PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct 1/5/09... tough

Haliwood
01-05-2009, 06:57 PM
hit up the duct in 2 different locations today ( one off the 5 freeway in the bakersfield area and the other off the munz ranch rd area). Managed one largemouth ( about 2 pounds) on a white tube bait. fished from 7:30 am to about 1 pm. I tried alot of different lures ( rat-l-trap, tube bait, minnow baits) but didnt get much love. I even had chovies on the other line but again no bites and no stripers. I did notice the siphones were closed at both locations, and the water was still, does that normally mean that your not gonna get any bites? anyway it was better then going to work, much better in fact, so i cant complain. If anyone can give me any hints it would be much appreciated.

Good luck out there everyone.

PhisHook
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah when I was up in bakersfield the water was still too but the bite wasnt too bad just not spectacular, alot of shorts. Mostly on shad only one on chovies. and alot of chasers on the raps and ratt-l-traps

But definetly better than going to work next time they will be hungry:Envious:

Thanks for the report!

Nate

trail blazer
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the report bro,,sounds like you did everything right ,,,just one of those day,s

munz r rd area?????

do you mean the gates were closed??

siphons are just underground tunnels that usually are in lenght of 50 to 100 yards,,,

I only ask cause lately when i find thaT the water is NOT flowing at the gates,,,i pack up and head to a siphon cause that,s where the shad will stack up at,,,and the stripes also

spooky007
01-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the report!! This year will see a reduction in water movement in the ducts. I believe they will be releaseing around 15-20% this year. The ducts will be nasty this comming summer!!!

yolo
01-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the report!! This year will see a reduction in water movement in the ducts. I believe they will be releaseing around 15-20% this year. The ducts will be nasty this comming summer!!!

Fresh greens to go with the catch :Idea:

trail blazer, munz r is Munz Ranch Rd. spot for the duct. It is in Lancaster near the Poppy Preserve.

Striper Bill
01-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Haliwood,
Stripers can be caught or landed even if the water is not flowing, just got ot work a little harder but don't give up, the stripers are aggressive so when fishing, fish aggressivley. Trying the curves and bends if the gates are not open. Try different lures, it is always good to have a selection of lures, they can be landed on bait, but I use lures. Stripers can be finiky at times, so try different retreives with your lures. Try the Pearl L-Rattle Trap 3/4 oz ones at Wal-mart and the Wildeye Storm Baits. All the Rattle Traps should be the size of 3/4 oz. I hope this helps you!

RamboBoy
01-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Rattle L-Trap : Try Pearl L-Trap like Striper Bill said, chrome L-Trap, shad-L-trap. Hope this help!

Otherwise, you buy one of crankbait deep 15 feet of minnow. see my picture:

Haliwood
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
thanks for all the info guys... im gonna try again soon.

Striper Bill
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Keep us posted "k":Smile: