PDA

View Full Version : Installing rod holders and graph Help!!!

lizzay
01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
This might be a very lame amateur question but I am an amateur. I went and got some rod holders to find that the harness for the holders were too wide to screw onto the side of my boat and if I position it sideways the screws will pop out on the other side. Keep in mind that this is a 14' skiff. Any suggestions? Also I'm trying to get my boat setup for a graph but realized that I need to install another battery on the boat, so much to do and no where to go or turn. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Side note: My boat has an extra battery compartement and hookup in the bow for the trolling motor plugin, I'm not sure if it charges with the alternator from the motor or not. Thanks again.

MarkyMark
01-03-2009, 10:03 AM
check your pm for pm chat

smartcaddie
01-08-2009, 11:43 AM
you dont need another battery and the compartment in fron has nothing to do with the charging system on the engine, you can hook up the fish finder directly to the starting battery.. you wont have a problem there.

GillyGreen
01-10-2009, 01:03 PM
you can mount the rod holders through your hull... (i know no one likes extra holes) but as long as you use stainless bolts/nuts and a sealer during mount you should be fine...Your holes are no big deal, I have a gravity overflow that drains below the waterline on my boat that i am trying to move above the water line...Thats a big 2in hole under the water line for me... fun owning a boat isnt it. good luck and tight lines

mike