PDA

View Full Version : Back home from the hospital

ART HILL
01-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Hello Everyone,

I hope all of you had a great Christmas, and a safe and happy new year.

I am now back home after a 14 day stay in the hospital. I had to undergo an emergency operation to stop internal bleeding. I spent 3 days in the intensive care unit, and had to undergo 5 blood transfusions. I am now being held together with 25 staples.

I missed the intire holiday season, but considering how close I came to the final checkout, I guess I should not be complaning. It will be a few weeks before I get back out on the water, and I can't wait. Pete you need to save me some fish!

The phone has already been ringing with people booking trips for the spring bite. So now all I have to do is sit here at home, watch football, and wait for my wounds to heals.

Take Care,

Art

WARRIORMIKE
01-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Daaaaamn sux to hear that. As long as you get better to slay the fish. Pre-spawn bite will be showing really soon here :Twisted:

one_leg
01-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Art, I am very happy to hear that you are gonna be ok.

I hope you have a swift recovery and are back on the water in time for the killer spring bite.

hugo c
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
I've read some of your past reports, which were always welcomed.

Just rest and gain strength. Be thankful that you're still on the planet. The fish will still be there, once you've recuperated.

Things will get better, bro......................

BassEngineer
01-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Nessie Hunter
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Art, great news buddy....

Glad to hear your doing so well..

I was going to call ya at the Hospital, but Dana (bassnut) said you needed the rest more then the calls....

Maybe I will have a chance to deck hand with ya this year.. Some one has to be able to pull the fish up!!!! :ROFL::ROFL:

snag
01-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Godspeed to ya!

Indo-angler
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM
So now all I have to do is sit here at home, watch football, and wait for my wounds to heals. Take Care, Art

Could be worse than this! There are some good games on!
Glad to hear you are recovering and you will soon be on the water again.
Praying for you to get well!
God bless

DomeShot
01-04-2009, 02:58 AM
just wanted to say hope you feel better......i'm going under the knife the 8th out by the eleventh but we have to overcome......lot's of fish out there i know we can't catch them all, but effin aye we can definitely try!!!