PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Purpose Wading Shoes

ctrujillo45
01-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Hello There -

I am looking for some recommendations on some reasonably priced wading shoes. I am hoping to find some multi-purpose shoes, that I can wear while wading and also while camping, hiking, etc. I don't do too much hiking, but something comfortable would be great. I don't think I want to get shoes with felt bottoms, since they may not last too long.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help in advance.

BrownTrout
01-05-2009, 09:33 AM
i would get felt soles for wading and something else for hiking if i were you. the felt sole does in fact last quite a long time, and it really sucks falling in the water from slipping around on rocks, trust me i did it once!. i bought a pair of cabelas felt sole shoes and have had them for 3 years.

DarkShadow
01-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I bought a pair of Nike ACG 'kayaking' shoes that have been pretty amazing so far. Unfortunately, much of Nike's ACG line gets switched up every season, so these shoes are now impossible to find. I use them to wade, but they've seen their fair share of light hiking duties, and they are extremely comfortable and are designed to dry rather quickly.

If you can find Nike ACG Toketee Mids, let ME know because I'd love to buy a few more pairs, as shoes like this are nearly impossible to find.

http://a1608.g.akamai.net/7/1608/1365/68559f92c74ebd/away.com/images/outside/200407/booties_4.jpg

Five Ten also makes a good shoe, the The Five Ten Canyoneer 2, which can also suit your needs.

sashimi
01-07-2009, 04:13 PM
i would get felt soles for wading and something else for hiking if i were you. the felt sole does in fact last quite a long time, and it really sucks falling in the water from slipping around on rocks, trust me i did it once!. i bought a pair of cabelas felt sole shoes and have had them for 3 years.

Brown trout hit the nail on the head

DCCTrouserTrout
01-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Felt sole shoes are probably the way to go waiding, but I don't know how long they will hold up if you walk around the camp all day.