PDA

View Full Version : Taft area duct friday

PhisHook
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Took a drive up the 5 frwy towards bakersfield headed towards the duct around lake station rd and gardner field. started fishing around 3pm throwing assorted raps and rat-l-traps tons of chasers but no takers. I could see them come right up to the edge then turn and run. I was changing it up fast slow tap and reel but no takers, Current was low. Around 7:30 I started to soak the chovies and around 8:10 hit one 21inches (no scale) threw it in the ice chest for the rest of the night half dozen shorts and some kitties all thrown back packed up at 1:45. Oh yeah between 11:45 and 2 it was pouring on and off

First ever striper in the duct :Big Grin: now I need to hit the recipies section

Im going back next weekend just doing some Google research for a better spot.

Any one want to meet up next weekend if weather permits.

Oh yeah $41 for a license wtf? they are not going to stock the local creeks and this WTF????

Nathan

Striper Bill
01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Congrats to you on your first striper!

old pudd fisher
01-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Took a drive up the 5 frwy towards bakersfield headed towards the duct around lake station rd and gardner field. started fishing around 3pm throwing assorted raps and rat-l-traps tons of chasers but no takers. I could see them come right up to the edge then turn and run. I was changing it up fast slow tap and reel but no takers, Current was low. Around 7:30 I started to soak the chovies and around 8:10 hit one 21inches (no scale) threw it in the ice chest for the rest of the night half dozen shorts and some kitties all thrown back packed up at 1:45. Oh yeah between 11:45 and 2 it was pouring on and off

First ever striper in the duct :Big Grin: now I need to hit the recipies section

Im going back next weekend just doing some Google research for a better spot.

Any one want to meet up next weekend if weather permits.

Oh yeah $41 for a license wtf? they are not going to stock the local creeks and this WTF????

Nathan

Yeah $41 bones and the stocking has been limited it seems. Good job with the striper fish cook that baby up, I hear they are very tasty. Hope I can catch one sometime.:LOL:

PhisHook
01-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks billy and old pudd. I had the itch but now it is all over. My wife even said it when I pulled the striper in. "damn now we will be here every weekend"

Nate

RamboBoy
01-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Congrat on your first striper. You will get striper there and good luck out there. Be safe on the concrete river, don't slip and fall, okay.

PhisHook
01-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Congrat on your first striper. You will get striper there and good luck out there. Be safe on the concrete river, don't slip and fall, okay.

Thanks rambo! I had a close call when the first striper hit I jumped up and the dirt bank was not too steep but someone had dug seats in the side and I tripped on one and went to my knees but I thought I was going in.:Shocked: Needless to say I moved down the bank a bit to avoid any further mishaps.

Thanks

trail blazer
01-05-2009, 06:03 AM
Thanks for the report bro,,,,WTG on youre 1st stripe

pm some of us bakersfield fnners next time youre coming up this way and maby hookuyp and fish all the spots

PhisHook
01-05-2009, 07:30 AM
yeah blazer for sure next time. I will plan a little better, my orignal plan was to hit palmdale and I just kept driving.

Thanks for the invite, Nathan