PDA

View Full Version : Great way to start the new year!

KaliDawgFan
01-01-2009, 07:30 PM
I showed up at the Vine's front gates this morning at 4 am to see four cars ahead of me. There was a small group of guys chatting up ahead so I got out to investigate. I was able to hear 2qwik well before I saw him. He was chatting it up with Fred. Mr Bendo and Timster also were there. Cool, I thought, I'll get to fish with some familiar faces. Once the gates opened we all made a b-line to the prime spot. I took the far right. To my immediate left was Timster. Next to him was 2qwik, then Mr Bendo, Fred, gmoney and one_leg. Dirty Girl and son showed up shortly after. Mr Bendo had the hot stick early on pulling in two very respectable trout at 4.6# and 6.4#. 2qwik landed a beefy 5.1# of his own. The gentleman fishing to my right landed a whopping 10.4# trout as well. Timster, as always, had a hot stick the whole time. It seems every time he turned his back his bobber would jump. Dr. Hook, bullets_full, troutdog (a tad later), DCCTrouserTrout and DCCFisherman also showed up. Kewly trolled past a few times, and the G-Fish clan showed up also on their boat. TM65 and Whitney (forgot the FNN name) also swung by to say hey. If I forgot anyone I'm sorry. Back to the fishing. Everyone was getting bites except for me, but shortly after bullets showed I finally got bit. It was a tiny stocker, but it put up a good fight. As I'm getting the hook out bullets yells that my other pole is getting bit. Thinking I unhooked the first trout already I tossed it to the side to get my other pole. Well, I guess I was wrong because to everyone's amusement the pole went flying with the fish still attached. Everyone got a good laugh out of it. The pole and reel survived though. Not 5 minutes after that I landed #3. Those trout didn't know what they wanted today. Everyone must've changed baits 2 dozen times a piece minimum. At first N/C was hot. Once that slowed down it was powermouse. After that it was PB. Then powermouse got hot again. N/C followed that up again. Dirty Girl made an awesome lunch for everyone. Thank you very much for that! The bite slowed down in the afternoon, and troutdog broke out the radio so we could all listen to USC slaughter Penn St in the Rose Bowl. At about 3:30 I decided to pack it up and head home. My team (Georgia) had a bowl game earlier in the day that I Tivo'ed. They played sloppy in the first half but dominated in the second half to win the Capital One Bowl. Yep, it was a pretty good day and start to the year indeed!

I did take some pictures, but due to the angle of the sun they didn't turn out well at all. I'm sure someone else took some.

DCCTrouserTrout
01-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah, you guys win. ha ha ha You guys were pulling some nice fish in as we stood there scratching our heads. It was pretty tough for us.

DropShotMan
01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
awe man i wanted to see the pic of me with my cowboy hat on haha, fun day out there

Mondo21
01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Sounds like you Guys had a wonderful time out there. I will head out tomorrow to see what I can come up with. Way to slay.Hopefully I will see some familiar faces. I know the spot you Guys were in I fish w/Dr. Hook yesterday. Cindy:Big Grin:

sansou
01-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a pretty good day Ryan!

Troutman65
01-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Nice going today Ryan. CONGRATS :!!!::!!!: Hey Greg, I hope you got some rest.:Wink: :LOL:

Thanks for the report

dirty girl
01-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey Ryan
it was nice seeing you, greg and rocky this morning. im sorry lucky and erica couldnt join us.
i pretty much stayed in the kitchen but i was able to snap a few pics. my battery went out mid morning, right before your rod started pulling in the fish~sorry~ but this is what i can share.
thanx to the Team 57 boys for a great day on the island! Fisherbrat and I had fun as usual.
have a hot and dirty 2009 everyone!

Rooster
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Excellent job out there with the official Vine crew. Sounds like some nice toads to go along with great entertainment as well. Hope 2 cya all out there soon. Props

Granny Fish
01-02-2009, 09:01 AM
It was nice to get out to the Vine after such a long furlough. :LOL: We tried trolling for about an hour. The fish seemed to between 13 -28' and were stacked up all over the lake within 100-200' from shore. We had no takers after an hour of trolling and finally decided to anchor at the buoy line for some bait fishing. It was a lot of fun watching you all on the point (We could hear everything you all were saying :Secret: ). We were laughing about how everytime Dr. Hook would be down the shore talking to someone he would get a hook up and make the 20 yard dash down the shore to get his rod. Looked like the group was averaging about 3 fish every half hour, with a few farmed in between.

We caught 4 short fatty trout and a little bluegill. Not too bad for the two hours we fished. :Wink:

***It was nice to see Bruce Watson out there as well and that he still has his boat. Are you still trying to sell it Bruce or did you decide to keep it.

bruce watson
01-02-2009, 09:48 AM
After a year and a half of unemployment, my wife starts her new job on monday. The kids are now living in Ohio and my stroke did not turn out to be that bad. Just a little tingling in the fingers and an arm that naturally goes to the sling position. I think I'll keep the boat. It was great to get out to the lake yesterday.

one_leg
01-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Ryan, great report. It was nice getting to talk a lil' bit while watching you throw stuff all over the place. :LOL:

olfishergal
01-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Glad you all had a great day on the water. I have been fighting the flu all week and decided I didn't want to make that long drive to the Vine. I knew it was going to be a very good day. Glad to see so many Team 57 folks out there. Happy New Year to all of you and hopefully we'll all have many good fishing days together Health and happiness to all of us..........OFG

Mr Bendo
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice job on the fish Ryan!!!!!! It was nice to fish with you and thank you for netting my 4.6#! I went back today and it was really slow!!!!!!!!! Tim and I only got one fish the whole day! Hope to fish corona with you sometime?

Mondo21
01-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Hey Ryan
it was nice seeing you, greg and rocky this morning. im sorry lucky and erica couldnt join us.
i pretty much stayed in the kitchen but i was able to snap a few pics. my battery went out mid morning, right before your rod started pulling in the fish~sorry~ but this is what i can share.
thanx to the Team 57 boys for a great day on the island! Fisherbrat and I had fun as usual.
have a hot and dirty 2009 everyone!

Nice pics Chrissy

troutdog
01-06-2009, 01:16 AM
After a year and a half of unemployment, my wife starts her new job on monday. The kids are now living in Ohio and my stroke did not turn out to be that bad. Just a little tingling in the fingers and an arm that naturally goes to the sling position. I think I'll keep the boat. It was great to get out to the lake yesterday.

Best of health to you in 2009 Bruce....

It was great seeing Team57 members in force on New Years Day, sorry I didn't make it until 2pm ....yeah I celebrated the New Year a little later than expected. :LOL:

I took a couple pics of the day I thought I'd share...I think this was one of the fish you farmed Kalidawg because I don't have any with you holding fish :LOL: Nice bendo though!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009003.jpg

Some of the 57 crew...KaliDawg, 2Quick, FishingBrat and Timmytillo chillin along the shoreline....Granny and GrampaFish in background on the boat
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009004.jpg

Mr. Bendo aka "The Gill Hunter"
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009005.jpg

Patrick caught these guys too....wtg dude!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009007.jpg

Granny and GrampaFish out on the lake as the sun starts to go down
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009006.jpg

There were some huge fish brought to the fish cleaning station...."got roe?"
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009009.jpg

DropShotDude showing off a fish another angler had brought in earlier
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009011.jpg

Kalidawg got some new wheels and took off for home....cool ride right there!
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Newyearsthruthe3rd2009010.jpg

See you at the Vine,

TD