PDA

View Full Version : Perch Galore on the Native Sun 1/3/09

Odium
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Quick and Dirty Report (I'm sleepy as hell)

Three buddies and myself, took advantage of the Two for One special going on and headed out on the Native Sun.

Perch were biting every place we stopped, too bad I can't say the same about the bass.

My friends and I got skunked on the sand bass. FunJunkie landed three sand bass though (I think it was three).

Kencor rep was on board and raffled off two rods. I'm sad to say I am not the owner of a new rod.

Well it's time to pass out now. Funjunkie said he would provide pictures if i created the thread. . . but I dont recall him busting out a camera during the trip. . .

Ifishtoolittle
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Sounds like a fun trip thanks for sharing!

Funjunkie74
01-04-2009, 10:27 AM
OD, it was nice seeing you on the Native Sun. Glad you and your boyz made it and took advantage of the 2 for 1 deal!!

Sorry, I never took out my camera the whole trip.
So yes, this post may actually suck without pics...
-------
Well, the day was very slow.
But, the sun came out, the waters calmed down and it was just really awesome to be out on the water. Although it would have been nice if the bass or sculpin would have gone WFO but that didn't happen...oh well. It just meant you had to work hard to get something other than a perch.

The water was really flat and unfortunately there was no current either.
So the bass never woke up and the sculpins just ignored us.

I think there were a total of 6 or 7 sandies landed.
I landed 2. (Team NBU in da HOUSE!!)

There were no shortage of rockfish, cabezons, and treefish.
DFG was on-board with us, he measured, weighed and released all of them.
The treefish were coming up big too!!
I landed one on a transparent red-sparkle plastic and I thought I was wrestling a ling!! LOL!! Rod was all bent over, Kam is screaming in my ear "Oh yeah!! This one's big!!"...
Oh well...just something to look forward to in March.

Of the few sculpins that did come over the rail, one of OD's boyz (sorry I don't remember your name homie), had a nice 14~15" rattlesnake!! That was a really nice one!!
Although he almost lost a friend when he swung that fish over the rail and barely hitting his boy in the face...that would have hurt!!!

*NOTE TO NEWBIES* Do not swing a sculpin over the rail. If you don't know what you're doing, call for a deckhand to help!

Anyway, considering it's only January, the sun was out, the waters were calm and there was no shortage of fun to be had.

LB55 is hosting their annual "Halibut Derby" starting this month.
Make sure to check out the website or PM GhettoDad for details.
It'll be nice to see someone (like ME!!) from FNN (like ME!!) win the derby!!

*credits*
OD, good seeing you out there! Next time, brah. Next time we'll slay the bass!!

Native Sun, Capt. Jason Rico, Kim and crew - thanks for the great day and putting us on some fish!

Mac Daddy "OG Kencor Pro Staff" - thanks for making a slow day feel a little less slow.

sansou
01-04-2009, 10:35 AM
What do you mean I shouldn't bounce sculpin??? :LOL:

Nice report (though lacking in pics). That LBSF 2 for 1 deal sounds nice!!!

ghetto dad
01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks for stopping in and saying whats up Joe and Odium....

GD

cappo
01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
epicness .

Funjunkie74
01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for stopping in and saying whats up Joe and Odium....

GD

Funny you mention that Steve.
OD and I were planning on doing so, however the door to the office was locked and there was a sign in the window that said "No bathroom. Use restaurant."

I peeked through the window to see if there was any sign of life...none.

Oh well...next time.

Funjunkie74
01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
What do you mean I shouldn't bounce sculpin??? :LOL:

Nice report (though lacking in pics). That LBSF 2 for 1 deal sounds nice!!!

For you Sansou, you should just grab the sculpin like a football and slam it on the floor!!
Do a little end-zone dance and rush to the hospital!! LOL!!

Funjunkie74
01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
epicness .

I knew you'd appreciate an excitement filled report like this one......

