PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Day Carp Attack

carpinator
01-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I ran down to the local hole to take a shot at the first fish of the year, things were a little slow, one bass fisherman on the lake, all the rest were families with their kids feeding the ducks, I lost a couple of nice one's, but managed to land this beast.
9454 The old lady who feeds the geese all the time took the picture of the fish for me, I was trying to release the fish when she went to hand me the camera, I turned my head, took my eye of the fish for one second, it turned , squirmed, and twisted in my hand, my thumb got caught behind his dorsal fin and 15 pounds of pissed of carp shredded my thumb, I yelled DAMN!!!!, as the fish hit the water and swam away. I'm used to getting scraps and cuts from CATS,BLUEGILL,STRIPER, AND OCEAN fish, but this is the first time a carp has got the best of me. The moral of the story is respect all GOD's creatures, because you can get your butt kicked by one at any time. OH Ya, thanks to the old lady who gave me a field first aid dressing so i could keep fishing, I owe you one. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU FISHIN FREAKS OUT THERE!!!9455

sesgia
01-01-2009, 04:09 PM
great on the first fishing of the year.:Big Grin: remember always carry a first aid kit for moments like this. and never disrespect of any fish in the water :Twisted:

tmartin
01-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Way to go! I bet you enjoyed the fight that beast gave you, great fighters.

DCCTrouserTrout
01-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Nice carp. Always fun to catch those. Sucks that he owned you though... ha ha

Rooster
01-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Nice carp,, That beast must have took ya for a ride.. I heard of bassthumb but carpthumb is a first :Wink: Props

BassEngineer
01-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Very nice...she is huge!

megafisher94
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM
about a year ago i didnt know about the dosal fin thing, and i founf out the hard way!!!, nice fish!

BakoBassin
01-06-2009, 01:06 PM
15 pounds of pissed of carp
You'd be mad too if you were that ugly.

troutdog
01-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Quite a new years story right there, cool that that lady hooked you up on the first-aid. Keep the reports coming Carpinator! Congrats on the nice fish....

TD

EDBSIP
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
nice catch!