PDA

View Full Version : My son's first striper!!!

HIghwayPig
01-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Okay, so I've been up to Pyramid before with my buddy, MamaChipy. Everytime we go without my kid, because of school, we somehow find them and kill them. The one time my son went with us, all he caught was Mamchipy's back of the neck with a half eaten Anchovie he threw at him. :ROFL: Anyway, so I fgured I'd try the duct for the first time with my son and my dad. We hit up near the golf course and tried a few spots. Nobody was catching anything. So we decided to call it a day and head bak to Bako. We stopped at the last possible spot and tried for a few. We were using everything, Anchovie's, Chicken Liver, and Rat-l Traps. No luck until I finally saw my rod with a chovie on it bend like crazy. I picked that rod up and decided to let my son bring that thing in. He loved the fight and had a blast bringing it in. He was probably more excited catching that striper than when he caught his first trout!!! We stayed a while longer and had no more luck. Time to go home and fry that thing up. I enjoyed the duct, but will have to keep checking on here for more good info. Later. Good hunting! :LOL:

Mondo21
01-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Way to go for letting your son bring it in. Love those kind of stories. Cindy:Big Grin:

smokinflies
01-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Great job kid. I'm still waiting to catch my first Stiper.

mamachipy
01-03-2009, 09:07 AM
You had to bring up the chovi incident. The price of fishing just went up!.....LOL

trail blazer
01-03-2009, 02:38 PM
way to stick it out bro,,,,,,,And congrats to youre son!!!!!!

ive caught quite a few stripes there also
but usually over by the grating <river entrance>
on jigs and traps

EdSakabu
01-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Good to see the youngsters getting them. If you were in Taft near the golf course I've always had better luck with anchovies fly lined and "walked" with the drift down the 'duct part the "gates" with the flow of the water. One out of four "walks" and you'll get a "tap" or a bite if the water is flowing well (spring of summer is best).

Pyramid right now is kind of iffy, but I think the channel is your best bet right now.

--Ed

Striper Bill
01-04-2009, 03:08 AM
A Big Congrats to your son for his first Striper, and may there be many more.

HIghwayPig
01-04-2009, 06:59 AM
Thanks for all of the replies everyone, except for Mamachipy!!! And when was the price of fishing ever cheap with you!! Nah, kidding!! Thnx for the info EdSakabu, I appreciate it!

LEE BOY3
01-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Congrat's welcome to the Striper club chief.

matt duarte
01-04-2009, 11:38 PM
weird i thought i replyed to this.... anyway nice striper! especially for your first! props to the pops for gettin your young gun on some fish!....

lol nice username...are you a cop? or do you just HOG the highways haha i made a funny

troutdog
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Nice job getting your boy on his first stripey...wtg dad!

TD