pro-bowl
Historically, the chargers are 0-8 in Pitt so they are DUE
The Charger's lost a regular season game in Pitt on a technicality so they are probably eager to make ammends
The Chargers are anxious to show they can run the ball with L.T. not in the lineup.
The Steelers have been awful the last three weeks of the season.
Ben is probably more hurt than the Steelers are letting on.
Bigger recievers always dominate in cold weather. (Gates, Chambers, Jackson VS. Holmes, Washington, Ward)
Islanders hate cold weather (your boy Polamalu)
Ill take the Chargers by at least 10

hughpam
01-06-2009, 10:31 AM
There are some goodies you should all take into consideration here before you hop on the Steeler's bandwagon simply because they are home in January.

The Chargers have the number two ranked defense, second only to Baltimore, over the last four weeks (including wildcard weekend)
The Chargers have the number 3 ranked offense over the last four weeks as well (number one and two are in the NFC)
The Chargers have a top three quarterback that did NOT make the pro-bowl
Historically, the chargers are 0-8 in Pitt so they are DUE
The Charger's lost a regular season game in Pitt on a technicality so they are probably eager to make ammends
The Chargers are anxious to show they can run the ball with L.T. not in the lineup.
The Steelers have been awful the last three weeks of the season.
Ben is probably more hurt than the Steelers are letting on.
Bigger recievers always dominate in cold weather. (Gates, Chambers, Jackson VS. Holmes, Washington, Ward)
Islanders hate cold weather (your boy Polamalu)
Ill take the Chargers by at least 10

I'll take the bet! Chargers have a new plan. Golf the rest of the month.

Ben will be fine. He holds records for too much to be down. If we had played Denver and Oakland, we would have looked good too.

See ya next year!

City Dad
01-06-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that the Steelers are the AIG of the NFL... If it looks like they're going down, the officials will take over and ensure the "correct" outcome.

Watch the game. If you're not a Chargers fan, it will be a hilarious. Steelers' post season games are to the sport of football what Friday Night Smackdown is to the sport of boxing...:ROFL:

sweetfish
01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
I'll take the bet! Chargers have a new plan. Golf the rest of the month.

Ben will be fine. He holds records for too much to be down. If we had played Denver and Oakland, we would have looked good too.

See ya next year!

But we just played the Colts and beat them when you boy Ben lost to them with the costly turnovers towards the end of that game. If my memory serves me right, I believe that was in Pittsburg too. It should be a good game.

HBJapo
01-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Hey Japo,

If the Chargers do pull this off like I think they will, I am personally going to drive down to the Chargers facility in Murphy Canyon to greet them when they come back. Ron Rivera will have an answer for the Steelers' offense. I just hope that Norv will have a solution to the Steelers' Powerful Defense.

Go Bolts.

I believe that you will be making a long drive, sweetfish. Let's hope so!

hughpam
01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
So will Vincent Jackson play? Nice team spirit.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/category.asp?C=149651

"Breaking News Alert: Chargers Wide Receiver Vincent Jackson Arrested For DUI
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 03:11 PM
Updated: Jan 6, 2009 03:20 PM

Just five days before the Chargers take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in a must-win showdown, one of their star players is in trouble with the law. Wide receiver Vincent Jackson was booked at the county jail early Tuesday morning.

News 8 is reporting that Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson has been arrested for DUI. Details are still being revealed, however it is believed Jackson was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol on Highway 52 near Interstate 805 around 4 a.m. Monday.

Jackson was booked at the county central jail and released Tuesday morning.

Jackson's play was one of the brighter spots to the Chargers season. The wide out had 59 catches for over 1000 yards and 7 touchdowns - clearly his best season with the team.

There's no telling yet what effect his arrest will have on Sunday's game."

Big Ed
01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Chargers will win. Beleive me you dont want to play the SD Chargers if youre an NFL team! The Bolts have been peeking and playing their hardest and most intense defensive and offense all year.

I have been to every home game this year and havent seen the team play with this much intensity in the last 10 years. This team is peeking at the right time and Pitt is not firing on all cylinders.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/otherbiged/ChargersVsDenver004.jpg

Bolts by 7 points.

