PDA

View Full Version : Please, oh dear God please!

KaliDawgFan
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
LOS ANGELES -- Andruw Jones and the Los Angeles Dodgers are close to parting ways.

The team has agreed to trade or release Jones in exchange for the center fielder deferring much of the $22 million remaining on his contract, according to a person with knowledge of the discussions. The person spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly about the deal.

The agreement is expected to cut $12 million off the Dodgers' payroll next season and reduce Jones' salary to about $5 million. If the team can't trade Jones, then he can ask for his release before spring training, the person said.

If the Dodgers release Jones, they would owe him all but the minimum $400,000 salary.

A longtime star in Atlanta, Jones agreed to a $36.2 million, two-year contract with the Dodgers in December 2007. Los Angeles hoped his dangerous bat would boost the offense, but he hit only .158 with three home runs in 75 games last season.

Jones reported to spring training overweight, was booed by fans, had knee surgery in May and ended the season on the bench as the Dodgers won the NL West.

The 31-year-old center fielder then asked to be traded.

SoCalGuy7
01-06-2009, 07:36 AM
With manny gone AJ is there best player now, they should keep him.....:ROFL:

j/k bro, if he's willing to go get rid of him!

Cangler
01-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Well ... we'll still have slugger Piere in CF

DarkShadow
01-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Trade?

Who the hell would want to get Jones in a trade? I wouldn't trade a treble hook for Tubbo.

The minute the Dodgers cut him, any poor soul that wants him can get him for the league minimum anyway.

City Dad
01-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Trade?

Who the hell would want to get Jones in a trade? I wouldn't trade a treble hook for Tubbo.

The minute the Dodgers cut him, any poor soul that wants him can get him for the league minimum anyway.

Maybe they're hoping to trade him to an arena football team in exchange for box seats. I bet he'd make a great arena league punter.