PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions

HBJapo
01-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Anyone make any interesting resolutions for the new year? My resolution is to not make any resolutions. And it's a bad year to stop sniffing glue......

Japo :Envious:

GO CHARGERS!

one_leg
01-02-2009, 10:30 AM
To be grateful for every good thing that I am able to enjoy in my life.

BassEngineer
01-02-2009, 10:52 AM
My resolution is to catch a 35lb LMB....I know, I know, it won't happen...but no one ever follows through on a New Years Resolution anyway! :Big Grin:

olfishergal
01-02-2009, 11:44 AM
I stopped making resolutions I could never keep.......No resolution, but I plan on fishing more, especially salt, making much more time for myself as the girls move on with adulthood....A very Happy New year to all of us....OFG

HBJapo
01-02-2009, 11:59 AM
To be grateful for every good thing that I am able to enjoy in my life.

OL,

You are always on your game, that's what we really like about you!

Japo :Envious:

Granny Fish
01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Well said One_Leg.

Last year I kept all my resolutions except for one. That was to catch a DD trout. While I did come close with an 8#, I can only take credit for netting Grandpa's 12# that got him in the Irvine Master's Tournament.

Some of the other fishing resolutions I made were to make it up to the Sierra more often and to fish at least one new lake and to catch one new species for me. I was fortunate enough to have fished the Northern Sierra three times this year as far North as Plumas County, went to Parchers for the first time (twice this year) and fished at least 5 new lakes. I fished PVR for the first time this year (4 seperate times) and went on my first back country pack trip. I even managed to fish Central Florida. I caught my first halibut just shy of being legal and I made lots of new friends while fishing.

This year I resolve to catch that elusive DD Trout. :Twisted: I haven't had time to make a full list of my resolutions yet (I prefer to call them goals). I always write them out and sometimes they change but that is my road map to see where I have been, how close I am to getting where I want to be and what I need to change to get where I'm going.

Sue
01-03-2009, 08:04 AM
I concur with Grannyfish - I set goals.

This year:

1. Learn how to use a filet knife correctly :ROFL:

2. Catch a DD trout

3. Fish salt

4. Be happy

Mondo21
01-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Mine is very simple... Catch a DD trout and fish the Vine more often. This is what I love is fishing:Big Smile: Cindy

CASTAWAY
01-03-2009, 09:05 AM
I would have to say my new year resolution would be to catch more
fish than last year and to eat a lot more fish and veggies.... also exercise more.....

And of course catch a "two digit banger".....

Koshaw
01-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Lose 70-130lbs, catch a dd trout, find a roomate for my spare room, do lots more fishing, catch a brown trout :D.

Sierra_Smitty
01-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Because I live in the Sierra, all of my fishing goals are for the saltwater....I miss it so much!!

-Catch a YFT
-Catch a 30+ Yellowtail
-Fish the Catalina or Clemente at least once
-Catch a 20+ Dorado

Personal Goals

-Have my book in print by June
-Hike to at least 1 backcountry lake each week June 15th thru September 15th
-Learn to vectorize photos so I can blow up some of my photography and frame it
-Make a profit at Parchers this year

saintarv
01-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I would have to say my new year resolution would be to catch more
fish than last year and to eat a lot more fish and veggies.... also exercise more.....

And of course catch a "two digit banger".....

I thought it would be to fish "the Vine" this year. :ROFL:

CASTAWAY
01-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I thought it would be to fish "the Vine" this year. :ROFL:

You got jokes saintarv....:Big Grin: