PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake Dec 30 Report

baitdunker
12-31-2008, 07:28 AM
This is my first post so bare with me.
I gave myself a FC4 for Christmas and this was the maiden voyage.
LNL Stocked monday night, acording to Nestor at the office it was a 4,000# stocking that included 2# to 4# steelhead.
I was not the only one that read about the stocking, when I arrived at 6:45 there were about 15 guys still in line waiting to buy fish permits, rent boats, buy tackle etc. Lot's of folks came to fish today, the shore was packed and all the rental boats were rented. I did not get a count but there were at least 12 tubers, probably more.
I got on the water, got set up and did nothing for the first hour. Nobody was doing anything, the fog was on the water and it was cold. Not a good start. Then the fish started biting--NICE ! First fish was stocker size but it was a fish and I had the skunk off of me. Next fish was bigger. Later in the morning the bite really took off for me and many of the others at the lake. For some reason the fish kept getting bigger as the day progressed. I was releasing fish that I would have been proud of at Irvine last week. I ended up with 11 fish caught, 6 released and 5 came home. One of the fish served as the main attraction at dinner and was delicious with pink meat.
Here is the fishing tip, I was using Power Worms exclusively. Green and Orange.9431
I hope the pictures show up. One shows the limit and the other picture shows a closer view of the largest trout. Pics taken with my cell phone and are not bad quality. 9432

ghetto dad
12-31-2008, 07:38 AM
NICE job man....welcome to the board!!

GD

samgann93
12-31-2008, 07:46 AM
nice lnl fishies.!

nice report and pics.

GET DA NET
12-31-2008, 10:03 AM
nice bows. so was that yur first time out on a tube?

MAVERICK27
12-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Great pics and report! I keep saying I am gonna hit that place again....I live so close...gotta bite the bullet!!

FishBandit
12-31-2008, 11:14 AM
Awesome outting.... planning a trip on Friday.

theBandit

troutdog
12-31-2008, 11:33 AM
Nice first post, welcome to the board and congrats on a solid limit!

Just so you know the moderators may move this to the "SoCal Freshwater Reports" section as technically LNL it is not a city park, figured I would mention it in case you thought your report got deleted or something.

Hope to fish with you out there sometime,

TD

troutdog
12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Awesome outting.... planning a trip on Friday.

theBandit

I'll be there Friday as well, should be wearing a Team57 shirt and Dodger hat....hope to get a chance to meet you. Good luck!

TD

baitdunker
12-31-2008, 01:28 PM
First off, thanks to all of you who posted words of encouragment and good wishes. I enjoy fishing and talking to folks who take it seriously.
In response to a couple of questions: No the FC4 is not my 1st tube. I have been tubing for more than 5 years and presently own 4 tubes. The first tube, a Kennebec, is pretty much thrashed due to use and age, the 2nd was a Hobie that I would love to sell, 3rd is a Bucks Bags South Coast that is a great boat but big, slow to assemble and really too much boat for LNL. The FC4 was purchased after reading many of the opinions expressed on this board.
As for moving my post from City Parks, that is fine with me. I feel privileged just to have access to the board. I pondered where to put the post and did not realize LNL was not a City Park Lake.
For the guys going to LNL friday, I wish you good luck. If I was going I would work the usual areas in the Flats.

P.S. Join me in cheering for the USC TROJANS tomorrow !!!

quik
01-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Nice lunker there bait dunker! Glad to see you on the FNN boards.:High Five:
I agree with you on the quality of fish from LNL. Hope to see at DVL soon and be sure to bring the whipper snapper with you. We can fish from shore or go out on a boat at DVL, since they do not allow tubes.
GO USC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!