PDA

View Full Version : New Law went into effect....

Troutman65
01-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Today. No Text Messaging While Driving. I wonder why it took so long ? You would think they would of passed this law before the No Talking On Your Cell Phone While Driving Law.

Do people really text while driving these days? It's common sence to me that if you don't want to get into a accident, don't be texting while driving. Just my thoughts before I go to bed. Good Night FNN. Happy New Year. May your Stringers always have a limit.

fishermanwife
01-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Im guilty of driving and texting at the same time. :Sad:

DarkShadow
01-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I text while I drive, I do it all the time. "It's my right as a god fearing American..."

(I've also eaten an entire order of chicken curry while driving with my knees, but that's neither here nor there.)

My question is, why don't they ban everything but looking at the road while driving? So, the lady that puts up make up in the fast lane while driving with her knees is legal, but I can't send a text message? The guy reading and circling down his horses in the Racing Form can do so legally but I can't send a text? Fun times.

Second question is, how are agencies going to enforce the law? I know when I'm texting, I hold the device near my near my lap, completely out of sight from any motorist, and i look down once in a while (concealed by mirrored lenses on my glasses) to make sure I'm hitting the right keys and not typing gibberish. Same thing when I'm browsing the web on my phone. Is that to say that whenever any motorist is looking down, they're gonna get pulled over for texting while driving? Good luck trying to enforce the assumption that somebody is texting because they're looking down at their lap.

I don't know anybody but my mother who holds the phone in front of her face while writing a text message. I know when most people text while driving, they do so with their phone out of sight.

Good thing my phone will be hidden while I continue to text. Just remember, if they can't see the phone, they really can't give you a ticket.

WARRIORMIKE
01-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Cool its a good thing I do a lot of emailing and Instant Messaging while driving. :Envious:Totally different thing :Wink:

BassFreak
01-01-2009, 11:29 PM
What they really should BAN is my wife talking to me while im driving!! :Shocked:

WARRIORMIKE
01-01-2009, 11:34 PM
What they really should BAN is my wife talking to me while im driving!! :Shocked:

:Shocked:dang homie, you and your girl just have an argument or something :Angry:

BassEngineer
01-02-2009, 12:56 AM
No sir office I wasn't texting, I was just dialing.

olfishergal
01-02-2009, 01:08 AM
have you ever rode behind the idiots trying to drive talk and or text while driving? Scarrry stuff since ya'll think you can multitask......You folks are all over the road. No wonder so many accidents happen. When I drive, I drive, I don't put on makeup, read the race forms or any of the things you folks said u do. Even eating while driving is a big cause of accidents. And, we all know, men can't multi task even though they think they can. :ROFL::ROFL: Happy New Year everyone. Geeez a common sense law. What is this world coming to? :ROFL:

BIGRED KILLA
01-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Thats ok as long as i can still rig up my fishing stuff while driving i am fine.I do start to go out of my lane when i tie mono to spectra.

Bigred

SQUIRREL
01-02-2009, 08:36 AM
I hope you never have look up in time!

fishermanwife
01-02-2009, 09:29 AM
i very rarely have to look down while texting.. I got that keypad memorized. Plus I have my phone set up with auto text, to where I only have to press a button or two to spell out a whole sentence or so. :Wink: Unless im reading an incoming text its a glance every other word while keeping the the eye on the road.

WARRIORMIKE
01-02-2009, 09:37 AM
i very rarely have to look down while texting.. I got that keypad memorized. Plus I have my phone set up with auto text, to where I only have to press a button or two to spell out a whole sentence or so. :Wink: Unless im reading an incoming text its a glance every other word while keeping the the eye on the road.

Thats why the law took effect :Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes:

Cangler
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Whatever next ! ... nose picking ?

olfishergal
01-02-2009, 11:41 AM
i just can't imagine what would be so damn important that I would need to risk my life to text or talk to someone while driving. They can wait until I get where I'm going. If not, there's nothing I can do about it anyway.

farleyd
01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I drive big trucks for a living and see this kind of crud all day long
and I say to myself WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO PUT MY LIFE
AND JOB IN JEPORTY (can't spell lol). Also the lives of other pepole
on the road. Kind of selfish of you all to think I want to DIE with you.
( Driving is a privalige Not a right)

Don

BassFreak
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
While theyre at it, might as well ban listening to the radio or music while driving. That darn Britney Spears song is sooo distracting!! :EyePop:

krumpelman
01-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Today. No Text Messaging While Driving. I wonder why it took so long ? You would think they would of passed this law before the No Talking On Your Cell Phone While Driving Law.

Do people really text while driving these days? It's common sence to me that if you don't want to get into a accident, don't be texting while driving. Just my thoughts before I go to bed. Good Night FNN. Happy New Year. May your Stringers always have a limit.

I could never imagine them banning talking 100% on your phone. So much of the worlds business is conducted this way it would cripple society as we know it. Besides then they would have to ban having a conversation in the car with other people because that is just as distracting. Then would come the ban of singing while driving. No I am not one that is for ban's, but sometimes the no singing while driving ban may not be a bad one to jump on.

