PDA

View Full Version : The DUCT. golfcourse gates ,taft. 1/4/09

trail blazer
01-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Wanted to try the g,course gates ,,havent been there in 5 or 6 months cause the bite has been really good in other areas where there is alot less pressure.

Got there at abought 3 30 pm and started throwing my fav stripe lures
RAT TRAP
ZOOM TUBES on a 1/4 OZ JIG HEAD<WHITE>
SWIMBAITS<platinum brand>
and BERKLEY SWIMBAIT
LC 110,,american shad clr.

Threw 2 hrs for nadda then right at dark i hooked up on the tube while bouncing it off the bottom,,
it looked to be abought 22 to 25 inches or so when i got a look at him and then he threw the hook right at my feet,,NO BIGGY ,more where he came from!!!!!!

Made a few more casts with the jig for nadda so i picked up my other rod with the LC 110 and went just above the gates and made a few casts up against the gates and got hit again FISH ON:Big Grin:

Landed that 1 but only 17 inches so back he went.

Now its looking like its going to be another GOOD night at the duct ,,,.
Then my phone rings<MINOR EMERGENCY AT HOME>So i gotta go:Angry::Crying:

Oooo Well
My 1st stripe of the yr
Caught on my new R and REEL
Not a bad cpl of hrs

Nothing worthy of pics today

TRAIL BLAZER

StriperEye
01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Hope everything is ok TrailBlazer, I've been reading and enjoying your posts. At least your on to the fish...But most of all hope all is ok. Take care..

cutbait
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah I am missing those days of 10-20 fish with instant hook-ups.

Soon as it starts warming up I am going to get back into it. In the mean time strictly tournaments for me.

Atleast you didn't get the skunk.

Wingnut
01-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the detailed Duct report... no Skunk for you. :Big Grin:
Hope all is well with the emergency.

nismotech91
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the report!

Striper Bill
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Congrats trailblazer on your first striper of the year! Nice report. Hope everything is ok at home.

RamboBoy
01-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Nice fishing report sound more fun, but hope everything is okay with you and your family.

trail blazer
01-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!
Everything is cool!!!,problem was with the fireplace flume,,,,somehow it closed up a little and started filling the house with some smoke<just a little> and wife wasn,t sure if she had it all the way back open!!!!.
So she insisted that i come check it out to make sure,,FOR THE KIDS SAFETY!!!!

Striper Bill
01-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!
Everything is cool!!!,problem was with the fireplace flume,,,,somehow it closed up a little and started filling the house with some smoke<just a little> and wife wasn,t sure if she had it all the way back open!!!!.
So she insisted that i come check it out to make sure,,FOR THE KIDS SAFETY!!!!

Good that everything was alright and she knows now if it happens again. How far did you have to go home? Where you close to home?

trail blazer
01-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Good that everything was alright and she knows now if it happens again. How far did you have to go home? Where you close to home?

Yep,,,,not far at all .
i live in the rosedale area wich puts me 25 to 35 mins to home depending which area im fishing out there

Fishing Mama
01-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Cool at least it wasn't far! Striper Bill always complains about the long drive home and we live right next door. Hello Trailblazer, Striper Bill here too! It is nice to be close to home.
Fishing Mama and Striper Bill

spooky007
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the report Scott!! All fish are pic worthy!!!:)

trail blazer
01-05-2009, 05:07 PM
OK AL il post next time:Big Grin:,,,,still wanting to hookup out there sometime bro,,THAT WOULD BE COOL!!!!,,,,,,,Maby before the night bite slows.

Fishing mama,,,if i lived as close as the MASTER<st,bill> Id be in heaven

RamboBoy
01-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Good thing, everything is safe for your kids.

Take care

FISH ON
01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
WTG TB. a good start to the 09 season. how was the crowd out there. I'm feeling naked . still no 09 fish lic for me yet.

trail blazer
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
WTG TB. a good start to the 09 season. how was the crowd out there. I'm feeling naked . still no 09 fish lic for me yet.

9 other cars there when we got there<typical at that spot>
Most left by dark though

BassnRack
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey trail blazer! I was out at the golf course at 6:30 that morning. I threw Lucky craft lipless, pointers, swimbaits, gunfish, and nothing. Moved to stockdale about 10:00. No water flowing. Threw artificial for awhile for nothing. I brought anchovies just in case. Threw out my rig then set it down to rig up another with bait. BAAAAAAAAD idea! At first I hear a scraping sound, then I see my Loomis bag that my GL3 SJR783 is propped up on and my rod sliding down the side of the aquaduct. My buddy was able to save the bag, but not the rod. So if you any of your Bako boyz snag onto a GL3 with a Team Daiwa Tierra, it's mine, but I'm sure you won't give it back!!!! HA! HA!

Anyway! For the next 30 minutes the bite was crazy with bait. All fish in the 21-23 inch range. Then nothing! We fished for another hour with not even a bump!!!

RamboBoy
01-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey trail blazer! I was out at the golf course at 6:30 that morning. I threw Lucky craft lipless, pointers, swimbaits, gunfish, and nothing. Moved to stockdale about 10:00. No water flowing. Threw artificial for awhile for nothing. I brought anchovies just in case. Threw out my rig then set it down to rig up another with bait. BAAAAAAAAD idea! At first I hear a scraping sound, then I see my Loomis bag that my GL3 SJR783 is propped up on and my rod sliding down the side of the aquaduct. My buddy was able to save the bag, but not the rod. So if you any of your Bako boyz snag onto a GL3 with a Team Daiwa Tierra, it's mine, but I'm sure you won't give it back!!!! HA! HA!

Anyway! For the next 30 minutes the bite was crazy with bait. All fish in the 21-23 inch range. Then nothing! We fished for another hour with not even a bump!!!

I suggest you tie up the pole on the fence or make one concrete block with pole holder that you fill the quikrete cemet around the pole holder inside the cemet block. It won't fall into the river.

trail blazer
01-06-2009, 04:41 AM

yep that 2nd spot you went to has been really good to me for a while now

SUCKS abought your G,LOOMIS
I fish that spot alot and will keep an eye out.

Last spring i had 1 pull my catfish setup and poleholder and all out of the ground and he took it all ,,,<at the tuppman gates>.
had it hammerd in good and deep too,I THOUGHT.

buck liggett
01-06-2009, 08:40 AM
yep that 2nd spot you went to has been really good to me for a while now

SUCKS abought your G,LOOMIS
I fish that spot alot and will keep an eye out.

Last spring i had 1 pull my catfish setup and poleholder and all out of the ground and he took it all ,,,<at the tuppman gates>.
had it hammerd in good and deep too,I THOUGHT.

Yeah & not to mention it was about 2 feet from both of Us, TB just turned his back & fish ripped it out & a gave it a burial at sea!