PDA

View Full Version : Best pb?

bigblue
01-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Whats the must power bait to have in a tackle box? I got the rainbow and has done good for me but i want to get a couple more which are other good ones. I recently got hooked on fishing so any help would be appreciated.

castaguey
01-04-2009, 11:53 PM
i like the garlic pb and the corn scent pb ive had good luck on them!

sesgia
01-05-2009, 12:58 AM
i like Chunky Chartreuseis good and Rainbow Candy it works good for me

bigblue
01-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Thx! First of all. So whats the general rule try one color pb if no bites then go ahead and change the pb to a different color? I want get a couple of different colors is it really necessary.

GET DA NET
01-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Salmon peach works best for me.

socalrippin
01-05-2009, 08:36 AM
i usually use chartreuse or rainbow and the garlic scented ones probably work better. im starting to wondering if the color even matters.

i just recently noticed a new kind of pb well actually its eagle claws version of pb called nitro at corona lake. its uv nitro bait supposedly glows in the dark. im curious to see how good it works.

GET DA NET
01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
i usually use chartreuse or rainbow and the garlic scented ones probably work better. im starting to wondering if the color even matters.

i just recently noticed a new kind of pb well actually its eagle claws version of pb called nitro at corona lake. its uv nitro bait supposedly glows in the dark. im curious to see how good it works.

i cant get that nitro crap to stay on my treble hook..............

socalrippin
01-05-2009, 08:50 AM
yep, i definitely prefer pb over nitro for that exact reason!

BassEngineer
01-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Has anyone tried the YUM version of powerbait?

troutdog
01-05-2009, 08:53 AM
The best pb colors to have on hand imo is chartruese, rainbow and spring green....the peach colored pb works well when all else fails. Good luck out there!

TD

socalrippin
01-05-2009, 09:12 AM
just a little insight on using pb......

use a 16-18 size treble hook and make the ball of pb just big enough to cover the hook. i see alot of new anglers using pb the size of a big marble and i think thats just way too big. feel free to correct me if im wrong anybody, thats just my opinion.

tracker13
01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
I've used nothing but Charteuse for the last 10 to 12 years, even when the bite was tough, and still caught. Before that, when the stuff first came out, all they had was yellow and we killed them on it. And before that it was Zeke's, and before that it was Valveeta cheese, and before that it was marshmellow and salmon eggs. And of course there's always been worms. I guess my point is: Remember, these are tank raised fish, who do nothing but swim in circles all day and eat. There are however a few things that seperate the ones who catch occasionally, and the one who catch consistantly.

sesgia
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Has anyone tried the YUM version of powerbait?

i try it along side with power bait same color and power bait strike and wins for me. as for yum just sit there and not even a bump.