PDA

View Full Version : 1/1/09 DVL LMB TT and an Okuma

BingJr
01-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Went to DVL Today with a new swimbait and a new rod. Managed 2 LMB's, one 4lb, one 3lb but not what I was really looking for. (Mr Stripey..:Smile:)

Both LMB's caught on SS TT's. One 8" and one 10". My new swimbait is the 10" 4 section wake bait. What a gorgeous bait in the water. I am truly in love. The new Okuma Swimbait rod handled it masterfully!

Fish not really worth picturing but heres the new gear!

Hopefully Mr Stripey will come out and play again soon.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/08%20Holidays/c12b3d0c.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/08%20Holidays/0168af45.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/08%20Holidays/07cf1f15.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/08%20Holidays/81b1d304.jpg

matt duarte
01-01-2009, 07:39 PM
your bait like you made it??? looks like a TT with a extra section...crazy looks cool

BingJr
01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Its a TT. As you and I have talked before, I couldnt make that on a bet.:ROFL:

snag
01-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Cool, glad to hear you picked up some swim bait fish.

Those Okuma's are bad *** rods, especially considering the price.
I just picked up one more yesterday that I had on ordered, a 7-11 MH to add to the arsenal. Now I'm set with all three swim bait rods in 7-11's a MH, H, and XH.
I fish the tar out of them and really like the action.

The TT's are killer too, haven't caught anything as of yet on the TT's,but the action is awesome and it's just a matter of time.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the weather like?

I put up a post for a split on a pontoon anytime this week and weekend but no takers.

I have a boat reserved for Sat and I'm going there tommorrow to hit the shoreline.

Thanks for the report, I was getting tired of reading the BROWN TROUT REPORT, turned into a bash fest. LOL

Take care all and tight lines.

Rooster
01-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Dont know much about this stuff. But i would bite it if i was a striper. :BFish: Deadly weapons ya got there bingjr.. Hope 2 cya out there someday soon

Troutman65
01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice going BingJr. Thanks for the post

samgann93
01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
great report.

those okumas are killer stcks, i just picked one up too.

bigplug
01-02-2009, 12:44 AM
The Okuma Guide Select swimbait rods are the best swimbait rods made. If you havent tried one yet you are really missing out. There is a new 711 telescopic version just released, got mine the other day from hookeduptackle.com.

Seng90806
01-02-2009, 02:10 AM
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff316/myers422/08%20Holidays/0168af45.jpg

will bluegills or crappie be interested in this great looking lure :LOL:

trollmiester
01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Fist of all i want to apologive when you went by the dam and said hello i could not see who you were. I asked my friend and he said something about banger. I did not know you were my friend famous bing jr.lol. Did not relaize till i taked to you at the dock.Glad you had a good time. it was hot out there sunny i had no shirt on for most of the day and the water was like glass most of the day.Nice seeing you and your fiends out ther,see you at the vine this weekend.Happy new year.

BingJr
01-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Cool, glad to hear you picked up some swim bait fish.

Those Okuma's are bad *** rods, especially considering the price.
I just picked up one more yesterday that I had on ordered, a 7-11 MH to add to the arsenal. Now I'm set with all three swim bait rods in 7-11's a MH, H, and XH.
I fish the tar out of them and really like the action.

The TT's are killer too, haven't caught anything as of yet on the TT's,but the action is awesome and it's just a matter of time.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the weather like?

I put up a post for a split on a pontoon anytime this week and weekend but no takers.

I have a boat reserved for Sat and I'm going there tommorrow to hit the shoreline.

Thanks for the report, I was getting tired of reading the BROWN TROUT REPORT, turned into a bash fest. LOL

Take care all and tight lines.

The Weather was too nice and has been for a week or so. No wind, no clouds, hopefully the Fog begins to stick but by 7:30 when you sign in, walk down, get your stuff in the boat. and it may be nearly 8:00 by the time you get those little 25hp to the spot, the sun is high in the sky. It was like this both days I have fished out there last week. By noon, the LMBs are up sunning themselves on sandy beaches and any large flat rocks. It almost looks like its march and they are looking for beds, but of course they are not, they are just getting some warmth. They arent eating anything to speak of, not even following most baits. The stripers went deep and stayed deep yesterday. It is really foggy today, hope it stay that way for ya staurday, that may coax em to come up and play a litte.

Hope this helps.

yamafish
01-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Scott,
Nice report and pics. I'm liking that Okuma!
Is the water level improving at all up there?

Rodger

LateFisher
01-02-2009, 09:20 AM
HEY SCOTT THOSE 3 AND 4 POUND FISH WERE WORTHY OF PICS, CONGRATS ON SOME NICE CATCHES AND GREAT GEAR :High Five::High Five: JOHN

BingJr
01-02-2009, 09:40 AM
The water level continues to deteriorate and according to the game warden is dangerously close to a complete closure, to rentals and otherwise. What a sad state of affairs for such a beautiful lake.

I know the 3 and 4 are nice LMB's but when caught on a 10" bait, I was certainly expecting different, that's why I just tossed em back. Dont get me wrong, in my tourney fishing days, many a day I would have killed for those two fish.

matt duarte
01-02-2009, 10:25 AM
when did TT start making them with 4 sections?

lizzay
01-02-2009, 10:40 AM
I think a lake record will soon be in your hands.

Liteliner
01-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Nice swimbait and rod. I just got my okuma too. Cant wait to throw some swimmies out on DVL. Thanks for the report.

BingJr
01-02-2009, 02:18 PM
when did TT start making them with 4 sections?

Its something they have been working with and on for a while. I have not tried em all, but man, what a freeking wake bait.

snag
01-02-2009, 07:03 PM
The Weather was too nice and has been for a week or so. No wind, no clouds, hopefully the Fog begins to stick but by 7:30 when you sign in, walk down, get your stuff in the boat. and it may be nearly 8:00 by the time you get those little 25hp to the spot, the sun is high in the sky. It was like this both days I have fished out there last week. By noon, the LMBs are up sunning themselves on sandy beaches and any large flat rocks. It almost looks like its march and they are looking for beds, but of course they are not, they are just getting some warmth. They arent eating anything to speak of, not even following most baits. The stripers went deep and stayed deep yesterday. It is really foggy today, hope it stay that way for ya staurday, that may coax em to come up and play a litte.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info Bing...The wind picked up today and hopefully with some cloud cover tomorrow, it will turn things on. Had a few blow ups today but nothing to show for it.
Tight lines and thanks again.