PDA

View Full Version : Fish Tacos

Kareem Korn
01-01-2009, 10:16 AM
I made these last night and made a post for another board and thought I'd share it here also. This is really simple. The most important thing is REAL corn tortillas. That's what's makes the fish taco. The supermarket one's suck, don't use them. Find a hole in the wall mexican market. They have the best. I have one by my house that took over a Circle K. It looks like a dive. But, the tortillas are still warm in the bags. They have the best guacamole, salsa, ect. You can get everything pre made. All you have to do is cook the fish/tortillas and slap them together.

I used some rockfish, cut into 1" wide by taco length. Any fish will work tho. I'm not too fond of using the batter. It's messy, and a pain in the ars.

I use the spices in the picture. I just hit one side heavily.

I use the mexican sour cream, tapatio, lime, salt & pepper for the special cream sauce.

I also use shredded lettuce instead of the cabbage. It's just fresher tasting than dry bitter cabbage.

I cook the fish on the bbq, when it's almost done I throw the tortillas on. Rub some butter around the tops. Flip and do the same to the other side. This makes them bend without breaking, keeps them moist, and adds a little crunch on the outside.

When their both done, fill the tortillas you have. Put the cooked fish up top in the foil to keep hot and continue to cook the tortillas and assembling as needed.

The tortilla and fish have to be served fresh and hot together. That's as important as the tortilla.

I've lived off of fish taco's my whole life. This is by far my most favorite.

Troutman65
01-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Awesome :!!!: You make fish Tacos how I like them.:Cool:

You forgot one thing.

Wash down with ICE COLD BREWSKI :!!!::LOL::Wink:

Thanks for the post.

tpfishnfool
01-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Man you are killin me ! Looks so good.. Thanks for the tips

mrjonez
02-04-2009, 05:53 PM
hungry now!!!!!

Seng90806
02-09-2009, 12:59 AM
cant wait to give it a try :LOL:

lizzay
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
slab tacos sounds good right now.

sansou
02-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Looks good!

I just buy a head of cabbage (or get the bag medley of shreded cabbage) and shred it thin rather than use iceberg lettuce. I've never tried iceberg before in a taco.

RamboBoy
02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
LOOKS GOOD !! I will try that one and taste the fish taco.

Ricky-Ray
02-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Looks good. Just one question. That pic with the spices. What's the blue/white one with the chef's face on there? I can't make out what it is.