PDA

View Full Version : when did they stock this lake last

riverside_angler
01-05-2009, 08:00 PM
planning on hitting up corona on wednesday and was wondering if anyone knew when the last time this lake was stocked? also, what is up with those tailwackers or whatever they are called? is there something special about them?

also, what other techniques are going off over there right now? i hate to just sit there with some power bait. anyone have any luck on throwing some buyonts or rapalas or anything of the sort?

let me know of any tips you can give me in regards to the recent fishing over there. i appreciate any feedback.

thanks.

Rot8
01-06-2009, 06:05 AM
They stock every Wed. Tailwalkers went in last week and Mt. Lassen's will go in this week. Green colors seem to be the hot ticket, but the lake is still very dirty. Probably a 6 inch visibility factor. You have to be right on the fish to nail them. It will probably take a few weeks to clear up.

Tailwalkers are very good eating (pink) and will put up a very good fight. They are my favorite trout to catch.

Good luck ...hope that helps.

matt duarte
01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
to be honest dude dont even bother till the water clears up..i was there sunday on my toon and didnt even get a bite... i was going for bass more than trout but even when i went for trout i didnt get anything...the green powerbait didnt even work.. if you want to catch fish there you got to get a boat no question... i saw zero people hookin up from shore..and only a few here and there hookin up on the water..i just dont want you to waste your money like i did...good luck what ever you choose

riverside_angler
01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
thanks for the input guys. unfortunately tomorrow is the only day i can go so i will try my luck. i typically do well at this lake but it has been awhile since i've last been. hopefully these past few days have allowed the water to settle and clear up. i will post my report once i return.

Lunker1979
01-18-2009, 09:03 PM
well, where the hell is the results report?

flopps1
01-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Caught a few fish the last time i was out on orange colored baits. Green and orange seemed to be the ticket. You also might wanna try dippin some crawlers with garlic as well. Good luck to ya!