PDA

View Full Version : Limits at Lake Mission Viejo w/pic

Loggoog
01-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Me and my neighbor got out on a boat at 11:15 and decided to see if any fish moved over to Market Cove. As we got there we scanned the area and only saw 2 fish swimming around. We tried both powerbait and trout trap mini jigs, and to no avail. We only stayed in that cove for about 20 minutes. So we decided to head back towards the first cove area where I have been catching fish all week. About 10 minutes later, I hook up into a small trout, and then again, and again. Before I knew it, I already had a limit of trout, the first of the year! As for my friend, he hadn't landed anything yet, so we both casted out and I began getting bit so I hand the rod over, he sets the hook, and brings in a nice trout. His rod was still in the water, and right after landing the fish, he notices his rod begins to twitch. He sets the hook into what would be the biggest fish of the day, a 3.4lb fish. Right after, he gets another, but it gets wrapped around the boat and snaps the 2lb test. He does manage to get 1 more, but cannot finish the limit as we had to head in. Here are my fish in the picture.

In all: 7 trout.

-Loggoog

Seng90806
01-04-2009, 06:13 PM
nice catch!!! that lake is full of trouts :LOL:

Striper Bill
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Nice fish congrats and thanks for the report.