Later; Big Ed!

Hitts0n
01-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Im sorry to say,but the steelers are are full strenght !
San diego will get 0wned !
Our weather,our home,our game!

sweetfish
01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
I totally agree that was a stupid manuever on Jackson's part and could have a huge outcome to Sunday's play. He makes enough money to hire a limo or even get a cab. Stupid, right before a big game. Believe me, I think this should have been avoided and would have if we had Marty still as a coach. I just hope that Norv does something about it and sends the right message for Jackson is some type of role model for the kids in the area. I still think Norv will have some schemes to put the Chargers in position to win on Sunday.

Go Bolts.

DarkShadow
01-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that the Steelers are the AIG of the NFL... If it looks like they're going down, the officials will take over and ensure the "correct" outcome.

Watch the game. If you're not a Chargers fan, it will be a hilarious. Steelers' post season games are to the sport of football what Friday Night Smackdown is to the sport of boxing...:ROFL:

Haha, ouch!

:Secret:

HBJapo
01-07-2009, 09:54 AM
I totally agree that was a stupid manuever on Jackson's part and could have a huge outcome to Sunday's play. He makes enough money to hire a limo or even get a cab. Stupid, right before a big game. Believe me, I think this should have been avoided and would have if we had Marty still as a coach. I just hope that Norv does something about it and sends the right message for Jackson is some type of role model for the kids in the area. I still think Norv will have some schemes to put the Chargers in position to win on Sunday.

Go Bolts.

Ditto sweetfish, plus we have Floyd, if he's full strength. We have plenty of talent, though Jackson was a force. Apparently, he blew below the limt, but was on probation, so the NFL might throw the book at him. Our best hope, if that happens, is that he will appeal and buy some time. Also, I understand that the NFL has a "hotline" that a player can call if he needs assistance. Dumb move!

sweetfish
01-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Ditto sweetfish, plus we have Floyd, if he's full strength. We have plenty of talent, though Jackson was a force. Apparently, he blew below the limt, but was on probation, so the NFL might throw the book at him. Our best hope, if that happens, is that he will appeal and buy some time. Also, I understand that the NFL has a "hotline" that a player can call if he needs assistance. Dumb move!

I just wonder if Floyd is heathly and 100 percent ready to go, who are they going to put inactive for this week? L.T. maybe?

sweetfish
01-07-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey Japo or Big Ed,

I just was informed that Jackson was below the blood-alcohol limit (.04). He states that it may have been from a cold medicine, and he was taken in because of his probation. Is there any truth to this? I hope so because that would make the media so wrong for not getting their facts straight when posting a story.

Go Bolts

HBJapo
01-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I just wonder if Floyd is heathly and 100 percent ready to go, who are they going to put inactive for this week? L.T. maybe?

I didn't think L.T. will be effective, in any way. He would be the one.

HBJapo
01-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey Japo or Big Ed,

I just was informed that Jackson was below the blood-alcohol limit (.04). He states that it may have been from a cold medicine, and he was taken in because of his probation. Is there any truth to this? I hope so because that would make the media so wrong for not getting their facts straight when posting a story.

Go Bolts

I understand that to be true, check my post above.....

Bird dog
01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Sproles,running wild!!!!

jrockn
01-07-2009, 06:25 PM
CHARGERS all the way!

With the way Rivers is playing, defense is looking good, WR are doing thier part, and Darren Sproles is doing aswome! Steelers are gona lose by 7points. GO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

EDBSIP
01-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Lets go chargers !!!

BaseBallBat
01-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Got to go Steelers on this one!

hughpam
01-11-2009, 07:57 AM
Last chance Charger fans! Any last gasps?

tpfishnfool
01-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Troy Polamalu is pitts only prayer !! To bad for them fools he doesnt play both sides of the ball .. SD by 10.

saintarv
01-11-2009, 04:38 PM
bump for Stillers ownage of the Chargers. LOL

wellbilldancesays
01-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Typical Chargers.

