PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Lagoon 1-03-08

shh777
01-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I fished The Kid's Lagoon again today with my three year old son. The weather called for a chance of rain, but we never saw any rain and the wind was nowhere to be found. The sun actually broke through when we left, which was nice. We got to the lake at 7:40 and found a decent spot on the creek side. A father and two boys already had a stringer of four fish.

We caught a couple on my pole and a couple on my son's toy pole within thirty minutes of arriving. We also handed our pole two several kids throughout our time at the lagoon, since my son likes to net the fish more than reel the fish in. It was fun watching my son catch and net with other kids he just met.

We ended up limiting in a couple of hours and took off at 11AM. I didn't know anything about the Kid's Lagoon before this week, but I have gone twice and must say it's alot of fun. I bring a toy dump truck and a small toy ATV and my son has a kick rolling the vehicles down the hill. He also enjoys the other kids and just running around. I am completely sold on the Lagoon and will go again next month.

* The staff came by twice to check on everyone and to tell us the rules. Everyone was catching fish around the lake...all the fish were on the smaller size.

ghetto dad
01-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Great job man...way to spend time with the kid....im having problems finding the time to take my daughter to the lagoon......:Sad:

GD

Mondo21
01-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Great job man...way to spend time with the kid....im having problems finding the time to take my daughter to the lagoon......:Sad:

GD

Please make time GD. You will look up and they will be teenagers and may not want to hang with Dad after that.:Sad: Cindy

troutdog
01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Glad to hear you got in on the bite at the lagoon too. My daughter and I were fishing to your left, as were BingJr's family, Jsauce and his gf. I was getting a kick out of the ATV and dump truck coming down the hill, you guys looked like you were having fun! There was another gentleman(SloCal) from FNN right next to you as well. Sorry we did not get a chance to meet, although we may have crossed lines once or twice :LOL: Congrats on a great day with your son, good to hear about your positive experiences at the Vine.

TD

Mondo21
01-03-2009, 09:00 PM
I just love the look on a kids face when he is reeling a fish in... Priceless:Big Smile: Cindy

shh777
01-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Troutdog:

You guys were nailing the trout. When you first arrived I think your party had 6 trout in 10 minutes. It was fun watching all the kids catch fish. You folks were also mighty kind and helpful. I hope to see you sometime at the Vine.....