PDA

View Full Version : First Corona outing of the year (01-04-09)

KaliDawgFan
01-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Bullets, Tater and I arrived at Corona Lake this morning around 5 am to see that there were 18 cars in line already. Once they started letting everyone in they all started heading to the dam area so we went to the south end of the lake. It was pretty slow at first. My first fish wasn't landed until 8 am. It was caught on an inflated N/C. About an hour later I landed another trout. This time it was a hard-fighting taildancer that hit a powermouse. After that there was another lull in action so I switched out the powerworm with a nymph, and the trout seemed to love that. My third and fourth trout fell victim to that setup. What would've been number five also went for it, but I farmed that guy about 20 feet from shore. Twenty minutes or so later the wind picked up and it got real cold real quick. Trout #5 went for the N/C pole shortly after, and my limit was finished somewhere around 2 pm.

Bullets got one...sort of. When he and Tater went up to the bait shop his pole got hit and I brought his fish in for him. He also farmed one earlier on in the day. Tater got striped today. This guy fishing to my left landed a big guy. Tater's digital scale said it was 6.12#, but it looked and felt heavier. All of my fish were caught rather far out. SOme people were having good luck close in. This one other guy was doing well with salmon eggs and Velveeta cheese on a treble. All fish fought extremely hard!

Here's the shot with my stringer.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/OCDawgFan/corona5.jpg

Tim, I took your advice on the line and hooks. I think that was the ticket to my success today.

sansou
01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice limit Ryan!

Sorry I couldn't make it out there this time with Team BTK. See you guys around shortly!

KaliDawgFan
01-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Forgot a few things

- The water clarity was awful. It looked like chocolate milk at times.
- However, the water level was up considerably from the last time we were there.
- No one around us, including myself, caught anything while tossing lures.

Rooster
01-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Thx for the report Kali. Congrats on those nice looking trout. Can't wait till it clears up and can actually see lures. Props.. Hope 2 cya out there soon

matt duarte
01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
nice job dude! i was out there today on my toon... didnt get any bites.. i was mainly going for bass though..woulda went for trout for my las t resort but i have no trout gear lol

Santa Fe Eric
01-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Good looking fish Kali.
Great Report:Thumbs Up:

troutdog
01-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Nice job out there Ryan, way to represent team57! Sooner or later people are going to start mistaking you for a trout fisherman :LOL: Thanks for the report and pics, looking forward to the next trout slay session with you...I'll bring the orange worms for ya :Wink:

TD

KaliDawgFan
01-05-2009, 05:28 AM
I'll bring the orange worms for ya :Wink:

I have two packs now, and stop winking at me. You're giving me the heeby jeebies.

Marley
01-05-2009, 08:29 AM
...This one other guy was doing well with salmon eggs and Velveeta cheese on a treble...Ah, Velveeta and eggs. A grossly underused bait. As good as roe! Thanks for the pictures and congrats on the heavy stringer!

KaliDawgFan
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I remebered my dad using Velveeta for bait as a kid, but I thought it was for catfish.

troutdog
01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
I have two packs now, and stop winking at me. You're giving me the heeby jeebies.

Sorry to have induced flashbacks of your military experience....:LOL:

TD

KaliDawgFan
01-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry to have induced flashbacks of your military experience....:LOL:

TD

...that was the Clinton era...

Git R Done
01-12-2009, 06:42 AM
nice fish. i was there the day before. got my limit too. i think its time you start teaching bullets how to fish. hopefully i'll see you guys out there next time.

socalrippin
01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
way to go on the fish slay bro! i bet you still have trout in your freezer....lol. if you dont mind me asking how do you fish a nymph? i fly fish with nymphs so im kinda confused to how you would use it there. i just saw nymph scented pb at walmart....

boxl0bster
01-12-2009, 09:43 PM
good job ryan, you gotta show me your trout techniques sometime.

shy_boxer
01-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Congrats on your limit. Nice looking stringer. Sorry to hear your fishing partners didn't fair so well. Thanks for the report. Tight lines!

Mr Bendo
01-18-2009, 01:21 AM
Nice job Ryan!!! I have to use my float tube out there this year!!!!