PDA

View Full Version : late report Monday 12/29

komaiaboyz
01-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Went fishing for the first time with my friend Mike T, who i've known since the third grade, but had no clue he was into fishing. Got to Irvine late, and didn't get on the water til around 930 or so. Mike was the first to hookup. . . to a good size bluegill. CR that one. My son Josh then hooked into a nice size trout that he proceeded to farm right at the net. I then got two trout on the Chart PB. Then it was nada for the next three hours. We trolled and trolled for nada then headed back to the West Shore, where these guys on a little boat were hooking up right and left. They ended up with 8 between the four of them, which is a good number. Mike finally wiped the skunk off with the big trout of the day between us with a 1.5-2lb. I'll have to say this, these little trout pull some line, which is surprising. Poor Kai got the skunk.
The water was stained, actually there was a film of ash on it from the recent fires. beautiful day. It was absolutely glassy day. I am thinking the bite was better around 630 am.

Troutman65
01-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Sounds like a day fishing. Thanks for the report