PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Newport 6/09

jbacsaf
06-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Sup fellas, I'm tubing Newport Harbor tomorrow with a buddy and would like to invite anyone interested in joining. We will be launching from off 15th street at about 6:00 am. We plan to be there for about 5 or 6 hours. Please post or pm me if you have any questions. Hope to see you guys out there!

909fisher
06-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Never tubed in the ocean, so i dont have lures, jigs etc.. any recommendations for newport. i have fished lake and rivers only, so most of my tackle is for that.. could u just tell me what i need to buy.

jbacsaf
06-08-2007, 11:06 PM
I've always had luck with the gulp products. Especially the jerk shad (the one's with eyes) in pearl white with a drop shot set up. On the other rod I throw plastics (usually grubs). Hope to see you out there!

sullyfish
06-09-2007, 11:23 AM
909 -

A bass is a bass...fresh or salt

I have caught fish in Newport Bay on 6 - 10lb class
"Freshwater" spinning/baitcasting gear...

I have used -

1.Grubs
2.Swimbaits -any brand
3.Tex R'd worms
4.Drop Shoted minnow type baits
5.Jig n pig
6.Crawdad/creature baits
7.Crankbaits
8.Spinnerbaits
9.Chatterbaits
10.Underspins/Tailspins

and the list could go on if I thought really hard

SO you probably have tackle right in front of you that will work

You just need to be confident!!!

Good luck

sullyfish
06-09-2007, 11:26 AM
909 -

A bass is a bass...fresh or salt

I have caught fish in Newport Bay on 6 - 10lb class
"Freshwater" spinning/baitcasting gear...

I have used -

1.Grubs
2.Swimbaits -any brand
3.Tex R'd worms
4.Drop Shoted minnow type baits
5.Jig n pig
6.Crawdad/creature baits
7.Crankbaits
8.Spinnerbaits
9.Chatterbaits
10.Underspins/Tailspins

and the list could go on if I thought really hard

SO you probably have tackle right in front of you that will work

You just need to be confident!!!

Good luck

sonarbp
06-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Hey jbacsaf,

Just wondering how you did this weekend fishing Newport? I wish I could have gone but I took my wife to fis the park next to our house for free fish day!! Her idea....

sonarbp

jbacsaf
06-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey jbacsaf,

Just wondering how you did this weekend fishing Newport? I wish I could have gone but I took my wife to fis the park next to our house for free fish day!! Her idea....

sonarbp

We did okay, here's the report. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=3158

We are probably going again this Saturday 6/16. I just have to make sure I don't have to go up north. You are welcome to join if we do go. I will post another invite when our plans are confirmed.