DarkShadow
01-06-2009, 12:20 PM
While theyre at it, might as well ban listening to the radio or music while driving.

Precisely.

How about billboards on the side of the freeway?

I know I've almost crashed many a' times looking at this ad on the 60 Freeway.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1247/stripperkj4.jpg

City Dad
01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, the fellahs at my weekly Liberals, Commies and Terrists meeting will probably kick me out for saying this, but I have two kids and must come down on the side of ban on texting while driving = good.

Remeber, it's not just adults toolin' 'round in motor cars... there's teenagers too... and with all due respect to teenagers, they are the spectacularly feeble drivers at best - and don't pm me, it's just true. They have no business having any distractions in their rides. You should earn that privilege with experience.

and one more thing humanity managed to pull off quite a few impressive feets in the many centuries prior to mobile phone/blackberries... I have to wonder just how vital texting and phoning in the car really are now...

James343
01-06-2009, 03:03 PM

Wow you must be in an incredibly important person...

or maybe you just think your that important either way I hope you don't kill someone in the process...

fishermanwife
01-06-2009, 05:38 PM

or maybe you just think your that important either way I hope you don't kill someone in the process...

Well I'd like to think, I'm an incredibly important person to someone out there..Like my daughter and even my husband and family. I wouldnt say I'm important to the public eye though. :Wink: Dont you think your an important person to some point:???:

Texting while waiting at a red light. I would say is not dangerous. Anyone that has to look down at their cell phone for more than 2 seconds shouldnt do it. Like I said alot of what I say driving and texting is already pre set on the phone.. Like for instance... When I press WUA it spells out WHERE YOU AT? or WUD spells out WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LYU spells out I LOVE YOU.. and so on. I don't have full blown out conversations while driving unless at a red light or stopped in traffic.

GeordyBass
01-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Thats ok as long as i can still rig up my fishing stuff while driving i am fine.I do start to go out of my lane when i tie mono to spectra.

Bigred
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

your starting to sound like one_leg...lol...

BIGRED KILLA
01-07-2009, 01:31 AM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

your starting to sound like one_leg...lol...

O **** plz don't say that thats it i am done.lol

Bigred

Tail Chaser
01-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Its a good law.
With people off there cell phones while driving.
Maybe they will only drive 1/2 dumb.

Next time your on the fwy doing 65/70 mph.
If you can get up to that speed.
Having all them cell phone users not paying attention and holding up traffic.:Angry:
Take note of how many feet per second you are traveling. 50ft?...100ft?
Imagine if the traffic stopped ahead of you while you were tuned out/looking away while texting. YEP......Very bum deal.

Imagine your sitting safely at a red light while texting.
The light turns green. Your looking down at your keyboard. Still sitting there.
The traffics coming up behind you. Doing say...35/40 mph. Maybe even texting :Shocked:
They see the the light has been green for a couple of seconds. expecting you to be moving already.
But you're not. :Beat Stick:
Another bum deal :Angry:

Just food for thought :Dog Piss:

DCCTrouserTrout
01-07-2009, 06:01 AM
Precisely.

Me too bro. That one isn't cool at all.

James343
01-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Well I'd like to think, I'm an incredibly important person to someone out there..Like my daughter and even my husband and family. I wouldnt say I'm important to the public eye though. :Wink: Dont you think your an important person to some point:???:

Texting while waiting at a red light. I would say is not dangerous. Anyone that has to look down at their cell phone for more than 2 seconds shouldnt do it. Like I said alot of what I say driving and texting is already pre set on the phone.. Like for instance... When I press WUA it spells out WHERE YOU AT? or WUD spells out WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LYU spells out I LOVE YOU.. and so on. I don't have full blown out conversations while driving unless at a red light or stopped in traffic.

Point taken as long as your not one of those people that has to constantly be on the phone and cause dangerous situations or my personal favorite delay traffic because you just need to be on the phone I'm cool with it, but you have to admit there generally isn't anything important enough to put other people out or at risk.

City Dad
01-07-2009, 12:33 PM

James343, I feel ya. In my line of work you get a parade of bloated egos parading through your office door - and all of them have their Bluetooth on their ear on all of the time. And you can bet the farm that at some point in any conversation with these blow-hards they're gonna raise their hand and halt you mid-sentence to yell at their assistant about their lunch order.

I dunno, I guess that's impressive to some folks... but whenever I see someone getting their earphone on this is what I think of...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/ohura.jpg

lame...

James343
01-07-2009, 12:35 PM
James343, I feel ya. In my line of work you get a parade of bloated egos parading through your office door - and all of them have their Bluetooth on their ear on all of the time. And you can bet the farm that at some point in any conversation with these blow-hards they're gonna raise their hand and halt you mid-sentence to yell at their assistant about their lunch order.

I dunno, I guess that's impressive to some folks... but whenever I see someone getting their earphone on this is what I think of...
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/ohura.jpg

lame...

Ha we must be in the same business I see it all day long....

City Dad
01-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Ha we must be in the same business I see it all day long....