Hitts0n
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Like I said,Chargers will get 0wn3d !!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Bring

Hitts0n
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Like I said,Chargers will get 0wn3d !!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Bring on all the Birds !!

hughpam
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Crickets. That's all I hear from the charger fans.

On our way to 6 rings, Baby!

sweetfish
01-12-2009, 07:49 AM

I will agree with you that my Bolts got manhandled. I was hoping that Big Ben would have a bad game, and my Chargers could have moved on. It seemed that the ball rolled the Steelers way especially in the 3rd when we only got one play while the Steelers got play after play. Congrats to your team and good luck next week.

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Super Bowl game will be Steelers vs Baltimore ! The hell with Arizona and Philli !

Stormcrow
01-12-2009, 09:03 AM

No crickets from me. The Steelers played a better ball game, no question about it. I gotta hand it to you.

***BUT THERE IS NEWS FLASH***
In San Diego, the Steelers would have lost that game
A very healthy and mean Baltimore team is waiting
AND EVEN if the Steelers knock off the Ravens, you have two EXTREMELY offensive minded NFC teams waiting in the wings.

My advice: Dont size that ring up yet. :-)

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 09:20 AM
No crickets from me. The Steelers played a better ball game, no question about it. I gotta hand it to you.

***BUT THERE IS NEWS FLASH***
In San Diego, the Steelers would have lost that game
A very healthy and mean Baltimore team is waiting
AND EVEN if the Steelers knock off the Ravens, you have two EXTREMELY offensive minded NFC teams waiting in the wings.

My advice: Dont size that ring up yet. :-)

When it comes to health,Steelers would have been undefeated! Patriots would have been in the Playoffs right now vs Steelers.So........:mad:

But we know is a tuff road ahead!

wellbilldancesays
01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Chargers will be out of their comfort zone and will have there tails placed deeply between there legs by halftime thanks to the Steelers fans and defense. Maybe if it was in San Diego they could pull it off.

Man this guy nailed it! LOL!

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Im sorry to say,but the steelers are are full strenght !
San diego will get 0wned !
Our weather,our home,our game!

Speaking of hitting it on the nail !! Lma00 !!:ROFL::ROFL:

hughpam
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I will agree with you that my Bolts got manhandled. I was hoping that Big Ben would have a bad game, and my Chargers could have moved on. It seemed that the ball rolled the Steelers way especially in the 3rd when we only got one play while the Steelers got play after play. Congrats to your team and good luck next week.

Thanks Sweetfish! You guys had a good run, and many teams wish that they showed up in the post season, so be proud. Seems that the football gods (I actually only believe in one!) were on our side yesterday.

We'll meet again. You've stuck it to us before and you know it will happen again.

HBJapo
01-12-2009, 11:28 AM
We were owned! We finally lost our edge. There's always next year and it should be an interesting off-season for S.D.

Tough loss, congrats to the Steelers and their fans.

sweetfish
01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks Sweetfish! You guys had a good run, and many teams wish that they showed up in the post season, so be proud. Seems that the football gods (I actually only believe in one!) were on our side yesterday.

We'll meet again. You've stuck it to us before and you know it will happen again.

Thanks Hugh. Why couldn't Willie been healthy all year? He was my fantasy RB and was out for like 8 weeks. Glad to see him at full strength again. I hope Tomlin keeps running Willie at Ray Lewis especially since Suggs got hurt on Saturday. Hopefully Big Ben is looking at films to see where Reed hangs out to avoid the possible pick six against him.

sweetfish
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
We were owned! We finally lost our edge. There's always next year and it should be an interesting off-season for S.D.

Tough loss, congrats to the Steelers and their fans.

The one positive thing from yesterday's game was Sproles was shown that he cannot be an every down back (partly thanks to the O-Line). So hopefully, he does not get that huge deal from someone else and we are able to sign him. Definitely need to sign Merriman to a longer contract. Also Ron should consider playing Cason at the #2 corner and put Cromartie back to Nickle.

Bolts in 09 "Always next year".