PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 1/2/09

Kareem Korn
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
A lot of people today in line. From the gate all the way around to the middle of the museum. Didn't matter, I got there at 5:15 and was 8th. I wish they would open alittle sooner. There's like 1/2 hour of gray light lost. I went west this time. Hit every cove along the way to the west damn. picked off a few cookie cutter bass 2-3lb. Saw some of the white tall birds in a small cove staring in the water. So I throw a shad FT and am on in a couple cranks. It wasn't no striper, but the heavest bass I've caught to date. I made it go thru the shame of posing for pics before letting it go.
That was it for the fish. It was a long windy paddle back to the docks. Worked my way back working the coves again.

-Tim-

one_leg
01-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey, way to go on the football!!!

RamboBoy
01-02-2009, 04:36 PM
When it was windy, did you work hard on the paddle? Sound like you are working out your arm, biceps, and muscle, LOL.

BTW, nice lmb!

snag
01-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Nice job!

I looped way around you as I was heading in towards the Saddle Dam at around 10:00ish. I was the dumb loner on the Pontoon.

The weather really picked up in the afternoon. I was wondering about that Dude in the green Kayak, thinking to myself "Man, that's got to be a hell of a tough ride if he's still out there".

You're a brave soul to paddle that far out.

Tight lines to you.

Kareem Korn
01-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Righton. Yeah it got alittle windy. Not too bad tho as it was blowing N/E, allowing me to work the shore line without paddling. Actually I had surgery on both shoulders and I started doing this to work them out.
My highlight of the day was that pig was my first fish on a rod I wrapped and fitted with my Christmas reel, Revo Inshore. Usually my luck would be bluegill for the first year before breaking it in with a quality fish.

fishntime
01-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Little Piggies are out to play at DVL. Congrats on the PB

Socal Bassman
01-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Nice job out there. Man, every time you post a report makes me wish I could join ya. Someday. I didn't realize the venture into yaking would be so pricey. But well worth it... I hope :Rolls Eyes:. I'm thinking of going with the Old Town Vapor 12. For a paddle, I had no clue that there are so many out there, but I think for starters I'm gonna go with the Bending Branches Slice Plus. Just a few questions for you though? Where/how do you have your transducer mounted? Do you have it in the hull like other's I've seen or do you have it mounted on the outside?

Kareem Korn
01-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Bassman, hope to see you out there. The transducer is mounted inside behind the seat right in the keel. Clean the spot you choose with alcohol. I roughed the bottom of the ducer with 1200 grit sandpaper just alittle. Use marine Goop. Squeeze a constant amount on the ducer. Like the size of a chapstick stick. Make sure there no bubbles in it. Press it in the spot chosen, all the while making sure there's no bubbles. Hold in place with a strip of duct tape until morning.

I found my fish finder picks up the rising bubbles in the lake as fish. I just use it for structure and depth reference.

One other thing. Call DVL and see if their still inspecting and stickering. Mine was stickered three years ago.