Oh, oh lemme guess... You work with "creative" types? People who would use the word "muse" with a straight face?

exfactor
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
It's just more ammunition for the man if he needs a reason to detain you. Ya got's to fill those monthly quota's, ya know. Beaucracy will always be prevalent in California.

James343
01-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh, oh lemme guess... You work with "creative" types? People who would use the word "muse" with a straight face?

Hahahah oh yes creative types (at least they think they are) indeed....

City Dad
01-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Hahahah oh yes creative types (at least they think they are) indeed....

I've found that the true level of person's talent is exactly inverse to the size of their own opinion of themself...

Mondo21
01-07-2009, 02:56 PM
I text while I drive, I do it all the time. "It's my right as a god fearing American..."

(I've also eaten an entire order of chicken curry while driving with my knees, but that's neither here nor there.)

My question is, why don't they ban everything but looking at the road while driving? So, the lady that puts up make up in the fast lane while driving with her knees is legal, but I can't send a text message? The guy reading and circling down his horses in the Racing Form can do so legally but I can't send a text? Fun times.

Second question is, how are agencies going to enforce the law? I know when I'm texting, I hold the device near my near my lap, completely out of sight from any motorist, and i look down once in a while (concealed by mirrored lenses on my glasses) to make sure I'm hitting the right keys and not typing gibberish. Same thing when I'm browsing the web on my phone. Is that to say that whenever any motorist is looking down, they're gonna get pulled over for texting while driving? Good luck trying to enforce the assumption that somebody is texting because they're looking down at their lap.

I don't know anybody but my mother who holds the phone in front of her face while writing a text message. I know when most people text while driving, they do so with their phone out of sight.

Good thing my phone will be hidden while I continue to text. Just remember, if they can't see the phone, they really can't give you a ticket.

I'll be sure to stay out of your way DarkShadow:ROFL: Cindy

Cangler
01-07-2009, 02:58 PM
I've found that the true level of person's talent is exactly inverse to the size of their own opinion of themself...

Legends in thier own lunchtime ..

Mondo21
01-07-2009, 02:59 PM
i just can't imagine what would be so damn important that I would need to risk my life to text or talk to someone while driving. They can wait until I get where I'm going.

That's right! Cindy:Big Grin:
P.S. I'm sure it's easy,but I have no idea how to text.:ROFL:

one_leg
01-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Bluetooths make me look less crazy while talking to myself at an intersection.

GeordyBass
01-07-2009, 06:51 PM

what kinda car do you have?:Shocked::Secret:

one_leg
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Bluetooths make me look less crazy as I talk to myself while standing in the crosswalk at an intersection.

Sue
01-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Bluetooths make me look less crazy as I talk to myself while standing in the crosswalk at an intersection.

That's Ricks excuse, and I think he still sticks to it :ROFL::ROFL:

Hitts0n
01-07-2009, 09:59 PM

GREAT ! Something else for you to run your mouth on !:ROFL:

muskyman
01-08-2009, 03:36 AM
My ex wife is so gonna get a ticket now

Tail Chaser
01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Precisely.

Nice billboard.
I like that one :LOL:

So did you take a pic of that while driving?

DarkShadow
01-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Nice billboard.
I like that one :LOL:

So did you take a pic of that while driving?

Of course I did!

Although, it was hard getting a good shot since I was eating a plate of spaghetti and faxing some things to the office during that time and had one eye on the Big Bass Posse DVD playing in the center console that is installed in my vehicle.

Tail Chaser
01-09-2009, 10:34 AM

Good thing you talk on the Bluetooth and dont do the texting thing O_L
Theres been a sharp rise in pedestrions stepping in front of cars at intersections and being hit while text messageing.

Guess your fingers need a break from all the typeing on FNN :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Tail Chaser
01-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Of course I did!

Although, it was hard getting a good shot since I was eating a plate of spaghetti and faxing some things to the office during that time and had one eye on the Big Bass Posse DVD playing in the center console that is installed in my vehicle.

I like how clean you keep yor windows on your vehicle. :Cool:
I could never get my windows that clean for a good driveby shot :Embarrassed:

DarkShadow
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
I like how clean you keep yor windows on your vehicle. :Cool:
I could never get my windows that clean for a good driveby shot :Embarrassed:

That's where you went wrong, my friend.

I don't take shots from inside the vehicle.

Did you know you can still steer a car with your feet, while you're upper body is hanging outside your sun roof, if you get the cruise control speed just right?

Troutman65
01-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Did you know you can still steer a car with your feet, while you're upper body is hanging outside your sun roof, if you get the cruise control speed just right?

Please do not try that at home folks.

:ROFL:

Tail Chaser
01-09-2009, 09:16 PM

:ROFL: :ROFL:
None of my personal vehicles have a sunroof.
But the 18 wheeler Peterbuilts I drive on occasion have a nice running board to stand on.
So if I want to do a nice photo shoot of some hot billboards while cruiseing down the road.
I just set the cruise control then just climb out onto the running board for some xlnt pic taking. I'll get a better close up of them hottys also. :Cool: