PDA

View Full Version : 1-1-09 Double Skunk...ouch!

SoCalGuy7
01-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Got to Silverwood around 6:40 am I knew it was going to be a rough day when I forgot my beanie. It was around 36 degrees. When the Ranger opened the gate I drove down to the Black Oak area and walked down into Miller...a nice little hike...

I threw my swimbait and mostly big Kastmasters up and down the shoreline for 4 hours for nada.... I only saw two small trout, jumping.

On the way home I didn't want to skunk out so I thought I would stop at Perris for about an hour and a half...Threw the same lures....the water was murky and I ended up with the same results...nada.

Oh well, it can only get better...right?

Two notes:

1. Saw a guy driving up the Cajon pass weaving back and forth and it was after 6 am...:Rolls Eyes:

2. When you go to a lake or a place you have to self-pay please pull ahead and off to the right so you don't hold up a line of 10-12 cars for
5 minutes while you look for dollar bills and get out of your car to write down your license plate......:Evil:

This happened at both lakes, C'mon people.....!!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

SCG7

Troutman65
01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
SCG7, Thats tuff fishing out at the wood right now. Congrats on hitting up another lake to try to beat the skunk. Your due for a nice fish soon.:Wink: Thanks for the report

HuskerRod
01-01-2009, 04:56 PM
Well skunkage hapens to the best of them. Keep up the good fight. Yah, I remember one time at Corona I was stuck behind a guy paying who wanted the whole 411 from the "pay to enter" clerk. I was about ready to lose my mind as he asked color of Power Bait, depth, etc.,etc. and just went on and on.

Huskerrod