PDA

View Full Version : Aqua duct fishing

Bill S
01-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Hello FNN Members, I want to try something different and go fish the aqua duct, coming from the east and none of my friends fish here so they have NO clue! Can you fish any part or only certain areas, and it is legal correct? Free ride if anyone wants to go?

EdSakabu
01-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Hey Bill, welcome to the Left Coast.

Basically anywhere that there is an access gate to the 'duct it's fishable. The access gates are either like turnstiles or gaps in the gate that you have to step over. Some have signs that say "Aqueduct fishing access". It's made so you can't drive a car or motorcycle into there. Where on the aqueduct are you thinking about? Personally I don't think the water flow is high enough in general for it to be too productive. I'd try either Pyramid or the Upper Castaic lake. Pyramid probably easier from the shore if you're fishing for stripers but there is the added possibilities for largemouth, smallmouth, catfish, crappie, bluegill and planted trout.

Let me know where you go and how you do,
--Ed

Bill S
01-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks, ED I plan on giving it a try this weekend and this will give me a start! This is what this site is all about:)