PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Lake

bitedez
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
After a couple of pms from the vets I decided to hit the lake on Thursday. Unfortunately they had not stocked the lake yet and we got the big skunk. We threw everything at them but the kitchen sink. It was extremely cold in the morning but warmed up a bit late in the afternoon. I walked around the entire lake and the story was pretty much the same. I also want to thank Steve for showing me the ropes. Hopefully I'll get em next time.

smokinflies
01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Nice try. Like you said, there's always next time.

BTW, where is Pelican Lake?

WJC71
01-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Would that be Pelican over at the Narrows?

steve092
01-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear about the skunk bro. That lake is either on or off, and with the few stockings lately, it's been tough.

bubbamech
01-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I thought they plant fish there every other thursday

buttflyzzz
01-06-2009, 05:56 PM
i was out there the same day, i think. they told us at the gate that they stocked it, but they told other people they didnt. i seen one kid catching fish, i caught two early on but let them go they were to small. i wonder where all the fish in the stream went hum..

FISHBAIT
01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I was there Sunday and the guy at the gate told us they just stocked it... After the skunk I realized he lied. Why did they charge an additional $5 per car because it's a holiday weekend if they didn't stock it in preparation for they "HOLIDAY WEEKEND"
But your right NEXT TIME!!!!!!!

Fishbait

adiablo420
01-06-2009, 10:02 PM
got skunked myself on sunday.. no love.. i was there from 7:30 to 11:00 am they said they stocked it the day after new years day.. but,, not feelin it.. but a friend of mine was there about a week ago and caught a 8lb trout .. i seen his pics.. wow , that thing was freakin huge..seriously huge.. ill see if i can get a pic of it...