PDA

View Full Version : Fairmont Park JAN 5 '09 w/pics

SkipperDick
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Well this is my first "official" report. I was off work today because the water pump in my truck decided it didn't want to pump water through the engine but rather out onto the ground. So after searching for parts and messing with that for a while I decided I should take a break. I went to my local fishing hole, aka Fairmont Park, I started with the bait and wait game for no bites. Since I hate to bait and wait, I switched over to fly lining a Yum Dinger in the June Bug flavor. I fished several areas in the Pond by the Golf Course with no hits. Then decided to walk around to the Golf Course parking lot where I could get at the "good cover" and flipped/pitched my Yum Dinger into and around some of the better cover. After about 10 mins....tick....tick.....Set the hook......and bendo! Fish on! Got to within reach and as I bent down to lip her.....snap! My line breaks! Not to be discouraged, I rigged another Yum Dinger. 10 mins later....my line begins to swim away slowly......set the hook......and bendo again! This one I was able to land and get a couple of pics of. All in all a good time. I hope you all enjoyed the report, that's all for now.

http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/motoman433g/FairmontJan509.jpghttp://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj327/motoman433g/FairmontJan5091.jpg

SkipperDick

riverside_angler
01-05-2009, 08:06 PM
that's a great fish for fairmount. i am glad to see someone finally catch something out of that golf course pond. did you throw it back? how much do you think it weighed...2lbs? anyways, keep up the good work and keep on posting pics, i love to see what that park produces.

SkipperDick
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks! Yes I did put it back, I always catch and release. It was probably around 3 pounds I suppose. And that is the third good size bass I have caught out of the Golf Course Pond. I have never caught anything out of Evans Lake. Only the Pond.

fishmounter
01-05-2009, 08:42 PM
NICE bass Todd! Way to go! Thanks for releasing it too! It's funny how you say you can only catch bass out of the pond and not Evans. I'm just the opposite. I get nice ones out of the big lake and I've never hooked anything over 10 inches from the golf course pond! We have got to get together and compare notes!

SkipperDick
01-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Hey thanks Jeff! You bet brother, I would like to compare notes with you sometime. And it is funny how you catch yours in the main lake and me in the pond. I've tried and tried to catch over where you fish in Evans and always come up empty. Again, thanks brother.

jbassc
01-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Good job on that fish i stay in el monte but i was at my sisters house from new years day till sunday night she lives near fairmont park i was thinking of fishing it during the weekend but i just dont know the lake at all i didnt want to be guessing were the good spots are at i see alot of people fishing the little bridge area.

UCR's Fishman
01-05-2009, 09:31 PM
It's nice to see someone is still catching fish there - it's been awhile since someone last wrote a report on this lake. WTG!

SkipperDick
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks all! I appreciate the responses. You know they have been trying to "clean up" Fairmont Park, and I must say it is alot better than it used to be. The Lakes are still kinda dirty but overall the park is actually very nice. It's close to my home, about 10 mins on surface streets. It would be nice if "they" DFG? would patrol/enforce fishing rules and regs....even the simplest of having a valid fishing license! lol, only seen a handful of people since I've been fishing there with a liscense. Again, thanks for the replies.

SkipperDick

PureAle
01-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Whoa! thats a nice bass you got there it looks like a 4-5 #.

bigblant
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
I headed over there last week, trying to get in some fishing while I still had a valid fishing license and got nothing. Spent about 5 hours fishing Evans, I have never tried Brown though, only thing I have seen caught there were a few turtles. I am going to have to try that as soon as I can get together enough for a new license.
If anyone is looking for someone to fish with there feel free to hit me up, I am close and am there quite a bit.

Senor Rambone
01-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the report. Its nice to see fish from that spot. I have yet to catch one there.

Lechuga
01-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Nice fish ! It's funny, before winter hit I could leave that park with a catch everytime I went out. No it's a different story, my winter game sucks there. Nice to see someone catchin em out there !

Mater
01-10-2009, 06:17 AM
nice catch

Stormcrow
01-10-2009, 09:20 AM
way to go man!!!

SkipperDick
01-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks all!

SkipperDick