PDA

View Full Version : Castiac help

Udt234
01-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I have a week off and my goal is to fish everyday till I get a 10 lb largemouth.
I'm from Maryland and this is my only window of opportunity because I have to be back in Reno for work Monday of next week. I have been reading all you guys posts and would be thankful for any help you can give on what lures/colors I should use and what patterns have been working lately. I'll be fishing from shore so if there are any special spots I should try feel free to let me know. Thanks fellas!

snag
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Some people fish all their life and never catch a 10lb bass, LOL.
Castaic is not a shoreline friendly lake and it has limited access to those without a boat.

Considering the time of year; throw trout imitation swim baits.

Good luck out there.

smitty99
01-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Call Pete Marino. Show him the Benjamins and he'll take get you into catching the fish....so I am told.

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909) 510-5679

GillyGreen
01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
nice....

well, not to get you down but 2 years a go i had a couple months off of work and fished the lagoon and upper lake 3-4 times a week throwing the big baits for over a month straight and my largest bass was a 7-11.... good luck... throw it till your arm is about to fall off....and then keep throwing it some more.....

oh yeah and you could just call pete or art and get some bigguns...tight lines

Udt234
01-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Way to crush my dream guys! All joking aside thanks for the help. I just got here so I'm gonna go look around town for a bit be ask around too!