JapanRon
01-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi Odium and Funjunkie74,

Thanks for the team effort on the fishy report. Winter-time makes the opprotunity to take photos of bigger fish much less and a little tough !!

Great detail .... thanks,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Funny you mention that Steve.
OD and I were planning on doing so, however the door to the office was locked and there was a sign in the window that said "No bathroom. Use restaurant."

I peeked through the window to see if there was any sign of life...none.

Oh well...next time.

:ROFL: Dude, you tried to open the wrong door Joe.....anyways, I havent seen you in awhile....would have liked to have said whats up homie,,,,

GD

ghetto dad
01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
You guys missed the SB by one day....they had 43 for 10 guys today.....limits of perch, and 1 fat halibut....next time guys!!!

GD

Funjunkie74
01-05-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi Odium and Funjunkie74,

Thanks for the team effort on the fishy report. Winter-time makes the opprotunity to take photos of bigger fish much less and a little tough !!

Great detail .... thanks,

JapanRon

Thanks JR! Glad you enjoyed the slow read.
Yeah, it's hard to get motivated to take pictures of "normal" sized bass.
But at least we had fun!
And that's what counts!

:ROFL: Dude, you tried to open the wrong door Joe.....anyways, I havent seen you in awhile....would have liked to have said whats up homie,,,,

GD

DOH!

You guys missed the SB by one day....they had 43 for 10 guys today.....limits of perch, and 1 fat halibut....next time guys!!!

GD

That's winter fishing for ya.
One day it's on like donkey kong, the next day it's off...only to find out the next day it's on again!!

FJ74

Odium
01-05-2009, 09:26 AM
That's winter fishing for ya.
One day it's on like donkey kong, the next day it's off...only to find out the next day it's on again!!

FJ74

I have a fix for that. I'll call in sick all week and fish every day!!! (posting from work right now. . . )

gallogg
01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
OD, it was nice seeing you on the Native Sun. Glad you and your boyz made it and took advantage of the 2 for 1 deal!!

Sorry, I never took out my camera the whole trip.
So yes, this post may actually suck without pics...
-------
Well, the day was very slow.
But, the sun came out, the waters calmed down and it was just really awesome to be out on the water. Although it would have been nice if the bass or sculpin would have gone WFO but that didn't happen...oh well. It just meant you had to work hard to get something other than a perch.

The water was really flat and unfortunately there was no current either.
So the bass never woke up and the sculpins just ignored us.

I think there were a total of 6 or 7 sandies landed.
I landed 2. (Team NBU in da HOUSE!!)

There were no shortage of rockfish, cabezons, and treefish.
DFG was on-board with us, he measured, weighed and released all of them.
The treefish were coming up big too!!
I landed one on a transparent red-sparkle plastic and I thought I was wrestling a ling!! LOL!! Rod was all bent over, Kam is screaming in my ear "Oh yeah!! This one's big!!"...
Oh well...just something to look forward to in March.

Of the few sculpins that did come over the rail, one of OD's boyz (sorry I don't remember your name homie), had a nice 14~15" rattlesnake!! That was a really nice one!!
Although he almost lost a friend when he swung that fish over the rail and barely hitting his boy in the face...that would have hurt!!!

*NOTE TO NEWBIES* Do not swing a sculpin over the rail. If you don't know what you're doing, call for a deckhand to help!

Anyway, considering it's only January, the sun was out, the waters were calm and there was no shortage of fun to be had.

LB55 is hosting their annual "Halibut Derby" starting this month.
Make sure to check out the website or PM GhettoDad for details.
It'll be nice to see someone (like ME!!) from FNN (like ME!!) win the derby!!

*credits*
OD, good seeing you out there! Next time, brah. Next time we'll slay the bass!!

Native Sun, Capt. Jason Rico, Kim and crew - thanks for the great day and putting us on some fish!

Mac Daddy "OG Kencor Pro Staff" - thanks for making a slow day feel a little less slow.

NBU in da house!!!

Sammy

Funjunkie74
01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
NBU in da house!!!

Sammy

LOL!! Thanks Sammy!